• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

This is probably not going to be delayed again (past 2018 anyway. Holiday vs Spring? idk) but I do wonder if Disney is going to make a Big Deal of this. Get face actors for Sora and Riku in the parks! Release some tsum tsums! Make cute XV Brotherhood-esque anime shorts about growing up on destiny islands, or filler hijinks inbetween world visits. But them on Disney XD!

It is totally possible to monetize Kingdom Hearts more, and boost its popularity between now and release, but they don't seem to want to and I don't really know why. Especially when the whole series can now be found on the most popular gaming platform.

Gummi ship confirmed

Did we already know this or did we just assume it'll be in based on it appearing in A Fragmentary Passage?

Nomura also wasn't ready to further discuss the Gummi, so we could be looking at major changes to Gummi gameplay

Nomura says Switch is possible for KH3

Damn they just keep coming. This one probably won't happen, though.

While initially really cool, I wonder how well a switch could run KH3. It is on UE4 and all, but the toy story world looks like it needs a lot of horsepower to it o_o

Famassu

I just think that especially after the stuff shown in the new trailer, this just doesn't seem like a game that is easy enough to port to Switch that it would be worth it, without huge compromises. The outdoors environment in Toy Story in particular looked like something that would be really hard to replicate on Switch without huge sacrifices to draw distance, asset quality/detail across the board, lighting downgrades & other VFX taking a hit to maintain framerate. The game just looks insane, just constant crazy explosive action

I am really not confident a PS4 would even maintain a consistent 30fos with this game. Heck. 0.2 wasn't even 1080p. If KH3 does go for more platforms after its initial release then I'll just wait and see what happens

Preferred PC user here

So this rating is on the poster.

96xgx0fr1v9z.jpg

Alcohol? Could that be a hint for another world? Pirates? The tavern in Tangled? Robin Hood?

Blood too...

Isn't it because the other side has the ReMIX posters on them so the rating would sort of match for them?

Tsunamo

Considering 0.2 runs at 900p on PS4 I would be a tad bit worried about seeing the sacrifices to get KH3 running on Switch.
Am I missing something here? I thought it was native 1080p. Digital Foundry even said that.
So this rating is on the poster.

96xgx0fr1v9z.jpg

Alcohol? Could that be a hint for another world? Pirates? The tavern in Tangled? Robin Hood?

Blood too...
interesting to note 2.5 and 1.5+2.5 had those same descriptions on the rating. Could mean nothing, could mean something. I'd put my money on Pirates though if it is 3 related.

Am I missing something here? I thought it was native 1080p. Digital Foundry even said that. interesting to note 2.5 and 1.5+2.5 had those same descriptions on the rating. Could mean nothing, could mean something. I'd put my money on Pirates though if it is 3 related.
It's 1080p on pro, 900p on base.

Jawmuncher

Ok so I have read a few different things. For PS4 Birth by Slee how do I get the secret episode on normal?

I know I need all Xenahort reports. Do I need more than that as well?

Im talking the episode where you can play as Aqua after everything is done

Psxphile

Ok so I have read a few different things. For PS4 Birth by Slee how do I get the secret episode on normal?

I know I need all Xenahort reports. Do I need more than that as well?

Im talking the episode where you can play as Aqua after everything is done
According to GameFAQs:
Complete the Final Episode, Complete the Sticker Album with 140 points for all characters & Obtain the Keyslinger Trinity Trophy

Obviously all Xehanort reports is included since you need to have that to even access Final Episode. The Sticker Album for Aqua needs to be completed and saved on her story mode playthrough, not Final Episode's.

Jawmuncher

According to GameFAQs:

Obviously all Xehanort reports is included since you need to have that to even access Final Episode. The Sticker Album for Aqua needs to be completed and saved on her story mode playthrough, not Final Episode's.

Yeah, looks like I'll just watch that on YouTube then. Thanks for the confirmation

So, it's kind of funny to think that we already know about a little less than half of the Disney worlds that will be in KH3.

