• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinds of Kindness trailer. New film from Yorgos Lanthimos. Starring Emma Stone, Jesse Plemons, Willem Dafoe. Coming to cinemas in June

DKehoe

During the promotion for Poor Things I had heard that Lanthimos and Stone had already worked on a new project. Looks like we won't have long to wait for it.

From a Vulture article on it:
Kinds of Kindness, is a “triptych fable,” the official summary reads, that follows three characters: a man “without choice” attempting to gain control of his life, a policeman reuniting with his wife who was missing at sea, and a woman searching for someone with a special spiritual ability.

Last edited:

DKehoe

I did you a kindness.
the trailer tells me nothing but does have some interesting shots.
After Poor Things I'm cool with seeing whatever he wants to make next without needing to know too much. A lot of trailers give away too much these days so I'm cool with just giving more of a vibe without getting too specific.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
After Poor Things I'm cool with seeing whatever he wants to make next without needing to know too much. A lot of trailers give away too much these days so I'm cool with just giving more of a vibe without getting too specific.
I did not like poor things.

Hrk69

The shots look cool at least

I couldn't get into Poor Things unfortunately (it's one of those films where I need to be in a certain mood).

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Trailer tells me nothing
Just imagine an old school voice-over
"In a world where kindness is rare....."
"Three people are about to discover that there are different kinds of kindness....."
"And that kindness isn't always a virtue"
"From the director of Poor Things comes a heartfell story where sometimes it's the journey that counts"
"This summer get ready for a new kind or movie and a new kind of kindness"

near

Gold Member
New teaser and poster:

6oKUrEl.jpeg

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
My mothafookin' homie Giorgos keeps bringing on the goods ! Trailer is fire IMO.
Who would have thought that he'd go from the typical low-budget " o kalyteros moy filos" and the always hipster-y "kynodontas/dogtooth" Greek movie bullshit to these beautiful, Hollywood mega-productions...kudos to the man, he really, REALLY deserves it.

Man, we used to have Nana Mouskouri, Maria Callas, Aphrodite's Child, Demis Rousos, motherfucking Vangelis - the GOAT, Basil Poledouris, Kostas Gavras etc
but nowadays...country is literally ravaged by dastardly shitty TV, God-awful music, even worse trap-rap and non-existent world renowned film-makers , thank God for Lanthimos, Rotting Christ, Septic Flesh, Planet of Zeus, 1000mods and others for keeping - some sort - of artistic integrity/culture.
Greece am cry gents...

Regarding Giorgos now, i'll watch anything he produces, him and Robert Eggers are some of the "freshest" directors out there.

Cheers

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
huge gong sound
"Three people are about to discover that there are different kinds of kindness....."
heavy breathing
cut to black with loading gun sound effect
"From the director of Poor Things comes a heartfell story where sometimes it's the journey that counts"
quick montage of every action scenes of the movie including final battle with the antagonist
THX sound effect that makes your whole body vibrate while the title slowly appears on screen
:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I tried to add some early 2000s hollywood flair but really your post is perfect as it is

Winter John

Gold Member
I love this guy’s movies. They’re fuckin great. I got the audiobook for Poor Things and was real surprised when I discovered there’s a whole section he left out the movie. I get why he did it. It puts a whole other spin on the story. Anyone who likes the film should definitely give it a listen.

RaduN

This would fit perfectly in a Kojima trailer 😂

Top Bottom