• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The only cutscene EVER from KH III we got since 2013 (LMAO) is related to the mobile game =/

that cutscene is going to be explained in KH3 anyways though, so it matters not

that's like saying coded is important because the ending has the message of the journal in it

Famassu

The only cutscene EVER from KH III we got since 2013 (LMAO) is related to the mobile game =/
Related to but it's perfectly possible that it's explained/expanded upon enough in III itself that a complete playthrough of KHUX won't be mandatory. The first season of KHUX is certainly very light on story so even if it ends up being important, you can just read up on the relevant facts in some story summary in 2 minutes.

raven777

dress up your Aqua :p
AncientWelltodoCaracal.gif

Famassu

The voice actors for Naminé and Terra got on stage during the first KH concert to play a scene in which the two characters meet. In that scene, Naminé asks Terra to guide Aqua while she's in the realm of darkness.

This scene which only ~200 people got to see is the official prologue to 0.2.
So if it's the prologue of 0.2, what's the problem? He made it seem like that was the one & only time anyone could ever hear it, but if it's now a part of 0.2, problem solved?

So if it's the prologue of 0.2, what's the problem? He made it seem like that was the one & only time anyone could ever hear it, but if it's now a part of 0.2, problem solved?
It's not included in 0.2 at all.
The concert WAS the only time anyone will ever hear that conversation.

Inuhanyou

I'm so happy that the flat fish faces are gone.

Well that was just a limitation of PS2 and the handhelds of the time. Never was going to be a problem these days. SE eliminated that issue with FF13

That's not very important considering Terra would have done so anyway.

Infact, that's not important at all in the grand scheme of things

Strings

Finished 0.2 on Standard in 3h10m. Absolute blast to play - controls are super tight, and the unlocked framerate on the Pro is pretty sweet. Standard difficulty also more challenging/satisfying than doing all optional superbosses in FFXV at level ~50.

Famassu

Well, if it's just Namine asking Terra to guide Aqua, that's really not some huge revelation and integral to understanding all of Kingdom Hearts, so it's still a non-issue in the larger scheme of things.

AwShucks

Finished 0.2 on Standard in 3h10m. Absolute blast to play - controls are super tight, and the unlocked framerate on the Pro is pretty sweet. Standard difficulty also more challenging/satisfying than doing all optional superbosses in FFXV at level ~50.

That sounds like a decent time. I'll probably pick it up knowing there is at least a few hours of non DDD stuff.

Slater

Banned
Well, if it's just Namine asking Terra to guide Aqua, that's really not some huge revelation and integral to understanding all of Kingdom Hearts, so it's still a non-issue in the larger scheme of things.
It's not a non issue because it shows the type of mindset he has. People rightly ripped in XV for having important plot in other media and the same thing is happening here. Because chi IS going to be super important to 3, vital even. Back Cover makes it obvious and is shamless enough to end on a blatant "BY THE MOBILE GAME To GET THE STORY"

People who think it won't be relevant are super delusional.

Fauve

Did they change the Dream Eater training system in any way? Playing with them got annoying the longer I played on the 3DS.

Damn, the secret boss battle really gives me hope for Osaka Team and KH3. Seems to take a lot of design pointers from KH2FM re:stagger and revenge value, plus it seems pretty damn challenging(Bizkit047 praised it and said it was pretty close to Lingering Will in difficulty for him). Considering Aqua still carries over a number of abilities and mechanics from BBS, that they managed to make it engaging in that way is really encouraging, since Sora will definitely have a much larger moveset.

On top of that, the visuals are straight up stunning, if not for the fidelity of the character models, for the environments and magic. It feels like a while since we've had a game with production values like this that tries to go all out with this very vibrant, cartoony artstyle. My disappointment in BBS after KH2FM had me sleepin on KH3 since it was announced, but Nomura and Yasue have the potential to really hit one out of the park this time around. They seem to have some idea of what they got right before, and they seem to be refining that while bringing in new mechanics or ideas to try and add more nuance.

YASSSSSS.

