• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima: MGSV PC in dev, might be released, might not be at launch, consoles priority

It fills a niche and I suspect it will do pretty well at a certain price point and during the seasonal sales.

I dunno. Dark Souls continues to sell out during sales and at last update had moved over 300,000 copies on the platform, despite being arguably the shittiest major console port the system has seen in years (the fixes the community made were a big deal here).

I think you'll see a similar trajectory with MGS:R.

Momentary

Banned
Rising won't sell, but that won't affect this at all, it's coming.

I use the Marines I work with as a guide as to whether or not a game is going to do decent. The fact that these hardcore dudebros are waiting to get this on their laptops means that MGR will at least sell decently.

Durante

I dunno. Dark Souls continues to sell out during sales and at last update had moved over 300,000 copies on the platform, despite being arguably the shittiest major console port the system has seen in years (the fixes the community made were a big deal here).

I think you'll see a similar trajectory with MGS:R.
I don't think it will do as well as Dark Souls. That just seems like a far better fit for the platform (as does MGS5!).

Totally anecdotal and all that, but the 3 PC-only gamers I know all bought Dark Souls, and none of them have any interest in Rising.

MLH

I would totally buy it for PC. Right now, MGS5 is my only reason to consider purchasing a next gen system (assuming they would look & run better than the PS3/360 counterparts)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'd probably hold off on getting a PS4 if they announced it for PC.

Leks

I can wait. Konami is starting to port their latest major games on PC (Lords of Shadow, Metal Gear Rising), no doubt the situation will repeat with MGS V.

I don't mind waiting a bit and I can understand the initial careful dipping of toes, so to speak, after the prolonged absence of the series from PC.

FGMPR

Banned
It will take something like a successful Steambox launch to make PC gaming a priority for a japanese publisher. They don't really understand PC gaming.

To be fair, like GTA and unlike something like Dark Souls, the console sales are likely to completely dwarf those on PC. I don't blame them for not making it a priority, but it would surely be a worthwhile investment regardless.

cripterion

I can wait. Konami is starting to port their latest major games on PC (Lords of Shadow, Metal Gear Rising), no doubt the situation will repeat with MGS V.

Oh thanks, didn't know Lords of Shadow was on it's way. Never played it but seems it's gotten good review. Hope they follow suit with next gen games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
MG:R's sales on PC will be the litmus test I'd wager.

I'll be buying it and keep my fingers crossed for MGS:V.

Due to PC margins and shelf space, usually developers shove their ports out regardless of how previous games did since the risk is vastly lower.

They just get later and more half assed when previous things don't sell.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Even if they release it on PC, I'm not sure if it'll be much superior outside of resolutions higher than 1080p and framerate.

That's pretty much the definition of superior. Considering how much aliasing we've seen from gameplay videos of next-gen games, it seems that the perfect IQ that PC offers will always make it the better option.

Grief.exe

Of course, we are developing on a PC, so we look forward to releasing something on the PC sometime.

But right now we don't have a release date, we aren't really looking to doing that right now, its not really a priority.

We are making it, and we hope to put it out as well.

Source: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...v--the-phantom-pain-e3-2013--kojima-interview

EDIT: Old search wasn't showing it. Just went back a few pages.

Ignore.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585746&highlight=metal+gear+solid

CHC

Pretty cool but MGS has always been a console game. I usually always go for PC versions but I'll probably stick to consoles on this one. Gotta use that new PS4 for something, anyway.

Sakujou

Banned
Good for pc gamer, i dont care about this. I just hope the console versions do look good and will kneel down all other games.

this would be pretty great news for me. I'd love to play through V. PS4/XBOX One being on pC architecture makes it easier to not purchase them and get ports.

Top Bottom