• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

I just beat the whole package, and while I understand where a lot of the criticism comes from, I had a blast with DDD. It was the perfect escapism game for me, and the story and gameplay just fed into it.

I'm looking forward to 1.5 + 2.5 collection!

Azuran

Banned
I just beat the whole package, and while I understand where a lot of the criticism comes from, I had a blast with DDD. It was the perfect escapism game for me, and the story and gameplay just fed into it.

I'm looking forward to 1.5 + 2.5 collection!

I enjoyed DDD too but it did feel like it was simply going through the motions at time. Certainly way better than 358/2 Days so it will always have that even if it was far from the best. However, at the end of the day I'm willing to look past some of the issues, at least on my first play through, because I'm highly invested into the story of this series.

Plus any game that has playable Riku gets 3 extra points no matter what.

HeelPower

GWHaRnE.gif

Is it just me or Aqua>Sora ?

At least she seems someone with internal struggles ,and who actually acts like an adult.

Not sure I wanna go back to Sora's happy go lucky shonen sillyness after this.

DNAbro

At least she seems someone with internal struggles ,and who actually acts like an adult.

well maybe because she is someone with internal struggles and is an adult. But yeah she is the best KH character.

Sora is fun too though.

JayEH

So why did he "disappear" where did he go,what's in the box, who is emphumer(did I spell that right) why did he get focus compared to the other no names who's his friend from another Union
If the answers are in that mobile game carry on. Leave me a smiley face Nd drop it lol

I haven't played the mobile game very much but I assume this is just all more buildup to KH3. It's probably going to end up with some more BS like
he's Xehanort too

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
KH3 is probably gonna have more (unresolved) holes than swiss cheese.

Sami+

I feel like Sora got a lot dumber after KH2. I can't nail my finger on it but something about his portrayal feels different, and not in a good way.

Azuran

Banned

I'll agree with Aqua > Sora.

However, it doesn't matter much when Riku > Aqua > Sora is the real truth.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I will riot if Riku is not playable in KH3. Anyone saying Sora should be the only playable character because "console tradition" is someone I will never take seriously as a KH fan. You can't build up my boy Riku and then do him dirty like that in the final game of the saga.

That's asking for too much from Nomura.
Eh I give that man shit(rightfully so) but the only thing I can see carrying over are the mobile stuff still being a wtf is going on. 13v7 will be resolved, aqua,Ven and Terra will be saved, Xehanort taken down mmm what else am I missing

I sense no lies here but I'll raise you

Ven>Riku>Aqua>sora

Mediking

Aqua has barely any personality and sometimes is just a string of emotions and inner dialogue.

Azuran

Banned
Eh I give that man shit(rightfully so) but the only thing I can see carrying over are the mobile stuff still being a wtf is going on. 13v7 will be resolved, aqua,Ven and Terra will be saved, Xehanort taken down mmm what else am I missing

I sense no lies here but I'll raise you

Ven>Riku>Aqua>sora

Ven doesn't get a much love as he should because Aqua steals all of the spotlight, but he was just as good as her, sometimes even better. His speech before his final battle with Vanitas is top tier stuff.

I remember reading a very long time ago that the "old masters" would factor into KH3, which I am assuming are the characters from Chi. Likewise, I simply cannot see Nomura not bringing them into the narrative, especially after setting up some key plot points in Back Cover.

botty

Banned

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I will riot if Riku is not playable in KH3. Anyone saying Sora should be the only playable character because "console tradition" is someone I will never take seriously as a KH fan. You can't build up my boy Riku and then do him dirty like that in the final game of the saga.

Riki is playable in KH2. There is no tradition. :)

McGwigan

Banned
The last 2 bosses on Proud difficulty on fragment 0.2 broke me. I haven't raged that hard in years. Then I find out Proud isn't even the hardest difficulty and I can't get the platinum unless I do it on critical

I got the platinum in Bloodborne but I don't think I can do this

TheCed

The last 2 bosses on Proud difficulty on fragment 0.2 broke me. I haven't raged that hard in years. Then I find out Proud isn't even the hardest difficulty and I can't get the platinum unless I do it on critical

There is no Platinum for 0.2, you know ?

The last boss requires patience. There's a time to attack, and a time to wait

Exentryk

Is Aqua>Sora ?

Yes, definitely. Considering KH story is an absolute mess, 0.2 was decently written and directed. You could feel Aqua's emotion, her struggle, throughout the journey.

Sora on the other hand is... well... an idiot. But I guess that is his charm. If someone is going to run around with Donald and Goofy, you want someone silly I guess.
Just turn off your brain and enjoy the Disney worlds along with the combat!

It always gets me when I try to run away by homing missile slamming me or pooping out heartless baby Army that stun locks me to death

Then there's the hurricane at the end that's almost impossible to dodge

Anticipate those attacks. The boss turns red which is a signal that he will start attacking. Learn the patterns and you'll be able to get through. Here is the fight on critical:

Have you fought the optional boss yet? :p

Berordn

That should be a given. Idk if it'll be full 3 campaigns but yes at the very least those 3 need to be playable.

2.9 seems to be setting up three distinct scenarios. Riku and Mickey in the dark world, Kairi and Lea in how to train your keyblade, and Sora, Donald and Goofy in basically the same thing as always.

