• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 4 (I.5+II.5) Remix announced for PS4 IN 60FPS, March 28th, 2017

SubbieD

So essentially if I buy this one and 2.8 HD I have all the parts to the puzzle?

I've played 1 and 2 but obviously couldn't do the others in between because of multi-plat madness.

So essentially if I buy this one and 2.8 HD I have all the parts to the puzzle?

I've played 1 and 2 but obviously couldn't do the others in between because of multi-plat madness.

Yeah, once this collection comes out the entire KH story will be on PS4. At that point the true wait for KH3 begins.

SubbieD

Yes.

Except for KH3 of course.

KZXcellent said:
Yeah, once this collection comes out the entire KH story will be on PS4. At that point the true wait for KH3 begins.

Thanks guys. Maybe the wait will be long enough for me to digest the entire plot.

I've tried several videos and articles, and it never fully clicks.

But y'know, we work dull drab jobs so we can buy stuff like this and ruminate :D

Azuran

Banned
Kh1>kh2>khBBS>DVD is the minimalist/idea way to play.

Chain of memories isn't worth playing IMO. It's better just to watch the cinematic online, and 2 did a very good job explaining everything.

Chain of Memories is worth playing because it's a unique game in the series. Telling someone to avoid a game just because someone didn't like it is stupid. I would have been pissed if someone told me to skip CoM and have listened to them because I actually love that game.

Also KH2 does a very poor job explaining the events of that game. Especially Riku's story considering it never bother to explain how Riku manage to escape the Realm of Darkness and also learn to accept those powers.

Mikey Jr.

Guys.

DO NOT PLAY 358 BEFORE 2.

Every single bit of mystery gets sucked out of Kingdom hearts 2. Play in order of release date.

Azuran

Banned
Ding-ding-ding. You don't get to be the best by lifting levels from another game. Also don't know how the plot is better really, as it's essentially a retread of 1 for the majority.

It's far from the same. The plot is completely new right from the get go except for the same locales you visit. The original KH didn't have people backstabbing each other like crazy and Sora slowly turning into an asshole.

Guys.

Every single bit of mystery gets sucked out of Kingdom hearts 2. Play in order of release date.

Seriously, the people that recommend playing 358/2 Days before KH2 are crazy. Why in the world would someone want to spoil the bigger game just do they have a better idea of what's happening in the 4-hour prologue?

Also, the movie in the 1.5 collection is terrible for completely skipping one of the best part of the game.

The Lamp

Ass combat system and the world explorations is even worse. The game fails miserably.

It's the only one that I will always advice people to avoid playing at all cost.

Garbage advice. The combat system has real strategy involved unlike "press triangle to win" and that can be fun for some people.

The retreaded worlds suck but you're playing through memories. It was intended to explain some things to set up for KH2. And the worlds play completely differently than in KH1.

It's worth trying.

Guys.

I forget, what does Days spoil now?
I remember it just casually drops what
Kingdom Hearts actually is
in casual conversation, and it obviously spoils a load about the Organization, but is there anything else major?

Personally I'd recommend people actually play Days, because the cutscene movie skips a lot of stuff, and while not all of it was important, it definitely helped enforce the friendship between the three of them. It's kinda like the difference between being to know Yu's friends by playing Persona 4 compared to watching the anime of it. You get the key details, but you lose the connection.

I forget, what does Days spoil now?
I remember it just casually drops what
Kingdom Hearts actually is
in casual conversation, and it obviously spoils a load about the Organization, but is there anything else major?

From what I remember:

-Roxas being Sora's Nobody
-The Organization's plan
-I think it shows a bit of Axel and Saix's relationship
-Riku taking the form of Ansem
-The reason Roxas can dual wield keyblades
-The concept of the digital Twilight Town

I haven't seen the 1.5 movie, so it may not have covered everything that the game did.

silva1991

If I can transfer my PS3 saves then maybe I will platinum the GOAT KH2 someday...

Some trophies are just annoying to get.

Garbage advice. The combat system has real strategy involved unlike "press triangle to win" and that can be fun for some people.

The retreaded worlds suck but you're playing through memories. It was intended to explain some things to set up for KH2. And the worlds play completely differently than in KH1.

It's worth trying.

An action game where I need to set a combos before the battles. that's exactly what people hated in FFXV Duscae(thank God they fixed that since plainum demo) demo too. A shitty system that doesn't belong to any action game what so ever and that's just the gameplay part let alone the recycled content and bad/boring exploration and level design.

It deserved the bad scores it got imo.

From what I remember:

-Roxas being Sora's Nobody
-The Organization's plan
-I think it shows a bit of Axel and Saix's relationship
-Riku taking the form of Ansem
-The reason Roxas can dual wield keyblades
-The concept of the digital Twilight Town

I haven't seen the 1.5 movie, so it may not have covered everything that the game did.

Right, thanks.

I think the big part it skipped was the
Ven and Xigbar "You look like I just drowned your goldfish" bit.
I've not seen the movie since it released, but I'm sure that wasn't in it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ding-ding-ding. You don't get to be the best by lifting levels from another game. Also don't know how the plot is better really, as it's essentially a retread of 1 for the majority.

You mean like KH2 reusing levels? And the plot is definitely not the same,for most of the game.at all, only the worlds you visit.

The disney worlds on Sora's side could arguably be cut out, but everything else is very important, and Riku's side in general is also important

Azuran

Banned
Which part? I never got around to watching it.

