• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima will no longer be a Konami executive from April 1st + KojiPro is no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
punishedjou5t.jpg

Valnen

Maybe Kojima requested another delay and Konami decided "You know what, two studios and five development years is enough. We'll deal with this, you're fired".

If they truly decided to fire Kojima, that's basically committing suicide. That would guarantee the death of Konami.

DaBoss

It's a bit late for that, Kojima is synonymous with Metal Gear these days.
Yea, it is. And that's why they want to change that? Just a theory.

MGS5 will most likely be the best selling MGS game in the series and gain a lot of exposure to the series and having it associated with Konami will allow them to make future entries without Kojima's name on it.

Maybe Kojima was serious about it being his last MGS game and this is all so it happens.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I totally can see him starting a new first party sony studios.

Huh.

I won't deny my profound lack of interest in the guy and his recent games, but this sounds quite interesting to me. Maybe he can finally escape the grind and make something new and exciting.

Konami without him is pretty much doomed though. Serves them right, those Hudson-murdering asswipes.

The karma is due.

Dicer

Banned
The sooner he leaves the sooner Konami can burn to the ground the sooner we can all be happy...

Then someone with some god damned sense can buy the Hudson properties, I'm looking at you Nintendo, you need mobile games, there ya go.

Fuck Konami

Apt101

Kojima and Konami having a dispute over ownership. Kojima and KojiPro going to Sony.

Nintendo going mobile. cats and dogs sleeping together

hamchan

If they truly decided to fire Kojima, that's basically committing suicide. That would guarantee the death of Konami.

Not really. They have all their health club stuff. Their gaming division doesn't really make much these days when you think about it. MGS, Silent Hills, Pro Evo, Tokimeki Memorial and iOS stuff. Kojima leaving would just signify that they've reached the point where they don't make AAA anymore, which they were heading towards for a while.

Darksol

Sony, throw buckets of money at this man, give him a entire studio, whatever it takes :eek: Then again if he's going off it could be to do his own thing. I wish we had more info.

Personally, I think this is great news. Konami can do what they want to do without worrying about looking terrible for telling Kojima "no." Kojima can finally move on to do something that he actually wants to do.

I think in the end, the consumer wins because we're going to get a Kojima production with 100% of his heart behind it.

Alienous

At MGSGAF we've concluded that MGSV was a hoax all along and probably doesn't exist.

Maybe Konami just realized that Kojima was spending the budget on exotic food?

jett

D-Member
Standing on the edge of the underworld
Looking at the abyss
and I'm hoping for some miracle
To breakout, to escape from all this

Kojima got his wish. Konami goin' nuclear.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Why? Not being an executive anymore doesn't he'll suddenly stop working on MGSV or Silent Hills...

Possible, but Koji_Pro site and logo disappearing, as well as MGSV being without "A Hideo Kojima game" seem signs of something more "radical" incoming.

LiK

Kojima probably gonna just finish up the games and go on a nice long vacation. Dude needs a damn break.

GCX

Well whatever happens Kojima's the one who will be landing on his feet.

A bit concerned about what's going on with KojiPro though.

Xater

My theory would be Kojima leaving Konami and Kojipro is being back integrated into Konami proper.

Konami's statement would not contradict that, they could still hire Kojima as an outside contractor.

Jonnax

Possible, but Koji_Pro site and logo disappearing, as well as MGSV being without "A Hideo Kojima game" seem signs of something more "radical" incoming.

MGS5 is no longer 'A Hideo Kojima Game'?????!?!?
No no no no no no no no no no no :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom