• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo announces TGS 2016 lineup

Shin-chan

Isn't Team Ninja assisting with Dissidia? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

If they are, I'm sure the assets and stuff from that could be reused in a Final Fantasy Musou.

Ninja Gaiden 4 would be the biggest announcement they could make for me. Is all of TN occupied with NiOh? The credits say Kou Shibusawa and TN and I understood that these are different teams under Koei. Is that wrong, or could NiOh be a joint effort leaving the rest of TN to work on Ninja Gaiden?

meppi

This must happen! I'm ready for the next Dynasty Warriors! The article in the past about the next Dynasty Warriors got me really pumped.

Gimme that Warriors Orochi 4 too!

It's been in development for long enough, so this makes too much sense not to be the game.
Can't wait for tit myself. For a series that gets tons of shit for being overexposed, it's been way too long between DW8 and 9, so I'm hyped to finally play it. :)

Also, I'm still hoping for Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce 3 against better judgement.

Shin-chan

It's TGS, I'm sure most of them will come to steam and some will come to xbox in the west.
It's a toss up really. Like, Attack on Titan gets an Xbox port but not Berserk? Arslan got one too. Did Samurai Warriors 4-2?

I can't imagine their very "Japanese" titles get many Sales on Xbox but something tied to a popular anime might.

Guymelef

Isn't Team Ninja assisting with Dissidia? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

If they are, I'm sure the assets and stuff from that could be reused in a Final Fantasy Musou.

Ninja Gaiden 4 would be the biggest announcement they could make for me. Is all of TN occupied with NiOh? The credits say Kou Shibusawa and TN and I understood that these are different teams under Koei. Is that wrong, or could NiOh be a joint effort leaving the rest of TN to work on Ninja Gaiden?

Not just assisting, they are the developers.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dissidia_Final_Fantasy_(2015)#cite_note-auto2-16

It's TGS, I'm sure most of them will come to steam and some will come to xbox in the west.

Or maybe we'll be surprised again, like how they announced and released ROTTK 13 for XBO in Japan and never came west.

TreIII

Alright, let's see that Dynasty Warriors 9, at long last. After all the teasing from Akihiro Suzuki from the last year and some change, along with a few suggestions about what the game would be like, this has to be something special.

Ninja Gaiden 4 can hopefully be a thing after Team Ninja has fully proven they got their action game groove back after Ni-oh.

Griss

Make DoA6, c'moooooon. I swear to god, I must have already funded that thing with all the costumes I've bought for 5.

This for fuck's sake. I bought 3 copies of DoA 5, I bought DoAX3 just recently. Get your arses in gear and make the next one already. At least give us some hints!

DoA and Everybody's Golf are my gaming comfort food and the fact that we don't have new current gen versions for either just breaks my heart.

This for fuck's sake. I bought 3 copies of DoA 5, I bought DoAX3 just recently. Get your arses in gear and make the next one already. At least give us some hints!

DoA and Everybody's Golf are my gaming comfort food and the fact that we don't have new current gen versions for either just breaks my heart.
The fact the latter was already announced breaks my heart even more! Where is it!

wapplew

Honestly, KT is the best Japanese publisher this gen. Lots of games, lots of new IP, more Japanese publisher need to learn from them.

Zukkoyaki

Honestly, KT is the best Japanese publisher this gen. Lots of games, lots of new IP, more Japanese publisher need to learn from them.

I agree 100% and I'm saying this as someone who was never really into KT's games before. Love Toukiden and Knights of Azure, Musous are also better than they've ever been.

Sesha

Maybe Shamoke will finally be playable in Dynasty Warriors 9.

No way they're showing Ninja Gaiden 4. It's way too soon. Nioh is their big action game title at the moment. We will probably see Dead or Alive 6 announced first. I don't expect NG4 until like, 2019.

MiguelItUp

Yes, just feed me all the Berserk info! I'm looking forward to TGS just for that alone. I'm hoping we get a nice heaping portion of info.

No way they're showing Ninja Gaiden 4. It's way too soon. Nioh is their big action game title at the moment. We will probably see Dead or Alive 6 announced first. I don't expect NG4 until like, 2019.

Maybe Shamoke will finally get ahead of the game this time.

Or something.

Bad joke.

If the recent musou games are anything to go on, especially that Sanada Gaiden game, DW9 is going to be huge with changes.

studyguy

It's about time for another DW, fully expect one after the rash of licensed musou games. Toukiden 2 looks neat.

Still holding out for that dream of Atelier coming to PC one day. One can hope.

PSqueak

Banned
- AKB48’s Ambition (FP, iOS, Android, PC) – Trailer
- Nobunaga’s Ambition 201X (iOS, Android, PC, PS Vita) – Trailer
- Nobunyaga’s Ambition (iOS, Android, PC) – Trailer, Stage

I guess the NA team was, like, "we can do weirder than crossovering with pokemon".

ShinMaruku

"Nobunyaga's ambition"

I chuckled.

tumblr_lt9uiup8cJ1qau3h6o1_500.jpg

Nobunyaga exists

TreIII

I agree, but the way Koei Tecmo and their teams are pretty darn efficient these last few years, I'd venture to say Q4 2018 for Ninja Ryu's proud return (to form, hopefully).

Especially if DMC5 happens anytime soon within the next few years, no way is KT going to sit idly by and allow THEIR stylish action hero to continue to be benched.

EDIT:

The thing I love most about KT is that they started righting their ship pretty early, last gen. Following the merger, they started being much more efficient as a dev, and never fell into some of the failings that other JP publishers did during that era.

To be able to come out of the PS3/360 era alive and well, while only have a few honest missteps to the tune of "DW6", SW3 Wii exclusive" and "Ninja Gaiden 3" to their name? I'd say they made out pretty well. And this gen has been even better for them.

- Blue Reflection: Sword of the Girl Who Dances in Illusions (PS4, PS Vita) – Trailer, Live Stream

I can't wait to see this in motion. I hope they nail the animation because the character models are insane

blue-reflection-ann-fiiuet.jpg

Shin-chan

I wonder if DW will have received a bit of a shake up. I haven't played one since 4 and based on Dragon Quest Heroes and Hyrule Warriors I can't really see any significant development (which is pretty ridiculous for a series that has been iterated on since the PS2 lol).

Hastati

I can't wait to see this in motion. I hope they nail the animation because the character models are insane

I still can't believe this is a character model. Really amazing, whoever worked on this should redo models and shaders in Toukiden 2 Kiwami if that ever happens to make it look more like the concept art.

Kudo

Saw this first time today and honestly, it looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in action.
Hopefully they'll finally announce release date for Nioh too at TGS.

pHand

Really disappointed by the lack of PC output. I still want Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, and I'd love to play the new Yukimura spinoff, too.

Briarios

Nights of azure 2? Nice! I enjoyed the first one. Looking forward to hearing about this ... and hoping we get a Western release.

Shin-chan

Please try to justify PS3 ports over PC in 2016, oh great sanji-san1.

nt
I'd assume he's referring to Xbox. They probably sell more on PS3/Vita in Japan alone than they'd sell on Xbox globally.

I don't see the need to whinge about poor pc support. Just wait for the western announcements and it'll usually be accompanied with a Steam announcement.

Top Bottom