• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom |OT| Nick Jonas can beat you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

Finale was okay. Not really a fan of where everything is left for season two but I'll be back.

Mac being a horndog was highly amusing.

Huge MMA fan here.

Marathon-ed the entire first season and looooove it. Jay is hands down my favourite character, hes just a blast. Lots of complex relationships and I genuinely like all the people too, maybe Alvey dead last though lol.

As for the last minute of the season finale spoiler
Holy shit Nate is gay! It was executed perfectly the entire season though. Nate is so... wallflower (his mother suspects it I think). Hes there, but hes not "there", if that makes sense. You can tell hes not being himself and his own father doesn't even know him. Nate looks like hes never at peace. Well done by Nick Jonas. I am interested to see how this develops.

ivysaur12

Banned
Eh finale. The fights were honestly boring -- it's clear the show doesn't have as much money as it needs. And again, the show loves its characters too much with both winning.

That said, the character work in the last 20 minutes was really good.

Also, I think Nick Jonas is a good actor?

Huge MMA fan here.

Marathon-ed the entire first season and looooove it. Jay is hands down my favourite character, hes just a blast. Lots of complex relationships and I genuinely like all the people too, maybe Alvey dead last though lol.

As for the last minute of the season finale spoiler
Holy shit Nate is gay! It was executed perfectly the entire season though. Nate is so... wallflower (his mother suspects it I think). Hes there, but hes not "there", if that makes sense. You can tell hes not being himself and his own father doesn't even know him. Nate looks like hes never at peace. Well done by Nick Jonas. I am interested to see how this develops.

She absolutely knows.

Frog-fu

Banned
Season finale was good, not quite as dramatic as I had expected since I predicted some kind of twist to keep us hanging for season, but good.

Jay stays winnin'. Everyone was good, but Jay is the boss of the show, so there's that.

I don't really have much else to say other than I'm looking forward to season 2.

T.O.P

Banned
Marathoned this today

It ended up being better than expected, also really liked the Nate/Christina little chat at the party (mama clearly knew since the shopping spree episode but it was really nice)

Can't wait for season 2 already

So apparently Matt Lauria is a vegan. And he's got a body like whoa. Go vegans.

Maybe I should eat better... (I say as I polish off an entire box of mac and cheese at 2AM.)

Season 2 starts shooting today.

e87ac66e657c0a55aa27699e8010fca3.jpg

Frog-fu

Banned
Awesome.

Season 1 was really good. I'mma need more of Jonathan Tucker awesomess next season though.

btw, how awesome was he in Justified? Dude stole every scene. Tucker has one hell of a career ahead of him if he keeps it up.

- Deadline: Natalie Martinez & Jessica Szohr Join DirecTV’s ‘Kingdom’
Natalie Martinez (Secrets and Lies) is set as a regular and Jessica Szohr (Gossip Girl) as a recurring on the the upcoming second season of DirecTV’s MMA drama Kingdom.
Martinez, repped by Atlas Artists and WME, will play Alicia Mendez, described as a woman who is damaged with self-destructive tendencies. Although talented, she is fairly inexperienced fighter who takes a meeting with Lisa (Sanchez). Whitney doesn’t have a very impressive record, but she appreciates the fact that Lisa’s a straight shooter who really means to help her. Szohr, repped by Atlas Artists and ICM Partners, will play Laura Melvin, an artist/photographer who’s “read everything, been everywhere,” and immediately intrigued by Jay (Jonathan Tucker) whom she wants to hire for a photo shoot.
Awesome.

I'd appreciate it.

I hope we get more people watching in season 2 but I doubt it.
Thanks, but it doesn't look like there's much interest in general.

It might be more frugal to just use this thread until interest picks up. Unless something changes, I'll just ask a mod to remove the (Season 1) from the title.

Redx508

few more weeks!

if this show was on something like HBO or netflix a lot of more people would see it

but only on Audience Network is only hurting it if you don't have satellite they you have to download the files

So I just learned that the second season of Kingdom isn't premiering in Canada until the middle of November because apparently that how Canadian's cable stations think they'll solve their viewership problems, but delaying shows for literally no reason and driving even more people away. So I wont' even be able to talk to the few people here that watch the show so that sucks.

Enjoy season 2, you four other gaffers that watch it.

Ashhong

Whoa solid cast. Haven't seen Jonathan Tucker since The Black Donnellys which I loved. Guess I'll check this out

Awesome.

Season 1 was really good. I'mma need more of Jonathan Tucker awesomess next season though.

btw, how awesome was he in Justified? Dude stole every scene. Tucker has one hell of a career ahead of him if he keeps it up.

He was in Justified? Time to finish watching that show. Go check out Black Donnellys :D

Vert boil

Anyone still watching? The last episode was great. Especially liked the moments with Ryan and his dad.

Yep, this season has been a bit fillery but the latest episode was really nice apart from the gym ditz suddenly becoming mad smart.

TraBuch

Banned
Had no idea the season started back up again. Watched the midseason premiere and who would've thought Jay would be the most stable character on the show?

Q8D3vil

This got to be one of the most underrated shows right now along with shameless.
Frank Grillo and Jonathan Tucker are fucking killing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom