• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOF 14 Steam prepurchase is up

BadWolf

Pretty quick between announcement and release, nice.

Regular version comes with 2 DLC costumes.

Deluxe version comes with 10 additional DLC costumes, all 4 DLC characters, digital artbook and soundtrack.

Gren

I dunno how I missed the news about the Steam port, but I'm fucking ecstatic. Now I don't need to buy a PS4.

It'll still happen one day unless Sega ports the Yakuza games tho'

selo

You cant gift from mexico store to other regions :/

Yeah, that's a bummer. I play a bunch of fighting games with a guy I met on usfiv, he's from venezuela, and I gifted him SFV and I was planning on gifting him this and I couldn't :( (they have a super rough situation down in his country)

Tizoc

Yeah, that's a bummer. I play a bunch of fighting games with a guy I met on usfiv, he's from venezuela, and I gifted him SFV and I was planning on gifting him this and I couldn't :( (they have a super rough situation down in his country)
I recommend checking humblebundle and seeing if they can let u gift a copy to another egion
Alternatively ill ask around and see if it is possible to somehow get a row copy for cheap :x

KPRd71a.jpg
Graphics option

DKL

In wishlist, is really a good fighting game?

This game is actually a lot of fun and it's kinda sad that it's semi dead >_>

(I remember a dude I was talking to in Twitch Chat where it was like... you know the game is in trouble when Socal stops playing lol)

Like, how meter works is really nice: they give you enough to spam a bunch of fun EX moves, but not so much that stuff gets stupid busted.

It's a cool game that's actually fairly easy to pick up and do stuff and I think what happened was that people were maybe turned off by the visuals, but that doesn't matter when your game is fun to play >_>

petran79

Banned
Considering even PS4 version suffers online, I dont see the big deal in lack of crossplay.
54 characters is a great value. SFV is even more expensive with half the characters.

This and GG Xrd Rev2 will be my main games. Not sure about buying Tekken 7. I prefer playing Tekken 5 on PCSX2.

Tizoc

Considering even PS4 version suffers online, I dont see the big deal in lack of crossplay.
54 characters is a great value. SFV is even more expensive with half the characters.

This and GG Xrd Rev2 will be my main games. Not sure about buying Tekken 7. I prefer playing Tekken 5 on PCSX2.
I had gotten sf5 2017 edition for $38 on steam :p
As much as i ould like to get this for at least the base price, ima keep an eye out for cheaper options

petran79

Banned
I had gotten sf5 2017 edition for $38 on steam :p
As much as i ould like to get this for at least the base price, ima keep an eye out for cheaper options

After Tekken 7 and MVC:I there probably will not be any important fighting game on PC for a long time, unless Sega release VF5FS with netplay.

Since I do not play SFV that much, I'll invest more time in GG and KOF. Also in contrast to PS4, PC still has KOF98-2002UM versions and GG AC+ R.

mackmoney

It's a good game but looks like crap. Even with the visual enhancement patch, not easy on the eyes. Looks aren't everything but tons of quality fighters out now. Hard to pay full price on the Steam version especially if it's a double dip. The game looks like crap.

BadWolf

How casual friendly is this?

It's much easier than XIII. If you can do quarter circle moves then you can do the vast majority of the moves in the game. Its max mode is also a lot more casual friendly than XIII's hyper drive (which you basically had no use for unless you knew your combos).

XIV also has Rush combos (you just mash LP to get a combo) for those just starting out. They work in conjunction with max mode so you can get some really nice damage for very basic execution.

The cast is huge and very varied so there's a lot of playstyles to choose from to fit your style.

I waited for this for awhile but is coming out in the wrong month for me. I only got so much time and money, and I was already planning for Tekken 7 to be the game I get and play heavily. I need my Tekken on Pc. Will get later though, still a SNK fanboy.

Follow up question: it says DLC content can only be accessible only after the game's official release. No DLC content in the closed beta? Rock is my favorite :(

My friend is playing it now and is playing as all the DLC characters so even that part might be wrong. He is even playing as Rock.

Only thing not in the beta is the Artbook and Soundtrack which would usually be thrown in an Extras folder in the directory for the game.

Momentary

Banned
4K Support?Seems like resolution was capped out at 1080p on the video, but that could possibly be due to their desktop resolution being set to that.

Momentary

Banned
Game does support resolutions over 4K.

Edit: Correction. Currently the game only allows you to render at your screen's native resolution. If you use DSR, it will allow you to choose that resolution, but will render it at the screens native res or even lower.

Top Bottom