• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

sasuke_91

I want to replay KH2, but my first playthrough on Proud Mode was pretty lame, because it still felt really easy, just everything took too long to die. Is Critical Mode significantly different?
Your HP is cut in half and you do half the damage. It feels a lot harder, although the story is still pretty easy after some point.
The post-game in FM is infinitely harder than what we know from the PS2 :p

Weiss

Banned
Your HP is cut in half and you do half the damage. It feels a lot harder, although the story is still pretty easy after some point.
The post-game in FM is infinitely harder than what we know from the PS2 :p

Oh, I thought that Sora took and dealt more damage, and that he gets a few Critical Mode perks to make things more fun.

I never felt challenged enough by Proud Mode to ever really go beyond just popping Drive forms every once in a while, but I'm not really in the mood to give it another go if Critical Mode is just more hacking away at the enemies.

sasuke_91

Oh, I thought that Sora took and dealt more damage, and that he gets a few Critical Mode perks to make things more fun.

I never felt challenged enough by Proud Mode to ever really go beyond just popping Drive forms every once in a while, but I'm not really in the mood to give it another go if Critical Mode is just more hacking away at the enemies.
Oh yeah that was my mistake. Your HP is cut in half and your enemies do more damage. I don't know if you deal more or less damage, but the abilities that are unlocked right at the beginning definitely make things more comfortable.
Give it a try. I'd say that some parts of the game are pretty challenging.
Have you ever played the Final Mix version? If not, the post-game alone is worth playing the game for.

Weiss

Banned
Oh yeah that was my mistake. Your HP is cut in half and your enemies do more damage. I don't know if you deal more or less damage, but the abilities that are unlocked right at the beginning definitely make things more comfortable.
Give it a try. I'd say that some parts of the game are pretty challenging.
Have you ever played the Final Mix version? If not, the post-game alone is worth playing the game for.

Yeah, I've got the HD collection.

I guess I'll give it a whirl.

Tsunamo

Yeah Critical in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is like a whole different game in terms of difficulty curb. Haven't had that much fun playing through a game again in so long.

Sigurd2990

Neo Member
I just started KH2 on the HD collection. It's a lot of fun. I really like how the combat feels and it having Lion King was awesome. I can't wait to play this on Critical Mode after my Proud playthrough

Tsunamo

So with the latest Chi story update it's implied
Chi and Unchained are in separate dimensions and that possibly it's possible to obtain the ability to crossover to 'unchained'. Could just be Nomura making nods to the title, and giving it plot meaning as he does, but Nomura did imply in a interview that they're both canon, and I wouldn't put it past him to do that.
He did it the absolute madman.

Also Nomura stop teasing us!
-In the first game there was one playable character, in the second there were two - will there be three in the third?

Nomura: It’s a secret but by saying that we imply that maybe something’s going on. We can’t disclose anything but, maybe, something will happen there.
http://www.gamestm.co.uk/interviews/rebuilding-kingdom-hearts-with-tetsuya-nomura/

Golnei

I don't think they'd make a complete, playable Aqua and only use her for Ground Zeroes, so it might be possible for her to be a playable character in the main game - though there's always the chance she'll just be a party member or have a role as an optional crutch like KH2 Mickey.

Psxphile

With the way 3D ended, I'm demanding no fewer than seven playable characters.

Nope. Teams of three:
Sora/Donald/Goofy
Riku/Mickey/???
Kairi/???/???

Your three playable characters.

Aqua will probably be given a way to join the cast early on, maybe get put on Kairi's team because girl power. Still not sure how they're going to resolve the Roxas/Ventus and Terra/Xehanort situation in order to make them gameplay viable. And I don't know if you can call Lea a team player, he'll likely go off on his own and only appear whenever shit is dire and they need an out. The only team he'd want to be one would have to have Roxas and Xion in it.

No, I don't think Nomura would enable so many characters to be playable like that.

I can't say that I know a whole lot about what the heck 0.2 is in the Final Prologue collection, but didn't Nomura state that there could be a link between Aqua and the Riku/King Mickey duo in it?

I can't say that I know a whole lot about what the heck 0.2 is in the Final Prologue collection, but didn't Nomura state that there could be a link between Aqua and the Riku/King Mickey duo in it?
It's all but confirmed that Mickey ran into Aqua at some point between the events of KH1 and CoM. Re:Coded's secret movie states that the only person of the BBS trio that he knows still hasn't been located yet is Terra, implying that he knows Aqua's predicament already. On top of that, if the press release for 2.8 is anything to go by, 0.2 is being framed as Mickey elaborating on some things to Sora post KH3D, so there's no way he'd know about the specifics of Aqua's Realm of Darkness adventures unless he ran into her during his time there.

