• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Famassu

Sure, but P5 was announced like 5 months after KH3 lol.

And was in development long before. I don't get this obsession with announcement times. How would the world be any better place if KHIII wasn't announced by now? No one at KHIII's announcement pretended that the game would be out by the end of 2013, which I understand would have been annoying. They were pretty open about the game being fairly early into development.

Vashetti

Banned
I hope when KH3 does eventually release it's polished.

I enjoyed FFXV when it came out, but I hope KH3 isn't in the same position of receiving significant changes and fixes post-release.

JayEH

Wew beat the final room in cavern of remembrance on critical on my first try. Pretty much abused Genie and limits when I could. That shit is nerve racking.

Balancing KH1 (almost have the platinum), KH2, and BBS but instead of continuing one of those I spent this morning replaying 0.2 once again. This series is just so good.

TimeSage

Wew beat the final room in cavern of remembrance on critical on my first try. Pretty much abused Genie and limits when I could. That shit is nerve racking.
Man that room was hard as hell. I took the hit-and-then-run-until-your-curaga-is-usable approach to finish it lol.

Meowster

Honestly, playing through Kingdom Hearts II on Proud gets you so prepared for a Critical run that I think it is almost easier. You get used to dodging and preparing for fights but Critical has you dealing much more damage and has so many early stat boosts. I'm NOT at Lingering Will or the Data fights yet but everything else was pretty simple.

Is BBS impossible on Critical or pretty similar to II?

sn00zer

Honestly, playing through Kingdom Hearts II on Proud gets you so prepared for a Critical run that I think it is almost easier. You get used to dodging and preparing for fights but Critical has you dealing much more damage and has so many early stat boosts. I'm NOT at Lingering Will or the Data fights yet but everything else was pretty simple.

BbS critical is notoriously crappy. Just play on Proud.

Stuart444

Man,
Jafar
is just not a fun boss in KH2, KH1 was much better with his boss fight, this one is just plain annoying. I beat him without too much trouble but it doesn't make the boss any less annoying to play/beat

Also on a side note, Fuck antiform. Shows up at the worst times

Playing CoM immediately after finishing KH1 and Sora's voice breaking is hilarious. It's been like 5 minutes! (For me)

But god, these 1080p pre-recorded (?) cutscenes after having played KH1 in 4K...Eeek.

Bebpo

Banned
I know when this came out it had a whole ton of major bugs. Did they ever fix those? I never bought 2.5 on PS3 and debating whether to buy 2.5 on PS3 or this on PS4.

NateDog

Those parts were the worst on Critical for me personally, but we're good challenges.

Now BBS is some serious fuckery on Critical. Still has the only boss battle in the series I haven't been able to beat on Critical (from the Mirage Arena) and one other one I had incredible difficulty with for a long time and could only beat by being cheap (but the fight is cheap itself so after spending so long trying to do it legit I didn't care).

gdt

I know when this came out it had a whole ton of major bugs. Did they ever fix those? I never bought 2.5 on PS3 and debating whether to buy 2.5 on PS3 or this on PS4.

I'm not sure there were a ton of bugs...wasn't it an install issue mostly?

Any who haven't ran into anything at all.

I'm not sure there were a ton of bugs...wasn't it an install issue mostly?

Any who haven't ran into anything at all.

I'm about 20 hours into KH 1.5 and I haven't run into any bugs, crashes, or issues of any kind. Not sure if the other games are supposed to be worse, and I know I'm not finished with the game or anything, but at least so far I haven't had any problems.

Vashetti

Banned
Man I still can't do the Agrabah one under 10 seconds.

At level 99 you don't even need to use a Drive Form

Takes me 7 seconds

Done all the minigames too, again a lot less painful than I remember them being.

All I have left is a few synthesis items, missions (getting certain amounts of points on the Olympus tournaments), Terra, and the Data XIII battles.

And that was a last gen game, while KH3 is a much more complex current gen game dealing with Disney too

That's no excuse for completely skipping a console generation and never making a native PS3 game. If Nomura had all his ducks in a row, the game would've been out years ago. Disney BS or not.

Out of curiosity and with my KH1 playthrough winding down, I decided to check out doing all the item synthesis.

What the fuck with these new materials from the new heartless? Goddamn sniperwild and pink agaricus, that'll take forever.

Out of curiosity and with my KH1 playthrough winding down, I decided to check out doing all the item synthesis.

What the fuck with these new materials from the new heartless? Goddamn sniperwild and pink agaricus, that'll take forever.

Pink Agaricus isn't too bad. Fuck Sniperwilds, though.

Skittles

Pink agaricus is just mash x with aeroga up and cast stop after every combo. Sniperwilds thou...

MoxManiac

An easy, but more time consuming way to deal with sniperwilds is to "snipe" them from the roof with Thundaga. It'll kill them but they won't ever see you. It's a little slow but a lot less risky.

That's no excuse for completely skipping a console generation and never making a native PS3 game. If Nomura had all his ducks in a row, the game would've been out years ago. Disney BS or not.
I don't know the decision behind moving Birth by Sleep from PS2 to PSP, but Nintendo kept asking for games and that's why Days, Re:coded, and DDD were on their platforms IIRC. If it weren't for that, maybe some of them could have ended up on PS3.

Edit: my bad, I confused BbS with Re:CoM. It was PSP from the start.

Is there a collection that includes the whole package 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8?
Not at the moment. There might be, closer to Kingdom Hearts 3's release, but right now you have to buy 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 separately.

Meowster

Having beaten the game, I really don't feel Kingdom Hearts II is as convoluted as I remember it being. But maybe that is because I've gotten used to all the other story beats and I finally made sense of what was going on with Organization XIII. So, correct me if I am wrong, Xemnas has both Terra and Master Xehanort's memories within him?

nemisis0

Started to get burnt out playing all games back to back so got to bbs and just decided to watch a video on it with coded, will play ddd and 0.2 instead but bbs last 2 hours video summary was pretty cool.

Zaverious

Having beaten the game, I really don't feel Kingdom Hearts II is as convoluted as I remember it being. But maybe that is because I've gotten used to all the other story beats and I finally made sense of what was going on with Organization XIII. So, correct me if I am wrong, Xemnas has both Terra and Master Xehanort's memories within him?

He has both of their memories. It's why he refers to Aqua's armor as "friend".

Famassu

When taken by a game by game basis, yeah, any single KH game reeeeally isn't all that complex in itself apart from Dream Drop Distance and some smaller details in other games. It gets a bit more complex when trying to think of the larger whole but that applies to a lot of long-running series. KH has it a bit worse with its clone-like Nobodies and hearts changing bodies but those usually follow some sort of in-universe logic, with some singular special cases bending those a bit (i.e. Namine).

A lot of the ideas in KH are just silly/crazy more than they are all that complex.

Top Bottom