• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Mediking

to be fair, Willa Holland was only 18 when BBS released, she's had sometime to improve on her voice acting i'm sure.

Voice acting is great. It's the character. Nothing is bad about Aqua either. I just want something more for a potential older female lead.

Psxphile

Aqua is cool but I want a woman lead with much more personality than her.

how about a younger version of an older character

tumblr_nwguz1QYHT1qkjik5o1_500.jpg

Mediking

how about a younger version of an older character

tumblr_nwguz1QYHT1qkjik5o1_500.jpg

Cool idea but I'm afraid Nomura would just do another Kairi.

I'm thinking of a older female lead whose shy yet the strongest in her village. Sort've an outcast. Not really sure what she should be doing with her life... until she discovers a Keyhole.

Or go classic and do a blood thirsty tsundere female lead.

Aqua? Kairi? I laugh at these pleb excuses of a female character.

Bow before the KWEEN
xxRgb4H.gif

Mostly just her KH1 appearance. Doe KH2 does have some brilliantly hammy moments.

But if you ask me I like Kairi better than Aqua even if she doesn't really do that much. Aqua is overrated tho she is fun to play as. I'm not exactly a huge Xion fan either but I like her more than Aqua also.

Mediking

Aqua? Kairi? I laugh at these pleb excuses of a female character.

Bow before the KWEEN
xxRgb4H.gif

Mostly just her KH1 appearance. Doe KH2 does have some brilliantly hammy moments.

But if you ask me I like Kairi better than Aqua even if she doesn't really do that much. Aqua is overrated tho she is fun to play as. I'm not exactly a huge Xion fan either but I like her more than Aqua also.

Magnificent is more exciting to see than Ansem at times. Actually... Dream Drop Distance should've had some M action.

Lmao. Anybody remember this line from Dream Drop Distance: "The X on your chest..." I think Ansem says that to Sora towards the end.

Psxphile

Speaking of Namine... can somebody please explain why she's important and stuff? I still just don't get it.

*shrugs* She has power over Sora memories and those tied to him, probably due to the fact that she's a special Nobody.

Naminé was born when Sora became a Heartless in order to free Kairi's heart during Kingdom Hearts. Kairi's own body never became a Nobody because her heart lacked darkness (since she was one of the Princesses of Heart), so her body and soul were never able to leave the Realm of Light and thus made it seem like Kairi was in a comatose state until she regained her heart. The absence of darkness also meant that a heartless wasn't created. This made Naminé a very strange Nobody, born from Kairi's heart and Sora's body and soul.

EDIT:
Should've been in DDD in some way, instead of being the cameo surprise at the end.

Malyse

Should've been in DDD in some way, instead of being the cameo surprise at the end.

Yen Sid said:
I have come to learn that you, too, can wield a Keyblade. I am glad you are here. Master Xehanort has returned to gather the 13 Darknesses and we must be ready to oppose him with the 7 lights. You, Kairi, are begin training to use the Keyblade with a true master to teach you the proper way. As such, King Mickey will watch over your training as you enter the Realm of Sleep.

In the vein of Birth by Sleep Final Mix, we get an addition onto Dream Drop Distance HD: Kairi mode where she finishes the test that Sora and Riku would have done without Xehanort's interference and awakens the last Sleeping World. I don't count Destiny Islands Ursula fight as an actual world.You don't even see the island and it's a boss battle with a character from another world.
As for which world that would be? Daybreak Town. And instead of interference coming from Master Xehanort, it comes from the leader of the sixth faction. You also get to meet Skuld and Epherema, as well as getting to take on the five Foretellers.

We'll also go with eus-mylus's concept of dream eaters as weapons.

tumblr_n6e7izBzfK1qko0jko1_1280.png

MAtgS

In the vein of Birth by Sleep Final Mix, we get an addition onto Dream Drop Distance HD: Kairi mode where she finishes the test that Sora and Riku would have done without Xehanort's interference and awakens the last Sleeping World. I don't count Destiny Islands Ursula fight as an actual world.You don't even see the island and it's a boss battle with a character from another world.
It's already been confirmed that DDDHD won't have new content. A shame since there's like a boss missing from world in that game IMO.

I'm playing the new Ratchet and Clank right now and it kinda makes me depressed when it comes to KH3. RC looks really good at a glance but once you start to look at many of the details you realize it actually isn't as technically impressive in many parts as you would think, the artstyle is what really carries it through. Some things we have seen about KH3 are more impressive even at this stage than RC, for example the amount of foliage and smaller details but it looks worse than it is because they haven't quite nailed the art direction in it. I really, really hope they keep improving especially on this front. There are some things that give me at least some hope like Sora's model being a bit less derpy looking face in the latest D23 Mysterious Tower footage compred to the E3 demo and the fact the game is still at least like 1.5 years away.

Gotta remain hopeful. It still bums me out when other more cartoony stuff like Ni No Kuni 2 has a reveal trailer and they just NAIL a certain look while even there if you start to really look at the little details you can find some warts but the artstyle just hides it so well.