It's possible they'll just take place in the background but I wouldn't be surprised if the structure ends up being BBS-like.

McGwigan

Banned
Yes, definitely. Considering KH story is an absolute mess, 0.2 was decently written and directed. You could feel Aqua's emotion, her struggle, throughout the journey.

Sora on the other hand is... well... an idiot. But I guess that is his charm. If someone is going to run around with Donald and Goofy, you want someone silly I guess.
Just turn off your brain and enjoy the Disney worlds along with the combat!

Anticipate those attacks. The boss turns red which is a signal that he will start attacking. Learn the patterns and you'll be able to get through. Here is the fight on critical:

Have you fought the optional boss yet? :p

Sora reminds me a lot of Slow Joey from Comedy Bang Bang

There's an optional boss?!? I didn't know. Why do they hide bosses!

Oh my..,, so it's hard work and no plat...

It always gets me when I try to run away by homing missile slamming me or pooping out heartless baby Army that stun locks me to death

Then there's the hurricane at the end that's almost impossible to dodge

For the homing missile slam, use your ears. It's hard to keep the boss in view, but it makes a sound that should have you hitting the dodge button :)

Exentryk

There's an optional boss?!? I didn't know. Why do they hide bosses!

Yeah, after you've cleared the game,
load the save again and there will 12 new treasure chests with Zodiac pieces. Find them all and then go to the mirror world to fight the boss.

I'd love for you to post your thoughts after fighting the boss the first few times :p

Yeah, after you've cleared the game, load the save again and there will 12 new treasure chests with Zodiac pieces. Find them all and then go to the mirror world to fight the boss.

I'd love for you to post your thoughts after fighting the boss the first few times :p

I'm not sure if there's more to the boss when you first encounter it, but it's fecking annoying :/ I get killed by it's minions

McGwigan

Banned
Yeah, after you've cleared the game, load the save again and there will 12 new treasure chests with Zodiac pieces. Find them all and then go to the mirror world to fight the boss.

Haha, it would take me a long time to find the chests especially if they are spread through every world. I don't use guides -_-; I didn't find all the chests for the objective on my Proud playthrough either. Buhhhh..you would think it would be easy. But those levels are large and detailed and the first world is very vertical in some spots

Haha, it would take me a long time to find the chests especially if they are spread through every world. I don't use guides -_-; I didn't find all the chests for the objective on my Proud playthrough either. Buhhhh..you would think it would be easy. But those levels are large and detailed and the first world is very vertical in some spots

You can't find all of the chests on your first play through because the zodiac chests aren't available, so you're fine

Exentryk

Right! The
Darkside with all of the Neoshadows
in the Zodiac portal?

EDIT: Yup, to above. Having troubles with that one :<

Okay. Yeah, that dark orb rain can be annoying too there. I honestly had more trouble in the 2nd room with those fire/earth/water core enemies. It's a mess on Critical.

Right! The
Darkside with all of the Neoshadows
in the Zodiac portal?

EDIT: Yup, to above. Having troubles with that one :<

I immediately used shotlock at the start of the fight to pick off 2 of the flying heartless. If you ignore the other 2 flying heartless, then the neoshadows will not spawn. You can always kill 3/4 but it's risky since you might accidentally kill the last one. Those heartless do not attack often nor do they have hard to dodge moves so you can mostly ignore them for the whole fight.

I immediately used shotlock at the start of the fight to pick off 2 of the flying heartless. If you ignore the other 2 flying heartless, then the neoshadows will not spawn. You can always kill 3/4 but it's risky since you might accidentally kill the last one. Those heartless do not attack often or have hard to dodge moves so you can mostly ignore them for the whole fight.

Oohh interesting! I'll have to try that, thanks :)

Right now I'm grinding out level 80. I was sub-60, and not landing a lot of damage against the Darkside

Azuran

Banned
it's not great but it's kind of charming I think.

I never found much issue with Aqua's actual voice. The problem is that is pretty low-key compared to other BBS characters such as Xehanort and Ventus, which makes her sound more boring and mediocre than it should. Even Terra, who arguably had the worst voice direction in that game, showed more life in the final part of his story.

I still need to play 0.2 so maybe it's actually bad bad, but I'm willing to give Willa Holland the benefit of the doubt right now until I finally get around to playing it this weekend.

raven777

Thank god I was playing Japanese version so I liked Aqua's va.
I usually don't mind English voice works for Kingdom Hearts but I just can't stand Aqua....
Wish Kingdom Hearts would get dual audio as well since many games are getting it these days.

Azuran

Banned
Thank god I was playing Japanese version so I liked Aqua's va.
I usually don't mind English voice works for Kingdom Hearts but I just can't stand Aqua....
Wish Kingdom Hearts would get dual audio as well since many games are getting it these days.

I think they want you to play in English no matter what. Hiring people like Leonard Nimoy and Mark Hamill can't be cheap you know?

I'm also guessing Disney doesn't want people hearing their characters in a foreign language in their native country.

Jeels

The balloons and cures only deck got me through all the bosses in TWTNW. Should I use this deck for Julius as well?

Azuran

Banned
The balloons and cures only deck got me through all the bosses in TWTNW. Should I use this deck for Julius as well?

Yeah, Balloon is pretty OP so it also works against Julius. Most of the battle consists of spamming it and running away when he starts spamming attacks.

Top Bottom