• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Weiss

Banned
I could buy that (I might actually love to buy that). They could have set that up by
never explaining how he lost his eye.

He forged his keyblade with the eye Braig lost to Terra by traveling forward in time.

square enix hire me

zeemumu

He forged his keyblade with the eye Braig lost to Terra by traveling forward in time.

square enix hire me

I don't know if they ever clarified that you can travel forward in in time, only back, or out of time.
When Xehanort went back in time, he had to take the long way back to the future, and as far as I know, their meeting place exists outside of time since the Realm of Sleep functions on a different level

I never fully understood until recently that the Drop system was
Riku fighting evil in Sora's dreams, which is why you play as Riku when Sora's asleep and why you play as Sora while Riku's asleep.

Tsunamo

1.5+2.5 trophy list is out. It's basically the same but 1 and Re:CoM difficulty trophys seem to be stackable and no Re:coded or 358/2 Days trophys in sight.

Time to start the nightmare all over again

1.5+2.5 trophy list is out. It's basically the same but 1 and Re:CoM difficulty trophys seem to be stackable and no Re:coded or 358/2 Days trophys in sight.

Time to start the nightmare all over again
Not likely. Not for me. I will never ever buy this. SE can shove these cynical elitist rereleases up where the land of the rising sun don't shine. Don't fall for it. We've played this before.

Tsunamo

I don't see the problem with releasing games people enjoy to a new audience on a new platform. And 60fps is another new way to expirence games i've played time and time again for me.

I get everyone's not keen on it, but I like that the whole series is finally on one platform after all these years (and in a decently priced package, or it will be when 2.8 drops in price anyway)

Not likely. Not for me. I will never ever buy this. SE can shove these cynical elitist rereleases up where the land of the rising sun don't shine. Don't fall for it. We've played this before.

You could either see it as elitist and capitalist and whatever else you convinced yourself that it is, or as an opportunity for people who didn't own a PS3 to play the series in a remastered fashion :/

If they did this release with a $300 SE that included some useless statue, then that would be elitist

Lnds500

Isn't it strange how the animations make 'em look like they're moving through molasses now that it's in 60fps? DDD HD didn't have that problem.

I am watching now on a bigger screen and it does look off in some way. Also, the UI in KH1 is extremely blurry??

Tsunamo

I think part of its the upload. The colours in BBS/2Final Mix footage look washed out and that was an official Square-Enix video too, but if you watch the person who streamed it yesterday it looks more bright and crisp/clear.
My only problem is that this collection should have been released back in 2014 when 2.5 came out on PS3.
It's the Square-Enix way. Just like how Re:CoM got a NA release in 2008 when the PS3/360 were starting to become the norm.

I think part of its the upload. The colours in BBS/2Final Mix footage look washed out and that was an official Square-Enix video too, but if you watch the person who streamed it yesterday it looks more bright and crisp/clear. It's the Square-Enix way. Just like how Re:CoM got a NA release in 2008 when the PS3/360 were starting to become the norm.

You think that's bad? EU got Re:CoM in 2013. Showing that love for fans.

Psxphile

I said earlier that the 60fps looked off to me, producing janky animations.

The new video released today for 2.5 were similarly the same. Then I decided to watch them in something other than Firefox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57CibvXa5q0

BIG difference. On Chrome both videos looked and felt so much better. I mean, KH1FM's animations still seem a little slow to me but Re:CoM seemed better, and KHIIFM and BBSFM looked just as I was expecting. Firefox a shit.

zeemumu

I wish trophies transferred from the ps3 versions. I'll probably hold off on finishing kh2 find mix on the ps3 collection and just buy the ps4 one when that drops.

I kinda need that pin

Vashetti

Banned
I wish trophies transferred from the ps3 versions. I'll probably hold off on finishing kh2 find mix on the ps3 collection and just buy the ps4 one when that drops.

I kinda need that pin

If you're 'hiding' the PS3 games on your Trophy list so you don't have repeats, keep Re:Coded and 358/2 Days visible as they don't have lists on PS4.

zeemumu

If you're 'hiding' the PS3 games on your Trophy list so you don't have repeats, keep Re:Coded and 358/2 Days visible as they don't have lists on PS4.

Nah I just want to wait for the version that looks and plays better. My PS3 console and controllers have some wear since they were the backwards compatible version from way back, so I might have a better experience on the PS4 one

Malyse

I said earlier that the 60fps looked off to me, producing janky animations.