Malyse

I'm playing the new Ratchet and Clank right now and it kinda makes me depressed when it comes to KH3. RC looks really good at a glance but once you start to look at many of the details you realize it actually isn't as technically impressive in many parts as you would think, the artstyle is what really carries it through. Some things we have seen about KH3 are more impressive even at this stage than RC, for example the amount of foliage and smaller details but it looks worse than it is because they haven't quite nailed the art direction in it. I really, really hope they keep improving especially on this front. There are some things that give me at least some hope like Sora's model being a bit less derpy looking face in the latest D23 Mysterious Tower footage compred to the E3 demo and the fact the game is still at least like 1.5 years away.

Gotta remain hopeful. It still bums me out when other more cartoony stuff like Ni No Kuni 2 has a reveal trailer and they just NAIL a certain look while even there if you start to really look at the little details you can find some warts but the artstyle just hides it so well.

Having to merge

with

and possibly

while hitting a target of

sounds like a goddamn nightmare.

Famassu

Kh3 golden formula: 95% Square Enix 5% Disney

Or... 80% SE and 10% Disney.
That's not gonna happen. Big Hero 6 already implies they are aiming to go big with Disney stuff in KHIII and Nomura has said they've heard (some) fans' complaints about Disney worlds/stories becoming a bit too irrelevant to the games. So I hope that means KHIII will be closer to KH1 when it comes to integrating the Disney stories properly into the overall narrative, or at least offering something more interesting for the purely Disney parts in the worlds than what they've been doing recently.

Malyse

That's not gonna happen. Big Hero 6 already implies they are aiming to go big with Disney stuff in KHIII and Nomura has said they've heard (some) fans' complaints about Disney worlds/stories becoming a bit too irrelevant to the games. So I hope that means KHIII will be closer to KH1 when it comes to integrating the Disney stories properly into the overall narrative, or at least offering something more interesting for the purely Disney parts in the worlds than what they've been doing recently.

Disney Infinity is more that part of the reason. Now that Disney sees that there is serious money to be made in games, they are giving KH3 a hell of a lot more attention than previous.

Mediking

Fun Fact: I would give Dream Drop Distance a high score if it actually used Older Sora's model for the game to play as. At the end you get just a small touch of playing as Older Sora and it was such a tease. People who trash KH tend to miss that KH has some of the best animations....

16%2B-%2B1

tumblr_n49douSLe61rdw7fho3_250.gif

Can't wait to see new Sora in cutscenes and stuff.

DKHF

I'm still not a fan of his model/the other characters we've seen so far's models, even in the D23 footage it still looks off to me. But yeah the game is still a while away so hopefully they can change it more towards this look (and I know that was not UE4 but still).

Psxphile

traitor_by_fake_magical_girl-da0ht9l.png

When I was making this I noticed something. Leopardos is the only Keyblade without a heart on it.

That's because you have half of it obscured by a giant R. Though maybe it says something that the heart is on the blade closer to the hilt than to the tip.

Tsunamo

I genuinely thought the Kingdom Hearts Orcestras were new Kingdom Hearts titles at first, then I read that Nomura cameup with the logos and titles and it all made sense.

Considering he never mentioned KH3 for 2017 I wonder if these count as our 2017 KH title?
Half joking, I think they'll try to get 3 out next year

Too bad the World Tour isn't coming to Australia. A New World ended up coming to my town and sold tickets fairly well there (we rarely get Videogame Orcestras, our town usually gets skipped over so I think of it as a good test for the market here), so maybe we'll get it if they do another one.
I'm still not a fan of his model/the other characters we've seen so far's models, even in the D23 footage it still looks off to me. But yeah the game is still a while away so hopefully they can change it more towards this look (and I know that was not UE4 but still).

That is basically what I was hoping for. I was a bit worried how they'd handle the switch to unreal engine 4, and while everything else looks alright so far and Soras facial model is starting to look much better (and I assume and also hope it'll improve more, especially if we have the Kingdom Shader (or trying to replicate something like that effect on unreal engine 4) in different worlds, but that right there was the perfect look for Sora for me.

Mediking

I just downloaded the mobile game and I've been playing it for a while. Here are some quick impressions:

• This IS a KH game. Wow. This mobile game is oozing with KH and that's awesome. So the fear of this being a poorly made mobile game is gone
  • Combat is easy and fun.
  • THEY ACTUALLY HAVE A DARKER SKIN TONE OPTION FOR CREATING YOUR AVATAR!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
  • I chose Vulpus to join!
  • This is making me want KH3 and KH 2.8 even more....

Hachitora

Wanna get into the manga for Days since the only thing I found any kinda interesting in that game was the narrative (Xion in particular since I rly like her for some reason). Her design is very plain, and if she shows up in 3 I hope Nomura has her take the cloak off a la Roxas and give her a cool outfit

JTripper

I wonder how fast the tickets will sell for the Orchestra World Tour because I'd love to go to the NY show. It's also currently the last show announced and in June 2017.
KH3 confirmed Fall 2017 release ;)

Top Bottom