• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Producion working on a free patch for PS3 version of Z.O.E HD

Takao

Banned
Kojima also mentions that because of this incident (ZOE HD) he canceled the project for the sequel(ZOE3), and he disband the team on the project. He wants to hear from the fans again (with the patch/new version).

There were some important bits censored out on the radio, and the tone was not super serious so I don't know how true it is about ZOE3

I don't think Kojima would nonchalantly drop that in a podcast. They'd probably just never mention Ender's Project ever again if it was canceled.

Malajax

Great news. I was looking forward to playing ZOE again, but the bad reviews put me off. Looking forward to playing the patched version if it ever releases in the US.

rvy

Banned
I like how the op (or them?) mentions that it's a free patch. Thanks, Konami. Unheard of.
Anyway, if the performance is better than the PS2 games, I'm game. If not, keeping my money.

raven777

I like how the op (or them?) mentions that it's a free patch. Thanks, Konami. Unheard of.
Anyway, if the performance is better than the PS2 games, I'm game. If not, keeping my money.

I mentioned free because on the podcast they were emphasizing and almost bragging that the patch was free for some reason....

I just received the collection yesterday so this is good news. I would have just played the games with the issues because I heard they were overblown, but I can wait for the patch.

rvy

Banned
I mentioned free because on the podcast they were emphasizing and almost bragging that the patch was free for some reason....

What the fuck is happening over in Japan for them to think that a free patch to improve their shitty outsourced port is a big deal?

Sgblues

Yeah I held off on getting the HD collection after seeing it in action but I might snap it up but would wait for some testimonials first.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
You guys should be a little more grateful given the state of Konami. After what happened to the SH HD collection it seems that Kojima knows the company doesn't care about quality anymore, so he's taking it on himself to fix the mistakes made on ZoE HD. Kudos to him.

raven777

they mentioned PS3 version had problem with translucent effects because the game had so much of them.

I remember someone saying there is some part of PS2 that is better than PS3 (texture related I think). Does anyone know what it is?

Salaadin

Well, we know KojiPro knows how to work with the PS3 so I have high hopes for this.
I actually havent played ZOE HD yet. Now Ill wait longer to see if we get this patch.

NEO0MJ

Bet money it'll come to the US as well.
Also can they just come out and say that ZoE vita is canceled? We all know it is.

If they could barely get the game running at 720p, no AA, and with bad framerate on the PS3 I can't imagine how the game will perform on the Vita.

Good news. I picked this up not long after release even knowing of the problems with the PS3 version. Good to know they are wanting to offer the same experience to us as the 360 users.

Jawmuncher

If they could barely get the game running at 720p, no AA, and with bad framerate on the PS3 I can't imagine how the game will perform on the Vita.

I think bluepoint could have worked some magic. But at this point I have given up hope and just want them to confirm as much. Even if its technically already true.

rvy

Banned
Well, we know KojiPro knows how to work with the PS3 so I have high hopes for this.
I actually havent played ZOE HD yet. Now Ill wait longer to see if we get this patch.

MGS 4's framerate and resolution is nothing to brag about.

MechaX

Well, at least KojiPro is actually acknowledging, and attempting to rectify the HD issues.

HVS essentially left purchasers in the cold and never even attempted to address the issues (either by an explanation or anything). I wish KojiPro would have just used Bluepoint to begin with; after what they did with the MGS Collection, why wouldn't they want them onboard for one of the more technically complex PS2 titles? (ZOE2)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
MGS 4's framerate and resolution is nothing to brag about.

Resolution wasn't bad, same with it's IQ but I will definitely agree with you about the frame rate. I think it's one of those things that when mgs4 jumps to the higher frame rates any drop after that is extremely noticeable and makes the whole thing feel chuggy.

I hope this ZOE HD patch is phenomenal and I hope it comes to US consoles because I have been hoping to get this since it released. ZOE2 is one of my favorite games on the ps2 and supporting this series is something that I feel is important if we ever want to see a third.

I wish KojiPro would have just used Bluepoint to begin with; after what they did with the MGS Collection, why wouldn't they want them onboard for one of the more technically complex PS2 titles? (ZOE2)

Because they were working on Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (typing out the full title required, god it is such a bad title)

red731

"free patch"
tumblr_mguhnvoByV1rd2ff1o1_500.jpg

Wampiro

Neo Member
I bought ZOE HD for PS3 two weeks ago, but when I read about aaaall the issues I came back to the store and traded it for the Xbox version (it has better framerate, but still far worse than the PS2 versions).

So... that´s Kojima saying "f*** you" to Xbox buyers, isn´t it? How nice!

It´s my fault, buying anything from Konami nowadays... what was I thinking???

/XX/

they mentioned PS3 version had problem with translucent effects because the game had so much of them.

I remember someone saying there is some part of PS2 that is better than PS3 (texture related I think). Does anyone know what it is?
There is the PS2 'Graphic Synthesizer' GPU and its 4MB of Embedded DRAM at 48GB/s bandwidth. Its rapid framebuffer is something KCEJ WEST took advantage of heavily for particle effects (and transparent effects overdraw) on games like Z.O.E.: The 2nd Runner and MGS2.

sajj316

maybe free for them to release on PSN ..

Wondering where the Vita version but I've kind of lost all hope in that, sigh

NEO0MJ

I think bluepoint could have worked some magic. But at this point I have given up hope and just want them to confirm as much. Even if its technically already true.

If they didn't bring Bluepoint for the PS3 version then what are the odds of them hiring them for the vita version?

Exr

Passed on the collection because of the PS3 issues and resorted to buying ZOE2 on PS2, but if this patch improves it noticeably I'll pick it up. Hopefully the particle effects/translucency is fixed.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Bluepoint couldn't even get MGS3 running at 60 the entire game

JoeFenix

Wow! This is a nice surprise, I LOVE Z.O.E. but I just couldn't support this awful port job.

I'll wait and see how it turns out before buying a copy but this is cool, those ports really were unacceptable.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Still haven't opened my copy of the 360 version, but if this makes the PS3 version the one to get... guess I'll be swapping.

Because seriously. This compilation should have been better.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Nice!

I bought the PS3 version because it just didn't seem right to play it on Xbox! It was such a PS2 series. I know that's dumb, but there ya go. Also: Dual Shock analog buttons. (Only used for one weapon, but I'm a stickler for authenticity)

Korigama

Nice!

I bought the PS3 version because it just didn't seem right to play it on Xbox! It was such a PS2 series. I know that's dumb, but there ya go. Also: Dual Shock analog buttons. (Only used for one weapon, but I'm a stickler for authenticity)
It's more than one weapon (homing missiles, phalanx, and the standard shot are all analog-based).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's more than one weapon (homing missiles, phalanx, and the standard shot are all analog-based).
Ah.. I stand corrected.

Kojima was really the only one to use those analog buttons much.

Top Bottom