Famassu

It's not a non issue because it shows the type of mindset he has. People rightly ripped in XV for having important plot in other media and the same thing is happening here. Because chi IS going to be super important to 3, vital even. Back Cover makes it obvious and is shamless enough to end on a blatant "BY THE MOBILE GAME To GET THE STORY"

Oooor it was just a nice treat for a few fans who could be there that in no way diminishes the ability of others to understand the overall storyline of the KH franchise.

And, again, KHUX at least so far has so little story that if Season 2 continues with as sparse storytelling as Season 1, there's nothing in the story that anyone not willing to play KHUX itself can't figure out through a 5 minute story summary video/text or something that can't be thorouhgly expanded upon in Kingdom Hearts III.

Inuhanyou

It seems like your unreasonably pushing a false narrative.

None of what you described was important to the story.

Eblo

61HxGO411EL._AC_SX215_.jpg
81vdBljehKL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Part of me likes that the LE gets different cover art, but the other part likes the vanilla cover art more. Oh well.

I preordered the LE from Amazon, and the delivery info said "Arriving Thursday," even though I have Prime with the release day delivery stuff. The listing itself says the release date is January 24, 2017. Those who preordered the standard edition seem to have gotten a Tuesday date just fine. I think the "release date delivery" switch just wasn't flipped for the LE. I was able to get my delivery date changed to tomorrow by contacting Amazon CS, so if you're in the same boat as me you may want to give that a shot. YMMV of course.

Slater

Banned
It seems like your unreasonably pushing a false narrative just because your salty people got pissed at FF15's end result.

None of what you described was important.
?? "RIGHTLY ripped XV" RIGHTLY, can you read? I agree with all the complaints about how XV and its plot/media was handled.

And I'm not pushing any narrative I have the fucking game, Back Cover is going to be super relevant and it doesn't even have the decency to rap up its own story, it ends as a commercial to go buy uncovered if you want context.

Chi is going to be important to and you or anyone else saying you doubt it are wrong because again, this collection could not be more blatant in telegraphing that.

RPGCrazied

61HxGO411EL._AC_SX215_.jpg
81vdBljehKL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Part of me likes that the LE gets different cover art, but the other part likes the vanilla cover art more. Oh well.

I preordered the LE from Amazon, and the delivery info said "Arriving Thursday," even though I have Prime with the release day delivery stuff. The listing itself says the release date is January 24, 2017. Those who preordered the standard edition seem to have gotten a Tuesday date just fine. I think the "release date delivery" switch just wasn't flipped for the LE. I was able to get my delivery date changed to tomorrow by contacting Amazon CS, so if you're in the same boat as me you may want to give that a shot. YMMV of course.

I think the LE has an outer box along with the main game inside with the real art. I hope so, the LE front cover is pretty bland.

I was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7A0yR97DrY

DNAbro

Damn, the secret boss battle really gives me hope for Osaka Team and KH3. Seems to take a lot of design pointers from KH2FM re:stagger and revenge value, plus it seems pretty damn challenging(Bizkit047 praised it and said it was pretty close to Lingering Will in difficulty for him). Considering Aqua still carries over a number of abilities and mechanics from BBS, that they managed to make it engaging in that way is really encouraging, since Sora will definitely have a much larger moveset.

On top of that, the visuals are straight up stunning, if not for the fidelity of the character models, for the environments and magic. It feels like a while since we've had a game with production values like this that tries to go all out with this very vibrant, cartoony artstyle. My disappointment in BBS after KH2FM had me sleepin on KH3 since it was announced, but Nomura and Yasue have the potential to really hit one out of the park this time around. They seem to have some idea of what they got right before, and they seem to be refining that while bringing in new mechanics or ideas to try and add more nuance.

YASSSSSS.

Yo this has me hyped. I was worried there would be no secret boss.

Inuhanyou

?? "RIGHTLY ripped XV" RIGHTLY, can you read? I agree with all the complaints about how XV and its plot/media was handled.

And I'm not pushing any narrative I have the fucking game, Back Cover is going to be super relevant and it doesn't even have the decency to rap up its own story, it ends as a commercial to go buy uncovered if you want context.

