• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami sale on NA PSN Store (Lords of Shadow 2 - $20, Ground Zeroes $10/$15, more)

Harmony of Despair is a $15 dollar game with $24 of total DLC. It's still almost $20 total after PS Plus discount for everything. I want to get the Castlevanias but that price plus my dislike of co-op may not make it a good deal.

Anybody know how much they changed in New Little King Story from the Wii one? I heard they ruined the ending or something. I know about moeing all the characters already. Please no major spoilers.

Wow this is some major bullshit. I just bought MGS1 and found out that I can't download it on the Vita.

Is there any other way to put it on the vita without a ps3? Goddamn it Sony.

kng3025

Anyone know if the collection and metal gear solid 1 are cross buy?

Well, I don't believe the collection is cross buy, just cross save. Metal gear solid 1 should be playable on your Vita ( if you have a NA account I think) but only via ps3 transfer. Since it's a ps1 classic, is supposed to be playable across the ps3/psp/Vita. Hope that helps.

omg_mjd

It will show up, but it will tell you that it can't be downloaded. I think they like teasing us :(
You'll have to use a PS3.

No PS3 so no MGS for me then :(

Wow this is some major bullshit. I just bought MGS1 and found out that I can't download it on the Vita.

MGS is on the list of PS TV compatible games so I guess there's a chance it'll be available to Vitas as well once the PS TV is released. I'm wondering if I should buy it now just in case since I have extra money in my PSN wallet anyway.

Anyone know if the collection and metal gear solid 1 are cross buy?
No. The Vita collection and PS3 are two different releases. As someone mentioned, they support cross-saves via transfarring(sp?), but you have to buy both to use it.

By the way, does transfarring negate trophies? For example, if I got the platinum for MGS3 on PS3, does it carry over to Vita?

Everybody buy Suikoden, THANKS.
That's the first thing I bought.

Strike

There was when that store "glitch" occurred a few months back.

Hard Corps: Uprising is probably the best not-at-retail game you can buy on PSN (and it's honestly not too far from the best thing on PSN period). The game is an absolute masterpiece and one of the best "run and gun"-style action-platformers of all time; if you have any interest in the Contra series and that genre and you don't buy it when it drops, you're crazy.

Varth

Hard Corps: Uprising is probably the best not-at-retail game you can buy on PSN (and it's honestly not too far from the best thing on PSN period). The game is an absolute masterpiece and one of the best "run and gun"-style action-platformers of all time; if you have any interest in the Contra series and that genre and you don't buy it when it drops, you're crazy.

Yep. Only game I care about in this sale. Refreshing the page like a hound.

Damn wish I had seen this yesterday so I could have grabbed MGS collection for Vita... Software update is out and now I can't upgrade. Oh well.

Rival

Gold Member
So I'm definitely going to buy suikoden on the chance that helps improve the odds of suikoden 2 getting a release also considering ground zeroes. I have PS3 and 4. Is there a big difference graphically between the two? I know it's only a few dollars more but for such a short game I wonder if it's really worth it to get the more expensive version.

Alex

I'd buy Suikoden but I'm not jumping through hoops to do it. Ridiculous you can't just buy it on the device.

down 2 orth

I'd buy Suikoden but I'm not jumping through hoops to do it. Ridiculous you can't just buy it on the device.

Yeah I just came to post the same thing. I just logged on to PSN from my vita to buy the game but the sale wasn't there. In fact none of the regular priced PS ONE games were there either.

No Dracula X PSP on sale makes me a sad.
Just get it, it's very good. Not often would I recommend buying "older" games off sale, but it was my first Vita game without Plus, and I'm glad for it. Superior SotN too (scaling issues aside). I agree it sucks that Konami is not putting it on sale, but I'd say if it's not gonna out it on sale now, just consider it "sale proof" and buy away.

Eusis

Why is the PS4 version of Ground Zeroes more expensive?
They know people hunger for the next-gen version rather than the last-gen version.

Also smaller install base and thus need to profit off of a smaller base... in theory, in practice way fewer are buying on PS3 anyway, not unless this sale broke past a threshold.

Just get it, it's very good. Not often would I recommend buying "older" games off sale, but it was my first Vita game without Plus, and I'm glad for it. Superior SotN too (scaling issues aside). I agree it sucks that Konami is not putting it on sale, but I'd say if it's not gonna out it on sale now, just consider it "sale proof" and buy away.
I have it on disc.

Audible

Banned
Hmm, tempted to pick up GZ again.

Edit: never mind. Don't wanna add $20 and I'm only .90 cents shy when I add $10. God damn it, Sony.

jcm

I guess I'm in for GZ. I was going to buy it last time it was on sale, until they stealthily raised the price. $13.50 seems fair though.

Astarte

Already bought it day 1. Fuck highways

Tabris

I DON'T CARE. BUY SUIKODEN. CONSIDER IT A KICKSTARTER.