To date, we have worlds for:

Hercules
Tangled
Toy Story
Big Hero 6

And there's the non-Disney worlds:

Twilight Town

Malyse

Climax of KH3 is going to be them upsetting Xehanort's machinations by bringing a fuckton of keyblade wielders including Donald, Goofy, Roxas, Ventus, Aqua, Eraqus, Ephemer, Skuld, and everyone else.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Vaxa, Xiar, Cexad, Ulgax, and Vinix were somehow the remaining members of True!Organization XIII and all of a sudden [chi] becomes super relevant. (We must return to free them from their torment. Their hurting will be mended, when you return to end it )

saad1

Banned
So, it's kind of funny to think that we already know about a little less than half of the Disney worlds that will be in KH3.

To date, we have worlds for:

Hercules
Tangled
Toy Story
Big Hero 6

And there's the non-Disney worlds:

Twilight Town

i hope they include hyper-realistic world (star wars or poc)

botty

Banned
Seeing Heartless fight with Nobodies is cool visually, but doesn't make much sense. Hoping that they make it so that the Heartless attack nobodies randomly.

I feel like we really have no sense of this story yet... and I'm fine with it I guess. I really hope they don't shoehorn that [chi] crap into this game. If that horrible movie is any indication, all that mobile garbage will be saved for whatever sequel series Nomura is planning.

Seeing Heartless fight with Nobodies is cool visually, but doesn't make much sense. Hoping that they make it so that the Heartless attack nobodies randomly.

I feel like we really have no sense of this story yet... and I'm fine with it I guess. I really hope they don't shoehorn that [chi] crap into this game. If that horrible movie is any indication, all that mobile garbage will be saved for whatever sequel series Nomura is planning.
Somebody missed the e3 trailer

Zaverious

So what's going on with unchained chi right now? Last thing I remember is
Ventus and some Ienzo looking guy
being revealed months ago. Any specifics?

saad1

Banned

did u miss the unversed? because they were also in.

In terms of the story of KH3, we actually know quite a lot. I'm not even going to remember all the plot points here

- Sora will need to regain his powers after the events in 3D, and so will visit Hercules
- Maleficent and Pete are hunting down Luxu's black box. This might see resolution in the game's climax
- Aqua will need to be rescued from the dark realm, and Ventus may need to be woken up
- Xehanort is rebuilding the new Org XIII
- Everything is leading up to a confrontation between seven lights and thirteen darknesses
- Lea and Kairi are undergoing training as keyblade wielders
- Reborn Ansem and Xemnas will try to push out Sora's inner darkness
- Sora, Donald, and Goofy are looking for the key of awakening, and Riku and Mickey are looking for a way into the dark realm

Have I missed anything?

In terms of the story of KH3, we actually know quite a lot. I'm not even going to remember all the plot points here

- Sora will need to regain his powers after the events in 3D, and so will visit Hercules
- Maleficent and Pete are hunting down Luxu's black box. This might see resolution in the game's climax
- Aqua will need to be rescued from the dark realm, and Ventus may need to be woken up
- Everything is leading up to a confrontation between seven lights and thirteen darknesses

Have I missed anything?
Sora Donald and goofy are looking for They of awaking, while Riki and Mickey look for a way into the dark realm to get aqua that's about it

saad1

Banned
Where were there any Unversed? Don't remember seeing any... And it wouldn't make sense since they're predecessors to the Heartless

the blue mecha in galaxy toys. pay attention to the symbol!
actually no they aren't predecessors. [ they originate from vanitas's emotions , so technically vanitas will be in KH3]

Sora Donald and goofy are looking for They of awaking, while Riki and Mickey look for a way into the dark realm to get aqua that's about it

Edited into the list, thanks :]

the blue mecha in galaxy toys. pay attention to the symbol!
actually no they aren't predecessors. [ they originate from vanitas's emotions , so technically vanitas will be in KH3]

Hmm, weird. I see what you mean about the symbols on the cockpits of the mechas, but why would, I wonder, a toy become an Unversed? I guess there's precedence for the Unversed possessing objects, like Cinderella's carriage

Siege.exe

That little bit about Kairi and Lea basically training in a hyperbolic time chamber dramatically changes how I'd feel about Kairi being playable at some point. That being said, it also brings up the same "why didn't everyone always train there for big encounters?" issue that Dragon Ball has. Like, Sora slept for a year and you didn't toss him in there to get back in shape as quickly as possible?

