• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 4 (I.5+II.5) Remix announced for PS4 IN 60FPS, March 28th, 2017

For the love of god, please Square Enix, make the trophy lists shared with the PS3 ones (so I can pick up where I left off) and make the difficulty trophies stackable (because requiring three playthroughs of a RPG is idiotic).

The fact they put this so close to 2.8 makes me think the opposite. If KH3 wasn't next year why wouldn't they put 6 months in between the HD collections?

Keep in mind 2.8 was suppose to release this year but they pushed it back to 2017. These collections were always meant to come out early 2017 it's just FFXV ruined the release schedule. But all is well FFXV is nearing its arrival

Surprised to hear so many people skipped the PS3 versions waiting for a PS4 version. I'll happily be buying it again at that price, making it the 4th time I've purchased KH2.

gdt

Finally! I have 1.5 on PS3 but I never played it. Will play the hell out of this to get ready. Hopefully it hits PC too.....?

peronmls

Fun Fact. This is the first year we didn't have a KH game release.

Nomura said that he wanted to release a game every year which happened up to this point. Sucks the tradition was ruined by FF15 date. Not that I'm mad.

HOLLLLYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUCK.

KH2FM is seriously one of my favorite games.

Playing on crit mode, it has one of the most nuanced, skill based, and well thought out battle systems I have ever experienced in any ARPG.

Plus, the animations and music are both excellent.

NATIVE 60 FPS KH2FM.

GOD IS REAL.

Kremzeek

Ok I guess I'll double dip & finally play thru the remastered BBS.

I only played the first 10 hours or so before, but I remember loving the combat & upgrade system- way more so than either KH1 or 2.

.....and because Aqua.

JDH

Not shitting you, I was looking to round out my PS3 collection this morning and realized I haven't played Kingdom Hearts and thought to myself, "I should buy the Kingdom Hearts Remix games"

Whew, glad I didn't pull the trigger, because this news on PS4 would make it so much nicer to play!

timmyp53

For the love of god, please Square Enix, make the trophy lists shared with the PS3 ones (so I can pick up where I left off) and make the difficulty trophies stackable (because requiring three playthroughs of a RPG is idiotic).

Or just beat it on PS3, save money, and that way the ocd trophy hunter in you wont commit seppuku.

Velikost

I KNEW I shouldn't have bought 2.5 on PS3, shiiiiieeeeetttt.

Well, at least they're coming with 60fps this time. Damn you Square

entremet

Why do people still believe Nomura again? He's a creative, not an executive. Why do people take his stuff at face value?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Cool to see these in 60fps. Is this confirmed to be 1080p?

Lol.

1.5 was 800p at 2xMSAA, and 2.5 was native 1080p already on PS4, i think its safe to say they are 1080p on PS4. I'd also be surprised if the Pro iteration was not native 4K as well

Lmao. I should have just searched for Kingdom Hearts in the title, no way in hell was the search function going to find this thread title.

Excited. Never got a chance to play them so this should be good.

Kinsei

Banned
So wait, none of the remixes were 60fps?

Anyways, can't wait to play on the PRO. I need that super sampling goodness.

Outside of a few mini games in chain of memories they were not.

It was kinda jarring going from 60FPS playing those mini games back to 30FPS when you returned to the main game.

Never played any of these games before, but have been looking into starting the series for a little while now. Guess this is as perfect of a opportunity as it gets!

Inuhanyou

Maybe they'll run at a super smoove 45fps in Pro mode.

0.2 was already unlocked FPS and hitting 40+fps at the e3 demo kiosks

They may lock it to 30 in final product though

Never played KH before. Looking at the games on Wikipedia does my head in. So many titles with confusing names haha.

Don't worry, the remixes have everything laid out for you. Just play the games in order of left to right

January: KH 2.8, RE7, Gravity Rush 2
February: NieR Automata Nioh, Persona 5
March: KH 4, Zelda+Switch

japan-flag-waving-animated-gif-10.gif

Added NieR there for you.

Inuhanyou

tumblr_mjy3prf0m81rnpiioo1_r1_500.gif

The feels in 1080p 60fps ;_;

The game itself was mind numbing for a DS title, but the story was just masterful in that convoluted as fuck KH way i love, unlike DDD, it didn't go off the deep end of fuck.

wanders

HOLLLLYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUCK.

KH2FM is seriously one of my favorite games.

Playing on crit mode, it has one of the most nuanced, skill based, and well thought out battle systems I have ever experienced in any ARPG.

Plus, the animations and music are both excellent.

NATIVE 60 FPS KH2FM.

GOD IS REAL.

Really? I remember KH2 being brainless press triangle to win. Did the FM version fix that?

Inuhanyou

Really? I remember KH2 being brainless press triangle to win. Did the FM version fix that?

They adjusted the difficulty in KH2FM, rebalanced things, added a lot of stuff and on top of that, added in crit mode. So yeah. For most people it was a good fix.

Keep in mind 2.8 was suppose to release this year but they pushed it back to 2017. These collections were always meant to come out early 2017 it's just FFXV ruined the release schedule. But all is well FFXV is nearing its arrival

Yeah but you think they'd then also push this back to later in the year.... unless that would put it too close to KH3.

Kumo

Yessssss, glad I held out on getting the PS3 remasters.

I still need to finish Re:Coded some day. The DS games are such a slog to go through.

Top Bottom