• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Man, can't believe this is almost out. YouTube recommendations keep trying to spoil me, but my heart is strong enough not to click.

brawly

dress up your Aqua :p
AncientWelltodoCaracal.gif

ilana-glazer-yas-queen.gif

Man, can't believe this is almost out. YouTube recommendations keep trying to spoil me, but my heart is strong enough not to click.

You think that's bad. try being subscribed to KH channels. They don't give a fuck with the spoilers and thumbnails. There really needs to be something for subscribers. There was no warning really either.

Psxphile

Slater

Banned
"Now, it should be noted that's [KHxBC] is a story about the Foretellers and the events that occurred behind the scenes, so for parts of the story which are important and connected to the main story, including the Keyblade War, I have separated the story telling of that into [KHx] and [KHUx], which can only be experienced by playing them."

But don't worry guys, the mobile games aren't important, also Back Cover tooottalllyyy isn't a blatant advertisement for them, not at all. lol

Berordn

But don't worry guys, the mobile games aren't important, also Back Cover tooottalllyyy isn't a blatant advertisement for them, not at all. lol

No one's really saying it isn't cross-promotion but it seems really strange that you've got this vendetta against them advertising a free to play game.

Slater

Banned
No one's really saying it isn't cross-promotion but it seems really strange that you've got this vendetta against them advertising a free to play game.

Not a vendetta, Back Cover doesn't rap itself up at all. It doesn't explain what they advertised it to, it ends way before that, doesn't even cover all of Unchained. People can't watch it and get everything they need for 3 because they stopped way early. Key plot is still only accessible from those mobile games and and the ending is bait to that end. It's just shitty.

"Final Chapter Prologue" But by Unchained cause we didn't bother to cover that, Season 2 will actually have answers maybe.

Berordn

Not a vendetta, Back Cover doesn't rap itself up at all. It doesn't explain what they advertised it to, it ends way before that, doesn't even cover all of Unchained. People can't watch it and get everything they need for 3 because they stopped way early. Key plot is still only accessible from those mobile games and and the ending is bait to that end. It's just shitty.

"Final Chapter Prologue" But by Unchained cause we didn't bother to cover that, Season 2 will actually have answers maybe.

But you don't actually have to buy Unchained Chi because it's free. It's also a garbage game so there's no reason to play it versus reading a synopsis and the plot is told to you by flat sprites with speech bubbles so you're not missing out on presentation.

Slater

Banned
But you don't actually have to buy Unchained Chi because it's free. It's also a garbage game so there's no reason to play it and the plot is told to you by flat sprites with speech bubbles so you're not missing out on presentation.

Which is why it's fucking stupid to put in Nomura's own words, vital plot information in it when they couldn't be bothered to put into the actual "Final Chapter Prologue"

Eblo

Full price?
FULL PRICE?!!!

A 3DS game, a demo and a Video of a mobile game for Full Price?!

Back Cover is a separate story from Unchained X. 0.2 is its own game, only a demo in the marginal sense of demonstrating what KH3 could look like. It's a demo in the same sense as MGSV Ground Zeroes. also, that sweet 60fps in kh3d hd

LycanXIII

You have been visited by the UE4 Terra.

mOL0Q09.png

If you post in this thread complaining about the numbering and naming of the Kingdom Hearts games, he will come for you in your sleep and drag you to the realm of darkness and shovelware models.
Thanks UE4 Terra

Slater

Banned
Back Cover is a separate story from Unchained X. 0.2 is its own game, only a demo in the marginal sense of demonstrating what KH3 could look like. It's a demo in the same sense as MGSV Ground Zeroes. also, that sweet 60fps in kh3d hd

2.8 has less to do then Ground Zeroes, way less 3 hours at most unless your trash.

It's awesome but nobody is wrong to say there overpricing the fuck outta this.

