• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

Ravus is the character I'm most anticipated to see.

character_ravus_bg_thumb.png
Can't unsee Liquid

latest

Hopefully game version is better.

PSY・S;209490951 said:
So why is Regis' design being carried over into the game but not Luna's?

They changed Regis' design and there was a massive backlash. Maybe they cold feet about changing Luna's design in the game even though it was too late to change the Kingsglaive version.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm sure this has already been answered elsewhere, but is there a reason for the dramatic difference in appearance between game Luna and movie Luna while Regis looks about the same?

Is it just different studios having different ideas of how she should look?

Regis design they changed in game due to the movie.

Maybe they felt Luna design is better in the game.

Ran rp

They changed Regis' design and there was a massive backlash. Maybe they cold feet about changing Luna's design in the game even though it was too late to change the Kingsglaive version.

BS, IMO. They've already changed everything else. They haven't done a thing about Cidney. Why suddenly stop with Luna?

kurahador

Regis design they changed in game due to the movie.

Maybe they felt Luna design is better in the game.

Ardyn looks the same as the game as well.

I don't think anyone knows why Luna the only one who looks different. What's weird though is how they keep saying Luna is the one who bridged the movie and the game.
Padme Amidala like doubles?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A few questions, some that might have already been answered here but I couldn't readily find this information:

1) Have the US theaters this will be playing in been announced yet?

2) Is the digital download from the Blu-Ray release confirmed to be Ultraviolet?

Z3M0G

please be good
please be good
please be good

Looking forward to checking out impressions here tomorrow night!

Philippo

I wasn't initially too warm on the idea of a CGI movie, but the positive impressions really grew on me.
I'm still not interested in the action scenes etc., but i'm really curious about how it ties into the world and the story.

Ravus is the character I'm most anticipated to see.

character_ravus_bg_thumb.png

More curious about his in-game appeareance, we know it's going to be quite different face-wise. The aesthetic really give the impression of a great villain imho.

Squire

Banned
Positive impressions from people that went to early screenings are typically meaningless, especially for something like this.

Gonna try to see this next month though.

Philippo

I dunno, I think because he is Luna's brother he will ultimately also be against the Nifelheim empire. I always got the impression he is just masquerading as a villain.

Open to bet? :p

Positive impressions from people that went to early screenings are typically meaningless, especially for something like this.

Gonna try to see this next month though.

Yeah right, when i read that people were actually sobbing during the movie i didn't buy it.

Ray Down

Banned
He has a great look for sure and might be interesting to see what he does, but I'm 90% sure he is a bad guy.

Ravus is pretty much the main villain of 15 if we believe Tabata words a while ago saying we have yet to see the main villain and we basically found out about Ravus existence about a month ago

He also shares the same voice actor in japan as the white hooded man, so Ravus is probably him.

Yea it's dumb that only Japan gets the whole package. I'm still torn actually I want my deluxe for the steel book case. But I also want the anime on Blu-ray. Need to figure out what I'm going to do soon

I'm very close to canceling my deluxe edition and just go with the regular FFXV edition + kingsglaive/brotherhood blu ray steelcase edition.

As seeing this at the cinema is going to be nigh on impossible for me I'm looking forward for the digital/Blu-ray release. However any chance of a 4K UHD release sometime?

foras592

Everything i've read were super positive impressions about this movie, I can't wait to watch it! Unfortunately, I don't live in USA so I can't watch it in theatre on August :(. Do we now if the digital release is before sep 30?

Edit: nvm, i've just found my answer in the OT lol.

Famassu

Really don't like Iedolas demeanour in this movie. Clarus was a mistake, too.

The problem to me is the Iedolas acts like a different character from the stuff we've seen so far from Kingsglaive. There's no evil grin or any confidence that his character has in FFXV, and he just looks like someone who's been sad his entire life.

I can let go characters looking slightly different (Clarus looks completely different which I won't defend), and Iedolas looks similar in the game and movie, but his personality appears to be different which sucks.
Considering how little we've seen from Iedolas, not really sure if it's enough to make such claims that he's a completely different character.

Ran rp

The problem to me is the Iedolas acts like a different character from the stuff we've seen so far from Kingsglaive. There's no evil grin or any confidence that his character has in FFXV, and he just looks like someone who's been sad his entire life.

I can let go characters looking slightly different (Clarus looks completely different which I won't defend), and Iedolas looks similar in the game and movie, but his personality appears to be different which sucks.

I'm sure Kingsglaive Iedolas will be a powerful, evil sicko. More sore than game Iedolas ever was.

Kingsglaive Iedolas is a big improvement, imo, and it's time you let old Iedolas go.

Setsu00

I actually thought that Iedolas is the one character that changed the least since we were first introduced to him.

Top Bottom