• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima will no longer be a Konami executive from April 1st + KojiPro is no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Rebranding. In the weirdest most clinically absurd way possible.

Kojima wants to actually finally step away from MGS (possibly Konami in the next few years? Soon?) = Konami realises they can't have his name be plastered everywhere and essentitally equal Konami's games division.

Its the most inane thought vector possible but its perhaps all in preparation for the first non-Kojima MGS. If you get used to not seeing KojiPro and A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME, then can you really tell the difference at al?

GCX

Why would his name be removed if he was just leaving? Something tells me there is more going on for such a reactionary move.

This makes me more interested in seeing MGSV though, aka Konami's swansong.
Maybe they don't want the MGS brand to be as strongly connected to Kojima as before if he's leaving. And Kojima Productions name obviously needs to be changed when he's no longer there.

I explained my reasoning for Sony being a good idea; creative freedom, super-high budget, compatibility in terms of what one asks the other. And outside those reasons, Kojima being associated with Sony's systems for almost two decades.

What "other company" do you have in mind that is a better idea, and why?

Apple. they need his vision to create the ultimate self driving Car .

I actually can see Kojima jumping into the Movie or other technology industries.

Hanmik

qgb7LkS.png

lol

more work for you then

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/311340/?kj=mgsvgz_product

FranXico

The story for mgsv must be even more stupid and wasting of Konami's money for voice actors than I thought. Konami finally saw it in action and just couldn't stand having a storyteller like kojima creating games. Cut him out completely

If that was a reason, they would have done so when MGS4 was made.

GlamFM

Banned
The story for mgsv must be even more stupid and wasting of Konami's money for voice actors than I thought. Konami finally saw it in action and just couldn't stand having a storyteller like kojima creating games. Cut him out completely

Get out.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I just woke up and WTF is going on

No, please no.. This isn't happening goddamn it! ;_;

Dascu

A rebranding would seem strange, given how strong and famous his name is.

So, if he's leaving... Then it would be kind of cool if he starts up a studio with other ex-Konami folks, including for example Koji Igarashi.

I also hope this does not negatively impact Silent Hills.

UrbanRats

Yeah, Konami and their top notch standards... Silent Hill HD collection comes to mind, for example.
They wouldn't have anything less.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is konami crazy enough to remove
Kojima from mgs 5 development. They seem
Pretty hostile to Kojima.

MGSV is most likely done and ready to ship, if not a month out. The rumour was it would be done in time for a June release date, but if it DID get knocked back to September, it was simply for promotional ramp up.

Lunar15

It could be an april fools joke, but that'd be a little weird considering it's the first day of the first quarter and announcing an executive change isn't usually "april fools" material. That's shareholder territory and announcements like that would affect whether or not shareholders sell/buy stock.

But hey, here's hoping.

First Nintendo will make smartphone games and now this?

WHAT'S GOING ON?!!

Kojima's going to Nintendo to make smartphone games, that's what.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
First Hayter, now Kojima
Yep, not falling for it.

Heartfyre

I can't even pop out to go to class without one of the greatest developers in the world potentially closing down while I'm out. This industry...

Seeing Konami say Kojima will still be working at Konami gives me hope that's it's just a branding shake-up coming up to the new fiscal year, but time will tell. Regardless, there's shenanigans afoot, that's for sure.

Xpliskin

I think I get it.

Kojima is founding his own studio.

Like Mikami did.

For whatever reason(money).

If he's CEO of a new studio, it makes sense to scrub his name off of every konami product.

That would be my bet, called it etc etc

Zakard

I just remembered that he said something about having to leave the industry if he messes up "Project Ogre". I guess Konami is taking some safety precautions! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom