• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami sale on NA PSN Store (Lords of Shadow 2 - $20, Ground Zeroes $10/$15, more)

Tempting (Does MGS HD Collection PS3 include Peace Walker? I ask because PW is listed separately too. I know they were all three together at retail but dunno about digital) but gotta save this week's game money for Smash Bros.

I went all digital on my PS3 when it stopped reading discs of any sort last year, so these sales are a good way to restock my library.

Oh shit Symphony of the Night is on sale I'm all for that.

Also, is Silent Hill 1 a good starting point? Don't want to buy the infreior version of the game if a better one exists.

Oh shit Symphony of the Night is on sale I'm all for that.

Also, is Silent Hill 1 a good starting point? Don't want to buy the infreior version of the game if a better one exists.

Yup. Shattered Memories is a remake in the absolute loosest definition of the word, if you're looking to get into the series proper you still need to play the PS1 original. Definitely dated but still not a bad romp.

tskeeve

As someone who loved the original game, I really hate what they did to the Vita version.

They just sucked nearly all of the charm right out of it. The cute art-style was swapped for an incredibly generic anime one (Im not saying anime is bad, this specific art-style is just generic), they changed all of the princesses into extremely pandering waifus (I mean, gosh, they even made one of them a vocaloid singer. Why.), and they changed a lot of the humour/writing to suit a very generic 'anime' template.

They also changed the more unique battles in the original game into pretty generic ones. Most of the cool boss gimmicks were just taken right out of the game.

It's not an outright bad game if it's your only option, but I'd highly recommend the Wii version instead.

Thanks for the impressions. I may end up picking it up, actually, as I don't have strong opinions on anime either way, I don't think the conventions of the genre would bother me as much.

Darknight

Where is Castlevania X Chronicles PSP? That one completely gets missed again. Did Konami not have anything to do with that game? Wow its been $15 for the longest time. Shit needs to be $5 right now. Gonna pass on all the other Castlevania games and maybe buy the PS1 games.

I've always been intrigued by the Metal Gear series and, despite three failed attempts to play the HD version of MGS2, I still want to get into the series. Is Ground Zeros an okay place to start? I realize it's random, but it's on sale so...

zruben

Banned
guys, I only have a PS3, is MGS:GZ worthy at 9 bucks?
or should I wait till I get a PS4? (probably this holiday season)

Tizoc

Suikoden 1 is Vita compatible but may require transfering from PS3 to Vita
Don't make me make a new thread just for it, buy it you heathens

SerTapTap

guys, I only have a PS3, is MGS:GZ worthy at 9 bucks?
or should I wait till I get a PS4? (probably this holiday season)

It looks way better on PS4. I'd say it's worth the wait and literally couple extra bucks since it's not like TPP is going to be out by then anyway.

Hilarious how PES 2014 is on sale ($14.99) yet it's not even advertised at the link. You also cannot download PES 2015 demo from the PSN store on PS4 while FIFA 15 demo is splashed everywhere. You have to go SEN store in order to download it.

Tomodachi

I love when they discount PSOne Classics: just got MGS, Silent Hill and SotN to play on my Vita.

Now if they only discounted PS2 Classics... I'd really like to play Lament of Innocence again, I have fond memories of it for some reasons.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Suikoden 1 is Vita compatible but may require transfering from PS3 to Vita
Don't make me make a new thread just for it, buy it you heathens
Thank you. I'll definitely be picking this one up. Never played Suikoden, but Suikoden II is one of my all-time favorites.

Tizoc

how's the ps1 version of SOTN? also, what's regarded as the best version of the game?

Well Dracula X Chronicles has the game but also features the JP dub and an improved translation. The former means Norio Wakamoto as Dracula.

I've been waiting on the MGS: HD Collection to go on sale for what feels like forever now. EU seemed to get some great prices on it (and a giveaway via Plus), so I figured I'd wait... and this price kills it for me. I just grabbed a "like new" used copy from Amazon for less than the digital price on sale.

At least if they give it away on Plus in the future, I won't feel badly about buying it on sale because I own a physical copy. I'd consider buying other games if I didn't own everything I'm interested in already-- aside from the Castlevania HD game, which I'm surprised still goes for that much seeing how old it is and how mixed reception was. I might bite if I think I'll ever touch it.

It's funny that I grabbed the HD collection today, though. I found a copy of Twin Snakes in excellent condition at a small video rental place while driving for work earlier this afternoon. They were going out of business, and I saw it sitting amongst a bunch of sports games for what I assume is a pretty fair $15. It's the only one I've never played all the way through, so I'll be content to play through the whole series again before V launches.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tempted by Ground Zeroes, but I feel like it'll go lower or be a PS+ title in the future. Still not willing to pay that much.

Tempted by Ground Zeroes, but I feel like it'll go lower or be a PS+ title in the future. Still not willing to pay that much.

I'd personally feel comfortable at around that price (especially PS3), and I bought it for $25 at launch. If you're a big fan of the series, I would say it's a nice price to bite at, but then again your assumptions are likely correct. I'd think someone over at Sony or Konami would already be rubbing their hands at the prospect of giving Ground Zeroes away for free a month or two before MGSV launches.

jadjei

I think I'm gonna pick up MGS HD. Too bad I don't have a ps3 to transfer MGS 1 to my Vita, I would have bought that game also. >_>

kick51

Banned
EVERYONE BUY SUIKODEN. EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN REPLAYING. CONSIDER IT A KICKSTARTER FOR SUIKODEN.

I bought it!

it's like the last game on this list i didn't already own lol

however, i've lost faith in Suikoden 2 coming over.

cris7198

GODDAMMIT. I JUST bought MGS:GZ (new, physical) on the PS4 last week cause I wanted to see what the Fox Engine looked like on current gen consoles.

Fuck.

I know your feel bro, i bought it digitally after TGS because i just couldn't wait
:(

Edit: Suikoden, MGR and SOTN are really tempting

Shun

PSN Store please update, I've been waiting for Hard Corps Uprising to be on sale forever D: DLC Sale too.

Based Konami.

I would get Ground Zeroes, but I've already borrowed and beaten it, and I have trouble believing it won't end up as a PS Plus title sooner rather than later.

ricki42

I've been waiting on the MGS: HD Collection to go on sale for what feels like forever now. EU seemed to get some great prices on it (and a giveaway via Plus), so I figured I'd wait... and this price kills it for me.

Well, if you consider April 'forever'. I bought the HD collection for PS3 back then for $12.

Top Bottom