The new video released today for 2.5 were similarly the same. Then I decided to watch them in something other than Firefox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57CibvXa5q0

BIG difference. On Chrome both videos looked and felt so much better. I mean, KH1FM's animations still seem a little slow to me but Re:CoM seemed better, and KHIIFM and BBSFM looked just as I was expecting. Firefox a shit.

That's what you get for using an inferior browser.
ducreux1.jpg

Psxphile

Kingdom Hearts Memorial Music Box website launched:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/memorial/

C6cl-bvVMAAFPOo.jpg

15 lucky people will be chosen by lottery to win one of these custom music boxes that plays Dearly Beloved. Might be a Japan-only thing. Ya gotta recount your favorite memory about the games' story or music and tweet it to the official twitter account using the hashtag #音で視るキングダムハーツ starting March 9th and ending the 31st. Source

Tsunamo

Still waiting for KH to download so I can play it without the need to download more of this file download message :/

Gonna take another 2 days with my awful internet at this rate.
You think that's bad? EU got Re:CoM in 2013. Showing that love for fans.
As a Aussie I know. It's pretty lucky my PS2's modded to be region free so I could import them.

Malyse

Still waiting for KH to download so I can play it without the need to download more of this file download message :/

Gonna take another 2 days with my awful internet at this rate.As a Aussie I know. It's pretty lucky my PS2's modded to be region free so I could import them.
I modded mine when KH2FM+ was announced. Played through Final Mix before RECoM hit American shores.

http://pastebin.com/t9fzcZsk
All the changes in the new release. As I said before, these games weren't made for 60fps. I'm sure that they'll patch it, but if they couldn't fix the various xemnas issues after developing a whole new version, maybe it can't be patched...

Anyway, I heard that recom and bbs are perfect so if you wanna play those, go ahead. I'm just dissapointed that these issues still remain, so I'll skip.

aravuus

Crashes often? Seriously? That's not good

Well whatever, I'm not in a hurry. I was planning on replaying the series in June or July or something at the earliest.

Not true 60 fps? What's that supposed to mean?

Lnds500

- not true 60fps
- 5GB patch
- multiple new bugs
- save game crashes (wtf?)
- no word on what PS4 Pro support means

They really half-assed this, didn't they? I wasn't planning on getting it right away but it's still disappointing.

Vashetti

Banned
- not true 60fps
- 5GB patch
- multiple new bugs
- save game crashes (wtf?)
- no word on what PS4 Pro support means

They really half-assed this, didn't they? I wasn't planning on getting it right away but it's still disappointing.

It runs at 4K/60fps on the Pro on a 4K screen, and likely lacks downsampling for 1080p screens as per DDD in 2.8

Psxphile

If I were to guess, it's about the cutscenes staying at 30fps. Can't say a game has full 60fps if half of it is spent in 30, right?

Which is weird because no one I recall knocked DDD HD for being "not true 60fps".

aravuus

If I were to guess, it's about the cutscenes staying at 30fps. Can't say a game has full 60fps if half of it is spent in 30, right?

Which is weird because no one I recall knocked DDD HD for being "not true 60fps".

Ah, I see. Hardly a problem then, I personally think cutscene framerate doesn't really matter at all, as long as it's stable.

Man I hope they patch all that shit.

Did they ever even patch WOFF pro mode? That shit was ridicilous and took forever if they even did fix it.

Personally I don't really worry that much other than the save crash that hopefully doesn't happen too often. The load times were the biggest problem for me and none of the physichs bugging isn't gamebreaking. Here's hoping doe that for once SE would fix all the problems.

Burbeting

Banned
Biggest worry is that the Data Organization fights seem to be partly broken now. Data Vexen is really difficult to defeat if Data Sora is summoned, and it seems it now summons as soon as fight starts due to a 60fps bug.

Lnds500

Crashes often? Seriously? That's not good

Well whatever, I'm not in a hurry. I was planning on replaying the series in June or July or something at the earliest.

A lot of effects and animations seem to be in 30fps, which ia understandable and yet regrettable.

Ah, I see. Hardly a problem then, I personally think cutscene framerate doesn't really matter at all, as long as it's stable.

Don't know about you but on emulation the 60fps cutscenes made the game look even better. It's a shame they decide to cap it especially since cutscenes are one of the more stable aspect of 60fps besides the subtitle timing (which is easily fixable)

Top Bottom