• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Quick question:

My copy of KH2.8 just arrived and I'm not sure if I should play BBS0.2 before watching Back Cover, or if I should watch Back Cover before playing BBS0.2. For context, I've gone through everything in 1.5 and 2.5 and beat the 3DS version of DDD, so I only felt like playing DDD for an hour or so.

Is there a recommended order for playing/watching BBS0.2 and Back Cover, or is either order fine?

You can do either one first, they barely connect and you'll be confused as to that connection anyway.
If you'd rather spend your first hour with the game watching Back Cover, then do that first. If you're eager to jump in and get playing then jump into 0.2.

You can do either one first, they barely connect and you'll be confused as to that connection anyway.
If you'd rather spend your first hour with the game watching Back Cover, then do that first. If you're eager to jump in and get playing then jump into 0.2.

Thanks. I think I'll just watch Back Cover first and save 0.2 for after. Even though I don't feel like replaying DDD anytime soon, the HD version seems nice from what little I've played.

Psxphile

Considering 0.2 starts with a scene that depicts something that was only explained in Back Cover it's probably best you start and finish BC first, yeah.

Psxphile

X doesn't matter since it's not canon. Maybe Skull and Emperor make some lame cameos in the future but nobody cares.

Qa7uQwR.jpg

that'd be swell

Famassu

I'm a little cautious after Nomura backtracking on D23 info and just saying expecting normal info, but I still think it could happen. I'm not budging on 2018 until after Jump Festa/TGS/PSX with no date. Plus it's still ongoing plotwise and probably will be up until 3 releases or post-KH3.
Not sure if I'd call it backtracking, just clarifying that this isn't some be all end all of KHIII trailers that reveals the release date, all the worlds, inclusion of Star Wars, Pixar AND Marvel, & every gameplay feature of the game or something, like some of the hype started to feel like (especially with some of the bad translations). I mean, the only concrete thing they said about KHIII at D23 was that there would be a trailer, that they would reveal a new world (that they are kind of hyping up to be something exciting, though it's not clear if it's Star Wars in KH levels of exciting or just Frozen in KH exciting) and that the trailer should make fans happy if they were happy with the orchestra trailer.

You think that's bad try being excited for Dreams for PS4
Haven't been following that for a year or two. I imagine people have gotten... "impatient" with it? Lol

I just played through 0.2 earlier and really enjoyed it. The final boss gave me a bit more trouble than I expected compared to the rest of the game, though.

Nomura disagrees. I'll take his word over yours

i mean, every version of X that isn't Back Cover is full of hints that it's a dream and/or a simulation. i'm sure it's canonical that someone is having this dream or that someone is running this simulation, but the canonicity of the actual events depicted is completely up in the air
It's understandable for DDD, since outside of the main cast only three VA's were original (Ursula, Hugo the Gargoyle, and Flynn/Clu if you bend the truth a bit) but I didn't mind the voice work for Alice, and the guy who played Genie did try his best.

I mean more that the main characters were riddled with bad performances - most notably, Haley Joel Osment gave his worst Sora performance ever and the dude who voiced Yen Sid was awful too.

Famassu

Bad performances are the least of their concerns IMO if they can't improve their script and dialogue from DDD (and BBS but to a lesser extenct).
0.2 & BackCover both had better-than-average KH voice acting, I thought. Both Aqua & Terra sounded better and all of the cast of BackCover did a good job, imo. And dialogue wasn't too cringeworthy either, at least not to the level of DDD that was 99,9% mega-cringe (on Sora's side at least).

just one, huh...
They need to save announcements for when they are around 3-6 months from release and reveal 99,9% of the content of the game, as per KH PR spoilage traditions.

Yoko said something about the world during the Famitsu interview as well
She just said it's exciting. It's really hard to say if it's Star Wars in KH level exciting or if it's just some "classic IP that is finally introduced to KH" exciting or if it's some "mega hit Frozen" exciting. Some comments from people in the know have been kind of "I can't believe this is a thing" levels of surprising IP being added to KH's world roster, making me think that Frozen and a classic IP sound kind of small for that kind of reaction. They've already got Tangled and Frozen is basically a continuation of that line of modern Disney Princess animations and as such kind of a safe bet or at least not too surprising if it's in. Can't really come up with any classic IPs that would really cause any huge surprise, unless it's some super obscure IP and not some Disney Classic line of animation. But I don't want to overhype myself. Star Wars & Marvel sound too big. Pixar finally getting a spot in KH could be something excitingly big & surprising which is also plausible considering they've tried to push for Pixar worlds several times in the past already, IIRC.

