• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces new Contra game, the series latest installment for China market

Ninja Dom

I couldn't imagine playing something as twitch-heavy as Contra with touch-screen "virtual" buttons.

SNK have released Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 3 on iOS and they all play just fine with touchscreen controls. Almost arcade perfect except for multiplayer.

mclem

They've just used their voices to state that they're making a new Contra game when they previously implied they were leaving the VG business?

Why, that's a contra-diction

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Why, that's a contra-diction

they're a bunch of contras

Who knows? maybe it won't suck the life out of us all..... (magic ball says : "... dude, it's Konami")

Haruka

Hearing this, a Chinese Castlevania mobile game wouldn't be too bad. It's not like I'm being offered much else. Couldn't be worse than LoS hell or pachinko/pachislot hell.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
hi guys the contra 3 pic is not of the game being discussed in this thread

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
-No Kojima
-In collaboration with one of China's largest Internet company, Tencent
-Contra (tentative title)
-For iOS/Android
-Side-scroll shooting game
-Microtransactions

22662967032_e2fc64e2de_o.gif

stuminus3

True story - the Contra game that's already on iOS is the point where I finally decided to stop trying to play games like Contra on my phone.

Top Bottom