That little bit about Kairi and Lea basically training in a hyperbolic time chamber dramatically changes how I'd feel about Kairi being playable at some point. That being said, it also brings up the same "why didn't everyone always train there for big encounters?" issue that Dragon Ball has. Like, Sora slept for a year and you didn't toss him in there to get back in shape as quickly as possible?
He can only use his space magic once every 11 years
Mickey used it first

I made that up

Malyse

- Sora, Donald, and Goofy are looking for the key of awakening, and Riku and Mickey are looking for a way into the dark realm

Have I missed anything?

IIRC, Sora is actually going to Hercules to complete his MoM test. When he passed he gets new clothes.

Psxphile

So what's going on with unchained chi right now? Last thing I remember is
Ventus and some Ienzo looking guy
being revealed months ago. Any specifics?
Nothing interesting, if I recall. That part of the story mode has been moving slowly, however Nomura let slip in that IGN interview that a 5th Union leader will be introduced in August (in JP).

Those symbols don't look the same tho
Yeah I'm not really convinced they're Unversed, although I do expect them to show up in the game. The symbols really don't match at all, and their design existed long before Unversed was a thing:

tumblr_inline_ot79a8Kfwl1qfmha4_540.png

Famassu

Sora needed to sleep to unjumble & rearrange his memories.

aravuus

Fuck, just started BBS HD for the first time (I think) and I feel like the command deck is finally starting to click. I didn't like it when I played BBS originally and I didn't like it when I played DDD, but it's possible that was because I was playing on PSP/3DS. And fuck the latter in particular.

KH3 doesn't have anything like a command deck, right? Hope I won't get too attached to it over the course of this and the future DDD playthrough I gotta do before KH3 is out.

Famassu

Fuck, just started BBS HD for the first time (I think) and I feel like the command deck is finally starting to click. I didn't like it when I played BBS originally and I didn't like it when I played DDD, but it's possible that was because I was playing on PSP/3DS. And fuck the latter in particular.

KH3 doesn't have anything like a command deck, right? Hope I won't get too attached to it over the course of this and the future DDD playthrough I gotta do before KH3 is out.
No command deck. More like KHII + BBS's command styles on meth & expanded in many ways.

aravuus

No command deck. More like KHII + BBS's command styles on meth & expanded in many ways.

Ah yeah, gotcha. It does sound (and look) amazing still, no doubt I'll love it too.

While the command deck is cool, what I'm really actually enjoying about BBS right now is Terra's slower combat style. It's much more deliberate than what you get in KH2 and I find myself playing it almost more like a Souls game than a KH. Steal some hits here and there then back off a bit by dodging. I particularly like how much dodging reminds me of BB's dodge, i-frames and all. I could never really get the hang of dodging in other KH games.

Trying to do the Mirage arena stuff at level 3 is fucking great - the big guys in particular can kill me in a matter of seconds. I'm gonna need a cure spell though, asap.

e: playing on regular though, I expect things to get too easy soon. Might restart on proud, actually.

Malyse

Lol Malyse, I think you have a better understanding of KH plot than Nomura does, so I'd be down for you as Director

100% original characters and story, so someone who has never played the games can hop in with no confusion. Brief prelude explaining how the keyblade is a symbol to fight against the darkness, and jump right in.

Malyse

isn't this basically what Back Cover is, for all its flaws

Nah. Back Cover had no resolution and still leaned heavily on the game to make sense. There are parts that you can't functionally understand/hold no significance without the game, like Ephemer's friend who doesn't talk too much.

if they *do* end up actually depicting the keyblade war, it probably makes the most sense to do so as a fully standalone film and/or as a multiplayer mode for kh3

Top Bottom