The entire sequence of Roxas escaping The World That Never Was and his fight with Saix.

Completely ruined the movie for me considering the entire game was building up to that moment.

Right, thanks.

I think the big part it skipped was the
Ven and Xigbar "You look like I just drowned your goldfish" bit.
I've not seen the movie since it released, but I'm sure that wasn't in it.

That was in it.

Adaren

GAF told me that KH 1.5 and 2.5 were coming to the PS4, and that actually played a non-trivial role in my decision to buy the console.

Glad you didn't let me down, GAF!

Man, between 2.8, 1.5+2.5, and FF12 HD, Square-Enix sure is rereleasing a lot in 2017. I wonder if DXHR (would buy) and an FF13 Trilogy (wouldn't buy) are also in the cards for next year.

You mean like KH2 reusing levels? And the plot is definitely not the same,for most of the game.at all, only the worlds you visit.

The disney worlds on Sora's side could arguably be cut out, but everything else is very important, and Riku's side in general is also important

Nah, never played it to completion and I'm good.

Azuran

Banned
Nah, never played it to completion and I'm good.

I mean good for you, but no one can honestly deny the Riku story in CoM is important when it comes to his character. Without it, his character development and actions in KH2 and 358/2 Days make no sense considering those games don't even bother to explain how he got there.

I know they prolly will be direct ports but I would kill for them to add a fourth spell shortcut for KH1.

Also there are a few bugs and stuff. Xemnas being the worst offender, followed by the Pink Agaricus triangle shenanigans. And a few minor nitpicks like copypaste translations from the original KH weapon descriptions that were outdated in FM (Dream Shield being one IIRC).

I know they prolly will be direct ports but I would kill for them to add a fourth spell shortcut for KH1.

Also there are a few bugs and stuff. Xemnas being the worst offender, followed by the Pink Agaricus triangle shenanigans. And a few minor nitpicks like copypaste translations from the original KH weapon descriptions that were outdated in FM (Dream Shield being one IIRC).

what was Xemnas problem again? was it triangle stuff cause i forget

kuYuri

Glad I waited on buying this on PS3, the sales for it were crazy not that long ago!

Maybe in another 6-12 months or so, it will come to PC like FFX/FFX-2 HD.

The reaction command doesn't work correctly on that fight for whatever reason. To dodge the attack you need to reflect or limit break or something. Which sucks since if you are out of MP it could mean death.

oh your talking about KH2 Xemnas, i though you were taking about his KH1 fight

they also need to fix his first fight cause the game can crash on that fight

Man, between 2.8, 1.5+2.5, and FF12 HD, Square-Enix sure is rereleasing a lot in 2017. I wonder if DXHR (would buy) and an FF13 Trilogy (wouldn't buy) are also in the cards for next year.

Just wish Square actually did a HD Remaster for Dragon Quest VIII. I'm going to buy the 3DS version, but it seems like a real missed opportunity.

orochi91

I hope they announce a gorgeous Steelbook edition.

Thank god I restrained myself from buying 2.5 Remix last year; was sorely tempted.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Just wish Square actually did a HD Remaster for Dragon Quest VIII. I'm going to buy the 3DS version, but it seems like a real missed opportunity.

the 3dS game is more like a remake, cause they had to scale down everything just to make it work, it wasn't 'port' of the PS2 version, which is still far technically superior.

Davilmar

I knew that waiting out the PS3 releases of I.5 and II.5 would be worth it. Never got a chance to play the games outside of the PS2 originals, which I should likely give another spin.

vareon

Never played Kingdom Hearts and I just wanted to play 1 & 2.

But man, February/March is PACKED. Thankfully KH3 is so far away so I can play this at a leisurely pace.

_Nemo

Guys.

I would recommend that for first-timers sure, but if someone is replaying the series I would recommend playing/watching 358 first.

Honestly, we don't need Kingdom Hearts 3. I don't know why people want that so much when there's still so much story they need to tell.

We still need a prequel that details Kairi early days in Destiny Islands, an interquel that shows Terra-Xehanort living with Ansem, and a story that reveals how that Moogle joined the Organization XIII and why he decided to betray them.

I would legit buy this at a high price. Throw Stiltzkin in there too since he is at the HQ in KH2.

I mean good for you, but no one can honestly deny the Riku story in CoM is important when it comes to his character. Without it, his character development and actions in KH2 and 358/2 Days make no sense considering those games don't even bother to explain how he got there.

All about inference. I seemed to understand it as a 12 year old playing KH2 with no copy of CoM anyway.

Yes! Now I don't have to borrow a friend's PS3 to play them.

And there it is.

Kagari, do you know if that nonsense regarding KH being not available digitally has been resolved or not? Aren't all PS4 required to have a digital release? Or are they going to make an exception for the KH games?

RPGCrazied

Preordered from Amazon for $42 dollars. Wow.

Back when I bought them on PS3 for everything was about $80ish. This is an amazing deal. Specially to newcomers that haven't played them yet. The value is through the roof.

raven777

Yes! Now I don't have to borrow a friend's PS3 to play them.

Kagari, do you know if that nonsense regarding KH being not available digitally has been resolved or not? Aren't all PS4 required to have a digital release? Or are they going to make an exception for the KH games?

there was already exception with one of the puyo puyo games I think? So KH won't be the first if it happens.

Top Bottom