Especially when Back Cover isn't what they promised

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
My copy arrived this morning, sadly I haven't played KH since the first so I'm waiting for the 1.5-2.5 Final Remix before playing

Anyone have theirs shipped from Best Buy yet? Usually Best Buy is really good about release date shipping, but I haven't seen any movement on this one yet. It's not even moved to the preparing stage or charged my card.

Edit: And as I just post this, it literally just got charged. I even checked right before posting.

Jeels

Ya I don't get how 1.5+2.5 is going to cost less than this does. The value proposition just isn't here for a full priced release.

Vashetti

Banned
Less than two hours to midnight and it's still missing from the UK PS Store 😂

Ask PS UK Twitter just say they are investigating lol

Alucrid

Banned
Anyone have theirs shipped from Best Buy yet? Usually Best Buy is really good about release date shipping, but I haven't seen any movement on this one yet. It's not even moved to the preparing stage or charged my card.

Edit: And as I just post this, it literally just got charged. I even checked right before posting.

best buy got it to me today.

also, coming off of gravity rush 2, aqua feels a bit stiff

Psxphile

Still waiting for mine to leave processing. Really wanted to play it today as I see others already receiving their shipments, will be lucky to have it by Wednesday. :(

Still says on the order details screen, "Get it by Monday, January 23rd" lol

EDIT: AND THEN IT JUMPS TO 'PREPARING', oh my goood

Ya I don't get how 1.5+2.5 is going to cost less than this does. The value proposition just isn't here for a full priced release.

Cause they sold you those games two times already, three if you count Final Mix releases lol.

I fuckin laughed so hard at the very first cutscene of 0.2 considering one topic talk in this thread.

Best Buy's warehouse is so close for games that unfortunately I never get an early shipment when it comes to games. Movies sometimes, but never games. They always ship it the day before release before knowing it'll arrive the next day. Lucky you =)

Waterdrop

Well I can give an extremely Quick review.

The game is a massive disappointment. But let me be clear, it's not the actual aqua game itself, the graphics are amazing, the game-play is fun and smooth, but the length is pathetic, I finished it in about 3 hours.

DDP took me about 12 hours, and it was not nearly as polished as the Aqua story-line, and overall just seemed more like a waste of time

It';s just so frustrating they could do this to one of my favorite franchises, uninteresting characters, designs, and art work, pretty annoying.

Also, I am lieing, picking this up day 1.

RexNovis

Banned
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! So excited to be playing a new KH game on console again! It's been so long! Ahhhhhh! Can't wait for 3!

Vashetti

Banned
Aaaaaaand Ask PS UK's Twitter is closed for the night, and it's still missing from the store

So, I guess that's not happening. How did they fuck this up so badly?

jackdoe

Wow, Back Cover was actually very good. I'll admit, I wasn't expecting much, but it kept my attention and it was funny to boot.

Does 3D have enough content to help digest the price? More so if I've never played 3D?

It's a little shorter than the other ''full fledged'' KH games but it's not a short game, 20+ hours or so. That combined with 0.2 I think there is enough gameplay there to keep you busy for a while. The other question is if DDD is worth the full price. If you are a KH fan, then I would probably say yes even if I'm not the biggest fan of that game.

I just finished Back Cover (even doe I was supposed to do it after 0.2 lol). It was... ok I guess. Few interesting things, looks neat. Still not ''paced'' as a proper movie doe (nor does it feel like a coherent narrative or standalone in any way). Not as dissapointed as some seem to be but I don't really know what they were expecting.

It's a little shorter than the other ''full fledged'' KH games but it's not a short game, 20+ hours or so. That combined with 0.2 I think there is enough gameplay there to keep you busy for a while. The other question is if DDD is worth the full price. If you are a KH fan, then I would probably say yes even if I'm not the biggest fan of that game.

Yeah, I agree with this post.

The big draw to Dream Drop Distance is probably the Disney Worlds being 90% all new (Riku's part of one world reaaaaaally stretches the definition of new, but that's about it)

Even the returning worlds like Traverse Town are overhauled to the point of feeling all new.

Top Bottom