Chi is going to be important to and you or anyone else saying you doubt it are wrong because again, this collection could not be more blatant in telegraphing that.

That's why i edited my post, cause i was wrong :p

But at the same time, your still mistaken. Its not going to be relevant enough that people will be confused without the end product. Ephermera and Skuld will be explained in KH3 if they show up there.

Famassu

It might be building up to something, but in the end you really don't have any idea how these plotlines will be handled in KHIII and how much story they even have for KHUX past where we are now (which isn't all that much). The thing is, these things are ancient history in the KH Universe so when/if they become relevant in KHIII, no one in those games will have a clue about the subject, so there will probably have to be scenes where someone who DOES know about the subject discusses it with Sora & the gang. I mean, we've already seen the scenes from KHIII where young Xehanort & Eraqus discuss the stuff, there will likely be more scenes devoted to talking about the subject.

Kyzer

Banned
Gonna pick this up along with...Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0, and Gravity Rush 2. Fuck.

Probably gonna wait until 2.5 ps4 so i can play bbs before doing 2.8

Rob2K19

The return of my waifu, Aqua, is upon us.

With that said...

X Back Cover is exactly 1 hour. Not 80 mins from that misinformed Amazon Germany source which has been proven wrong for weeks by Dengeki, etc.

Back Cover was made alongside X[chi] on PC Browsers, the source material for Unchained X (as of October 2016 - January 2017, Season 2 is not relevant to Back Cover so you don't need to worry about it right now). The story finished in August 2016. If you did not watch the main story of X on PC, Back Cover will not baby you because the recap is crap as expected just like the memoirs in DDD.

You can watch the main story cutscenes on YouTube:

English sub

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPCJnwphQDQcJOkD9OsmxxMHX7YHE4WP2

Only takes 45 minutes or so.

Just like I tell people to play the games in order of release, the same goes for X on PC to Back Cover. Plus, Nomura said that as well.

Lack of Re:Coded in the OP is lack of.

DKHF

Played up to after the 2nd boss of 0.2. I'm enjoying it so far, combat is good though it took me a little while to re-adjust because I haven't played KH in a while. The music, especially the previously unheard stuff (which is most of it I guess) is amazing ("music spoiler":
(especially the horror style re-arrangement of Aqua's theme)
. Frame rate has dropped a bit here and there (playing on the OG PS4) but it's fine mostly.

DNAbro

Man, my copy hasn't shipped from Amazon and I've had it pre ordered for over a year.

Mine still says shipping soon. Though I feel like this is kind of standard for Amazon. I have had a situation where it did get lost in limbo though and had to contact them.

The music, especially the previously unheard stuff (which is most of it I guess) is amazing.

Glad to hear it since I thought there potentially could be no music at all. All we have heared from demos ect is straight from BBS secret episode.

Just under 4 hours till the digital version unlocks here.

Eblo

How long is Back Cover X? Do you have to watch all of it at once, or can you "save" your place?

Edit: OP says 80 min

DKHF

Glad to hear it since I thought there potentially could be no music at all. All we have heared from demos ect is straight from BBS secret episode.

Just under 4 hours till the digital version unlocks here.
I should rephrase not to get hopes up, the new stuff so far is significantly different takes/approaches to older songs. Though different enough that it feels fresh.

ViciousDS

Banned
The return of my waifu, Aqua, is upon us.

With that said...

X Back Cover is exactly 1 hour. Not 80 mins from that misinformed Amazon Germany source which has been proven wrong for weeks by Dengeki, etc.

Back Cover was made alongside X[chi] on PC Browsers. The story finished in August 2016. If you did not watch the main story of X on PC, Back Cover will not baby you because the recap is crap as expected just like the memoirs in DDD.

You can watch the main story cutscenes on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPCJnwphQDQeHFAbMjwgbYcOmMhOLg_2e

Only takes 45 minutes or so.

Just like I tell people to play the games in order of release, the same goes for X on PC to Back Cover. Plus, Nomura said that as well.

Lack of Re:Coded in the OP is lack of.

going to quote this to come back later.....I am not playing a mobile game to understand it

Top Bottom