• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

Doubt there will be a theater near me that's gonna be showing Kingsglaive so I'm jumping headfirst into these spoilers, I don't feel like waiting till the end of September.

In a day I went from avoiding anything gaming related to taking a few quick looks at spoilers, and what I have read is making it even harder. It's gonna be a long month but at least everyone gets the game at the same time.

benzy

Why couldn't we get this Luna in the game.

Cm5qY0_VYAA68T5.jpg:orig

saher

Banned
Well someone said the same thing on 4chan about
Ravus losing his arm and other spoilers for the game which were basically the same as the leaks during E3 with some new stuff.

Why couldn't we get this Luna in the game.

Cm5qY0_VYAA68T5.jpg:orig

Oh, wow, so it was Luna that Ravus was talking to in the offical screenshots. I love both Luna's (dat belt, dat coat) outfit and Crowe's casual clothes, just great all round. Surely there will be a Kingsglaive art book...? Take my money, Square.

Ran rp

kingslaive sells luna's character much more effortlessly than any media of game luna so far. i'm almost as disappointed that this won't be her design in the game as i was about stella's removal, lol. at least we get a feature length film, though.

raven777

A person I know just watched it. He said it was pretty good. The only negative was Luna's voice acting (which I also hated in the trailers I have seen so far)

zeromcd73

I would love to go see it, but doesn't seem to be being shown at any theaters in Kyoto.

Might see if some friends want to go to Osaka tomorrow to go see it.

PSY・S;209532117 said:
kingslaive sells luna's character much more effortlessly than any media of game luna so far. i'm almost as disappointed that this won't be her design in the game as i was about stella's removal, lol. at least we get a feature length film, though.

The half-irony of the discrepancy between Luna's designs in both mediums is that game Luna looks closest to Nomura's 2013 design, and ultimately puts whatever decision made by Tabata to be one between a rock and hard place.

JBwB

Can't wait to watch this haha.

Is there a confirmed digital release date yet? If so when is it available and on what platforms?

Ran rp

The half-irony of the discrepancy between Luna's designs in both mediums is that game Luna looks closest to Nomura's 2013 design, and ultimately puts whatever decision made by Tabata to be one between a rock and hard place.

2013 Luna was already a mistake. OG Stella and Kingsglaive Luna are the best designs of the two characters, so I'm at least glad that they continued to change Luna for the film.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Luna looks like the lead singer from Florence and the Machine...

Crow looks good....

And Benzy, pls. FFXV Luna looks far better than Kings Luna. Stop the lies.
FFXV Luna in-game looks like they have trouble getting her model to emote correctly due to the lack of things like facial wrinkling.

Aters

Damn it's already out. I just clicked on a spoiler that I wish I'd never read. Sounds pretty good so far. I'm very happy.

Crossing Eden

??? We've seen FFXV Luna look determined and scared in trailers before....
We've seen her look a thousand times more determined in the film because she looks like a person and emotes correctly. People have wrinkles when they do things like grimace. In the game her eyebrows slightly lean down. In the movie, due to being based on actual person first and foremost, she animates and looks a shit ton more convincing in motion and in stills. I imagine the actors didn't perform anime-ish mannerisms either like that determined hand on chest thing we've seen a thousand times in anime.

There's also the matter of just her poker face showing how bothered she is by her situation. Her default face actually has some subtle emotion and life behind the eyes.

Mediking

UoXTnw8.gif

Tsk tsk, Mediking.

We've seen her look a thousand times more determined in the film because she looks like a person and emotes correctly. People have wrinkles when they do things like grimace. In the game her eyebrows slightly lean down.
BSrUjKZ.gif

Look, I can respect all the hard work that went into Kings. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Luna's Kings model... I still applaud the work. BUT... I stand by FFXV Luna proudly and still say that she looks far better than Kings Luna.

Crossing Eden

Look, I can respect all the hard work that went into Kings. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Luna's Kings model... I still applaud the work. BUT... I stand by FFXV Luna proudly and still say that she looks far better than Kings Luna.
In what way? Are you saying you prefer a character lacking key factors meant for conveying emotion when they're supposed to be or a completely flawless doll like face?

Turin

Banned
I'm just glad we even have Kingsglaive. It seems to be a very satisfying project regardless of how the game turns out.

No problem. I was being playful. ;)

Aters

A strong female priestess who is also a princess, and she's willing to sacrifice hersulf....
I think I'm getting my Iphigenia obsession fixed.

Sorry but you will have to fight this war alone. I have nothing against game Luna (typical FF design, nothing to complain), but the movie version is better.

That was funny, people doubting that she would be strong even though Final Fantasy has so many strong female characters. Garnet, Tifa, Rinoa, Aeris, Yuna, Ashe... It was really amazing.

Also......

Lightning.

Say what you like about the character, but she's no Princess Peach.

Mediking

In what way? Are you saying you prefer a character lacking key factors meant for conveying emotion when they're supposed to be or a completely flawless doll like face?

XV Luna has a very nice face to me. Reminds me of Yuna from FFX alot. I don't see that same appeal in Kings Luna's face.

Top Bottom