It's all but confirmed that Mickey ran into Aqua at some point between the events of KH1 and CoM. Re:Coded's secret movie states that the only person of the BBS trio that he knows still hasn't been located yet is Terra, implying that he knows Aqua's predicament already. On top of that, if the press release for 2.8 is anything to go by, 0.2 is being framed as Mickey elaborating on some things to Sora post KH3D, so there's no way he'd know about the specifics of Aqua's Realm of Darkness adventures unless he ran into her during his time there.

So it's likely that Mickey met Aqua during the events of 0.2? The flow of time in the Realm of Darkness isn't something that's been described yet, possibly leading to such encounters

Weiss

Banned
Holy crap, Final Form.

It's like playing a cutscene from Advent Children.

So is there any reason to use any of those other forms I just spent an hour grinding to max, or should I just stick to Final?

Ahnez

Holy crap, Final Form.

It's like playing a cutscene from Advent Children.

So is there any reason to use any of those other forms I just spent an hour grinding to max, or should I just stick to Final?

Leveling the forms unlocks more abilities for Sora, so its not wasted time.

But no, there's no reason to use Valor, Wisdom or Master.

Limit and Final are the way to go

Weiss

Banned
We need to go deeper. Dream Drop the Distance.

I could take Xenansemnort, because at least Sora spent the entire game complaining about how stupid it was, and Birth by Sleep and Days ended up bringing interesting concepts to the series, but 3D? That was too much.

Tsunamo

I'm digging that new Nomura art. Can't wait to see 2.8's coverart later.
CQoF1s-U8AEvT6Y.png
I could take Xenansemnort, because at least Sora spent the entire game complaining about how stupid it was, and Birth by Sleep and Days ended up bringing interesting concepts to the series, but 3D? That was too much.
Yeah DDD I think was the final straw of what I could take from silliness in the series before I lost it. Now I just roll with it and enjoy the gameplay, though it will be nice to get a conclusion and have everything introduced post-2 wrapped up.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I kinda want to platinum a KH game but I'm not too much into repeating the entire game. How would you guys order the platinum difficulty of the HD game?

I also wish KH 0.2 has a very easy platinum. :p

Famassu

Yeah DDD I think was the final straw of what I could take from silliness in the series before I lost it. Now I just roll with it and enjoy the gameplay, though it will be nice to get a conclusion and have everything introduced post-2 wrapped up.
I don't really see why DDD is thought to be some kind of breaking point for so many people. It's really not all that different from a lot of other fantasy stories where some ancient evil from the past returns/rematerializes through some BS magic or the other. That Master Xehanort can pull the "souls" of his other incarnations through time for a final showdown isn't really all that outlandish a concept. It was explained in a somewhat convoluted manner, but the idea of fighting Master Xehanort & all his incarnations makes for a pretty epic finale .

I mean, is it really any more dumb than the crazy shit Marvel has been doing with their comics this year/the last few months? If anything, this is pretty tame in comparison.

I kinda want to platinum a KH game but I'm not too much into repeating the entire game. How would you guys order the platinum difficulty of the HD game?

I also wish KH 0.2 has a very easy platinum. :p
If you don't want repeat playthroughs, then 1.5 is out completely. KH1 needs to be played through 3 times for a Platinum and Re:Com, what, 6 times? Neither is all that hard, but the repetition is a killer.

I think KHII might be the only viable game, since I think difficulty trophies stack in that one (?) and there's only one character to play as, while in BBS you have to play through the same partly sucky side-content 3 times for a 100% with all characters, which I think is needed for Platinum. KHIIFM has some difficult optional content, but all in all it seems like the most manageable one from a pure time-consumption & non-repetition POV.

KH1 is a pretty short and easy game to speedrun now that you can skip the cutscenes (and some of the worlds). You can easily do a few worlds in short bursts if you want the platinum.

The time I had to spend on grinding in FFX platinum was probably longer than the time I had to spend on the 2 additional runs for KH. Also the additional runs allow you to spread some of the more annoying missable trophies (no equipment change, no deaths, speedrun).

Falk

that puzzling face
On the other hand KH1 has Pink Agaricus which is like 5x as bad to do in 1.5 because of the tweaked controls and on par with the juggling mushroom in KH2

:C

On the other hand KH1 has Pink Agaricus which is like 5x as bad to do in 1.5 because of the tweaked controls and on par with the juggling mushroom in KH2

:C

Nothing in KH1 comes close to that dude. I still have nightmares.

Maybe I just got lucky with Pinks. I got drops almost every time. Also some people have figured out ways to get 100 hits if you are unlucky.

Nothing in KH1 comes close to that dude. I still have nightmares.

Maybe I just got lucky with Pinks. I got drops almost every time. Also some people have figured out ways to get 100 hits if you are unlucky.

yeah i remember people bugging out dolan and goffy by using summon to get them stuck

Weiss

Banned
yeah i remember people bugging out dolan and goffy by using summon to get them stuck

I tried that but they kept showing up next to me anyway.

I just lucked out a few times getting the items from the Pink Agaricus. By far the most annoying of the puzzle Heartless.

Top Bottom