• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Mediking

I just finished 0.2. It felt like a tech demo for KH3. But I have really a problem with getting used to that new style. It feels as if KH has lost it souls, it just looks awkward in many situations.

This looks bad to you...?

Code:
[IMG]https://j.gifs.com/GZ2ZyJ.gif[/IMG]

^ AND KHGAF.... LET'S TURN THAT INTO A MEME FOR KH! Lol

Burbeting

Banned
IMG_20170211_212014.jpg

Apparently I hate myself

I really want to be able to visit Destiny Island in KH3 and just chill around there listening to that music.

TemptingFaintAmericanpainthorse.gif

BareMeatyGoitered.gif

It was cruel for the battle to take place on a part of the island that's below the rest.

I wonder when this battle took place in relation to the Ansem battle that SDG had. Before Aqua and Mickey, after, or were they up there while Aqua was battling down there?

Exentryk

Damn, flowmotion is really great! I mean the movement alone is good enough, but it makes combat so much more fun! Good to see KH3 uses this stuff in movement and combat. Should be loads of fun.

Also, any good dream eaters I can get early on to essentially break the game? Or any other game breaking setups?

It was cruel for the battle to take place on a part of the island that's below the rest.

Was it below? I didn't realise. Thought it was just another side of the island we never got to see.

lupinko

Is this game bilingual or multilingual? The Japanese FFXV has all he languages on it.

Japanese is not an issue for me, but while original KH and Squeenix characters are perfectly fine in Japanese, the Disney characters are not for me.

I've only played BBS on my PSP years back which I had imported. I want to get into KH in a big way with this and the remasters coming in March for PS4.

Is this game bilingual or multilingual? The Japanese FFXV has all he languages on it.

Japanese is not an issue for me, but while original KH and Squeenix characters are perfectly fine in Japanese, the Disney characters are not for me.

I've only played BBS on my PSP years back which I had imported. I want to get into KH in a big way with this and the remasters coming in March for PS4.

No multilang for KH. And of course japanese Donald+Goofy are the worst.

DKHF

Yeah I agree Sora's model doesn't look great in that scene (the part in the gif at least). But I think it looks good from other angles in the ending, I think mainly from the side (like this from a quick google image search):

peronmls

Yeah I agree Sora's model doesn't look great in that scene (the part in the gif at least). But I think it looks good from other angles in the ending, I think mainly from the side (like this from a quick google image search):

thaaats better. Though the colors are super saturated. Probably nit picking at this point. =P

Xadjim

Banned
Hmn..Bummer. I would really like to know
what inside that chest is. And was the master Xigbar? Or Xehanort? Probably Xehanort? So many questions

same here but all these mysteries are also what make this series special.

I somewhat think that xehanort is not the master of masters. I have faith that he is not evil at all

Wow, that Yoggy Ram strategy for Flick Rush is legit. Funnily enough, I actually have more of an appreciation for the mechanics of FR, though it's pretty much Chain of Memories lite.

Super glide is dope
Up there with KHII iteration. It covers ground fast enough that it's one of the few things not made redundant by Flowmotion.

I used the elephant Dream Eater for Flick Rush. Shitty minigame IMO but luckily there are a few specific DE that make a huge difference. Still a bunch of RNG if you want a star ranking in everything.

Shitty minigame IMO but luckily there are a few specific DE that make a huge difference. Still a bunch of RNG if you want a star ranking in everything.

I like that it's a fairly brief minigame altogether. As fun and thoughtfully designed as Command Board was in Birth by Sleep, games tend to drag on for a long ass time, and because you need to play through a good bit of the boards for 100% completion with each character, it gets real boring, real quick.

Flick Rush isn't designed nearly as well, but you could feasibly knock it all out in an hour or so.

Famassu

DDD is a lot of fun to play. The only things annoying me are the forced drops and the auto-recentering camera.
Buy a few Drop-Me-Nots, make a deck with only them in one slot, switch to that whenever you're nearing your last drop gauge (you should be able to survive any & all situations, like boss battles and special scenarios that remove the ability to go to menu and switch decks if you have 1+ gauges left), use a Drop me not or two, quickly change back to your default deck. Also, when you're picking drop bonuses, pick the one that slows down the depletion of the drop gauge. Voila, you can go through the game pretty effortlessly with as few drops as something like 7 or 8.

Also, equip Wake Up Block or whatever it's called as soon as you get it.

Julius was pretty easy, ultima weapon get.

I would go for the platinum but I really dont care about getting the commands/dream eaters/flick rushes.

Hoping SE moves the date for 1.5/2.5 up to mid feb im hungry fro 60fps KH2

Exentryk

Buy a few Drop-Me-Nots, make a deck with only them in one slot, switch to that whenever you're nearing your last drop gauge (you should be able to survive any & all situations, like boss battles and special scenarios that remove the ability to go to menu and switch decks if you have 1+ gauges left), use a Drop me not or two, quickly change back to your default deck. Also, when you're picking drop bonuses, pick the one that slows down the depletion of the drop gauge. Voila, you can go through the game pretty effortlessly with as few drops as something like 7 or 8.

Also, equip Wake Up Block or whatever it's called as soon as you get it.

Drop me nots only just started appearing in shops, and currently, money is tight. Will consider it once I have more cash. Still, I dislike it at a concept level.
I noticed one of the Dream Eaters had an ability called Drop Me Never? Does that work how I think it works?

Famassu

Drop me nots only just started appearing in shops, and currently, money is tight. Will consider it once I have more cash. Still, I dislike it at a concept level.
I noticed one of the Dream Eaters had an ability called Drop Me Never? Does that work how I think it works?
Aren't they in the shop after the first world? What are you spending your money on? Never had any problems being able to afford a few Drop-Me-Nots at a time.

Not sure what Drop Me Nevers do, never used one. :D

Jeels

Made it to the world that never was. Kind of happy to be one with the story so I can start the Platinum grindfest...

Isotropy

Just started this - for some reason I had it in my head that the mandatory drops had been removed? Was that ever a thing? Blargh...

DKHF

Just started this - for some reason I had it in my head that the mandatory drops had been removed? Was that ever a thing? Blargh...
I think there was images in Famitsu which led to people speculating it had been removed but it turned out it hadn't been.

I think there was images in Famitsu which led to people speculating it had been removed but it turned out it hadn't been.
Famitsu and the trailers. I get that devs can turn off UI elements and whatnot but for the drop gauge to be missing for quite a few months during publicity is baffling, especially when it happened so close to release and other UI elements were left in.

Top Bottom