Malyse

i mean, every version of X that isn't Back Cover is full of hints that it's a dream and/or a simulation. i'm sure it's canonical that someone is having this dream or that someone is running this simulation, but the canonicity of the actual events depicted is completely up in the air

not hints. They explicitly say you don't visit other worlds and everything is Daybreak Town.

Malyse

New story in Big Hero 6.
New story in Toy Story.
I'll venture that the story in Olympus Coliseum is new (since we finished that world in 2).

#NoMoreRehash

ENGLISH TRAILER PITCHES.

The gameplay looks absolutely amazing. This will probably be the best ARPG ever. Looks colourful, fluid, deep enough, versatile, etc.

Nomura don't fuck it up.
And give us Kairi and Riku design's already.

Famassu

That date I'm skeptical of course like any game really but damn that trailer was hype
Yeah, they'll delay it if they feel it's necessary, but at least they are aiming for 2018, so something like March 2019 is pretty much the absolute latest that we should expect it be released even with a few month delay the kind FFXV got. Something really disastrous would have to happen for it to be delayed to late 2019 or beyond, which just seems very unlikely considering they are showing what looks like very polished, feature-rich gameplay, stellar performance and really complete looking worlds & story in them.

The gameplay looks absolutely amazing. This will probably be the best ARPG ever. Looks colourful, fluid, deep enough, versatile, etc.

Nomura don't fuck it up.
And give us Kairi and Riku design's already.
We already have them. Unless you mean in-game?

Yeah, they'll delay it if they feel it's necessary, but at least they are aiming for 2018, so something like March 2019 is pretty much the absolute latest that we should expect it be released even with a few month delay the kind FFXV got. Something really disastrous would have to happen for it to be delayed to late 2019 or beyond, which just seems very unlikely considering they are showing what looks like very polished, feature-rich gameplay, stellar performance and really complete looking worlds & story in them.

Thinking about it I changed my mind I'll be optimistic. They showed a good chunk here and I have to imagine we'll see even more sometime at the end of the year I'll believe

Famassu

Thinking about it I changed my mind I'll be optimistic. They showed a good chunk here and I have to imagine we'll see even more sometime at the end of the year I'll believe
I'd say Jump Festa & TGS are fairly certain bets, Jump Festa especially. Gamescom I don't see happening. Paris Game Week could happen, SQEX has featured pretty prominently there in recent years. Not sure what's the deal with PSX & big AAA multiplatform games, probably not?

I'd say Jump Festa & TGS are fairly certain bets, Jump Festa especially. Gamescom I don't see happening. Paris Game Week could happen, SQEX has featured pretty prominently there in recent years. Not sure what's the deal with PSX & big AAA multiplatform games, probably not?
Big AAA multiplat games are always at psx

Personal bet would be that they will go quiet until Jump Festa and D23.

D23 is the next event I'm 100% sure they will not skip, followed by JF that has been a very regular place to show KH. I'm not feeling TGS/PGW after 2 trailers back to back.

The new designs? they've shown them?

StoneFox

Does Kairi's hood have cat ears on it? Adorbs.

I love the Toy Story world already, I hope they keep true to the movie and have a horribly-modeled Scud boss fight.

Malyse

It's funny that people think that Disney is going to allow SE to delay KH3 when they were pulling knives to get the game out the door and were so impatient with SE that they were going to make a mobile game without them for the second time. That game is absolutely coming out in 2018. No way they would let SE announce a release year at D23 if they weren't 1000% on it.

zeemumu

It's funny that people think that Disney is going to allow SE to delay KH3 when they were pulling knives to get the game out the door and were so impatient with SE that they were going to make a mobile game without them for the second time. That game is absolutely coming out in 2018. No way they would let SE announce a release year at D23 if they weren't 1000% on it.

Let us be pessimistic so we can be doubly surprised when it comes out.

At least I got my poster

zeemumu

The fact that people want to be pessimistic about a game built on Disney Magic™ is patently absurd.

It's not the Disney Magic™ part that we're pessimistic about

I'm hoping that them taking more if an interest in how this series is going will lead to mercy in-park. The 2nd wave of pops will have to tide me over.

I mean it was clear during that panel that most of us were there for KH. That's why they saved it for last. There was a woman in my row who was reduced to literal tears by the reveal. That has to give them some indicator of the series' popularity

Top Bottom