DON'T BLAME KONAMI BECAUSE SONY DIDN'T QA IT FOR VITA

Suikoden on sale. I might have to get it if I don't own it already.

Edit: Requires transferring for Vita. Sigh, of course it does. Good thing it is the weekend soon.

I DON'T CARE. BUY SUIKODEN. CONSIDER IT A KICKSTARTER.

DON'T BLAME KONAMI BECAUSE SONY DIDN'T QA IT FOR VITA

Recently bought it when there was another sale (I think JRPG sale?) on PSN. Played it on my Vita, still such a great game, though surprisingly shorter than what I remember.

I also never knew how broken Kai + Tyr was in this game. Jesus, he always sat on my bench in previous runs.

RK128

Man this is a great sale for Vita owners (if they own a PS3....sadly many of the sale games require a PS3 transfer :() :D!

Got Castlevanna SoTN yesterday and waiting for my PSN Card to be ordered from Sony Rewards (weird that still didn't happen yet :l; get it immediately after I did it last time....) to get Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid and Sudiken (sorry if I misspelled that X().

Put an hour into SoTN and really enjoy it so far :D. Great OST, really smooth controls and the castle is filled with stuff to find and use :). Glad I picked this up; might get to love the CV series from this game :D.

Can't wait to try out Silent Hill if the PSN Card process before the sale ends; really want to see how scary this series really is (always was....a bit afraid of playing the second game XD; seemed really horrifying...not good when I don't play much horror games) :D.

Metal Gear Solid will be really nice to have (as I have the Vita collection too; three of the four mainline games all in one spot...not that is great :)) and Sudiken will be interesting to check out (as I really love the Persona games and really like what I played of FFVII and Chrono Trigger so far).

Tizoc

Man this is a great sale for Vita owners (if they own a PS3....sadly many of the sale games require a PS3 transfer :() :D!

Got Castlevanna SoTN yesterday and waiting for my PSN Card to be ordered from Sony Rewards (weird that still didn't happen yet :l; get it immediately after I did it last time....) to get Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid and Sudiken (sorry if I misspelled that X().

Put an hour into SoTN and really enjoy it so far :D. Great OST, really smooth controls and the castle is filled with stuff to find and use :). Glad I picked this up; might get to love the CV series from this game :D.

Can't wait to try out Silent Hill if the PSN Card process before the sale ends; really want to see how scary this series really is (always was....a bit afraid of playing the second game XD; seemed really horrifying...not good when I don't play much horror games) :D.

Metal Gear Solid will be really nice to have (as I have the Vita collection too; three of the four mainline games all in one spot...not that is great :)) and Sudiken will be interesting to check out (as I really love the Persona games and really like what I played of FFVII and Chrono Trigger so far).
Go get Castlevania Chronicles and Dracula X Chronicles. The former requires transfering from PS3 to Vita and is a remake of sorts of Castlevania 1. Dracula X Chronicles has SotN but with the Japanese dub, meaning Norio Wakamoto as Dracula.

One thing though, when you start SoTN, you see the game show 'Bloodlines' at the start. This is incorrect as it should be 'Rondo of Blood'; SotN is a sequel to Rondo, but it was never released in the west. For some reason, Konami went with the title for the Genesis/MD Castlevania game.

RDreamer

Might jump in on the $10 Ground Zeroes. I love Metal Gear but just couldn't justify that game. It'll be weird not owning a physical copy though..

RK128

Go get Castlevania Chronicles and Dracula X Chronicles. The former requires transfering from PS3 to Vita and is a remake of sorts of Castlevania 1. Dracula X Chronicles has SotN but with the Japanese dub, meaning Norio Wakamoto as Dracula.

One thing though, when you start SoTN, you see the game show 'Bloodlines' at the start. This is incorrect as it should be 'Rondo of Blood'; SotN is a sequel to Rondo, but it was never released in the west. For some reason, Konami went with the title for the Genesis/MD Castlevania game.

That is cool :D....but already got the PS1 version :l. I'm really enjoying it so far, so I'm happy with it :). Besides, if I do get Dracula X Chronicles in the future, I can play the original version RoB in addition to the remake. Thanks for telling me about CC though :); if I love SotN, then I will check that out for sure :).

That is odd Konami didn't port over Rondo of Blood on PS1 :l; would have been a great way to push SotN back then :).

Tizoc

That is cool :D....but already got the PS1 version :l. I'm really enjoying it so far, so I'm happy with it :). Besides, if I do get Dracula X Chronicles in the future, I can play the original version RoB in addition to the remake. Thanks for telling me about CC though :); if I love SotN, then I will check that out for sure :).

That is odd Konami didn't port over Rondo of Blood on PS1 :l; would have been a great way to push SotN back then :).

Rondo of Blood never got a PSX release to begin with, it was just released on the PC Engine, though I get what you mean.

Top Bottom