• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima: MGSV PC in dev, might be released, might not be at launch, consoles priority

Tecl0n

gif-scrubs-superexcited.gif

Due to PC margins and shelf space, usually developers shove their ports out regardless of how previous games did since the risk is vastly lower.

They just get later and more half assed when previous things don't sell.

Late and bad ports lead to poor exposure and meager sales, lower sales leads to later and even worse ports or no port at all. A vicious cycle begins.

sflufan

Banned
To be accurate, he didn't actually say that a PC version is "in development" -- he stated that the game is being developed "on" PCs which EVERY game is ultimately developed on in the first place.

So let's not get ahead of ourselves. As of right now, there is simply no PC version of the game in development.

To be accurate, he didn't actually say that a PC version is "in development" -- he stated that the game is being developed "on" PCs which EVERY game is ultimately developed on in the first place.

So let's not get ahead of ourselves. As of right now, there is simply no PC version of the game in development.

Yep, that's how I read it as well.

Hopefully the PC version will be free of that fuck awful dithering.

I think it will be managable with some transparency AA.

Perhaps will be doable with SSAA or some PPAA. Strange that the trailer released literally had 0 AA.

I will buy this immediately on release. I love how artistically created these games are even when I think the story is a bit insane some times.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

That was the title from the second thread with the quote "We are making it, and we hope to put it out as well."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Then clarification is needed because those quotes in no way imply that a PC version of the game actually exists.

If they are making it why would they "hope" to put it out? They wouldn't be spending resources and developing it now if only hoping to put it out.

I edited the title again to reflect the full statement and added the part where he said it might not release.

I agree, it's a self conflicting statement.

SparkTR

Well he says "we are making it and we hope to put it out as well" referring to a PC version. Which to me implies there is a developed PC build (probably as a base for the console versions?), but refining it enough for sale (visual options, QA, KB/M support) is what their hoping to do in the future. It's definitively a more positive situation than a game such as MG:R.

freddy

Banned
If it's truly open world and not just some bland open areas you have no reason to go into, I might take a further look, after some guinea pigs have tested it out, of course.

KKRT00

Next on the list is Destiny. Then I can forget the consoles.

Yep, Division and Destiny to go. Destiny is highly probable considering its Activision Blizzard and FPS.

I'm very happy to hear this Kojima, cant wait.

----
If they are making it why would they "hope" to put it out? They wouldn't be spending resources and developing it now if only hoping to put it out.

Fox Engine was created on PC, first presentation of MGSV run on PC, so PC version exists, but putting game on PC and programming it on PC is different. When You publish game, You need to cover Q&A, different specs etc, its not just putting on DD.

SparkTR

Yep, Division and Destiny to go. Destiny is highly probable considering its Activision Blizzard and FPS.

Well Bungie is contracted for a PC version for the sequel, so it's just a time/patience consideration.

Also The Divisions dev posted this on Facebook apparently:
"We are optimizing the experience for next gen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One), as we are creating a next-gen game. However, we are not ruling out any platforms for the future."

jfoul

Rising, Lords of Shadow, and Lords of Shadow 2 are already coming to PC. I think it's definitely going to happen. Konami seems to be changing the way they do business coming into the next generation. Porting games across PC, PS4 and XB1 is going to be very easy because of the x86 architecture. I think we're going to see an all time high of Japanese games being ported to PC this coming generation.

Sianos

Excellent to hear this, glad to see Japanese developers warming up to the PC. <3

I've heard rumblings about a possible Destiny for PC, and now The Divisions may hit PC as well. Really glad to see so many PC ports this E3.

Lulubop

Good, now all SE has to do is tell me they're two announcements are coming this way as well. Should even be easier since 15 is seemingly made on PC and being ported to consoles.

Sentenza

I've heard rumblings about a possible Destiny for PC, and now The Divisions may hit PC as well. Really glad to see so many PC ports this E3.
Wait, not that this surprises me a lot but... Are you just guessing or they said something about it?

I can't wait for something that might not come out.
I would love to play it on pc if it was day 1, but as it stands, i gotta go with the ps4 version.

rac

Banned
Excellent to hear this, glad to see Japanese developers warming up to the PC. <3

Even if they come out way later than consoles I don't mind since I won't have to spend 400$ on a new console. And to get the most out of Destiny and The Division I'd have to pay for ps+ witch is something I really don't want to do.

RedSwirl

These guys, Square Enix, and From Software seem to be taking a path similar to how Capcom developed its MT Framework games -- develop on a PC engine first, port to console, then release the "original" PC version when they feel like it. In Capcom's case, this usually resulted in excellent PC ports. Hopefully this becomes a trend with the big Japanese companies.

denx

The brand recognition of Metal Gear will be enough for any Metal Gear game to sell on PC (as long as it is available on Steam).

Top Bottom