• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konamis Gamers Night in SF (ITT people get banned for mentioning ZoE3)

Eteric Rice

schuelma said:
I doubt a game like that would be revealed in the U.S. But here's to hoping! (of course I'm guessing the next Suikoden will be PS2 or PS3...)

Hard to say, Suikoden has always been more of a budget franchise. Not to mention the rumors that were going around earlier this year.

PS2/Wii or even PSP would work.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Y2Kev said:
Embargoed until tomorrow? Cmmmon Europe! Break that sumbitch open!

Europe gaming journalism is like the American West OF a hundred and fifty years ago.

Now quickly, what's the site that "forgot" about the Sega/Platinum embargo?? WE NEED YOU

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
schuelma said:
Europe gaming journalism is like the American West a hundred and fifty years ago.

Now quickly, what's the site that "forgot" about the Sega/Platinum embargo?? WE NEED YOU

It was freaking Eurogamer :lol

Scrubking

Dear Konami,

Please give us:

- 2D Castlevania Wii
- Suikoden VI Wii

Thank you

P.S. Please drop the stupid dumbed down Hottest Party DDR game and bring a real DDR game to the Wii.

schuelma

Kagari said:
Embargoed till tomorrow... does that mean 12:01 am PST?

Dunno..Matt Cassassaassetc. just said the embargo on the Konami event was "over the next day".

We must rely on Europe

wsippel

Banned
schuelma said:
Dunno..Matt Cassassaassetc. just said the embargo on the Konami event was "over the next day".
I'm not so sure. He was talking about at least three events, first stating that there would be no embargos, then something about Thursday, later something about next week or the week after that. And then he lost me...

schuelma

wsippel said:
I'm not so sure. He was talking about at least three events, first stating that there would be no embargos, then something about Thursday, later something about next week or the week after that. And then he lost me...

I remember pretty clearly him saying the Konami one was only a day..I think...

duckroll

schuelma said:

They only forgot 15 mins into the event, so it's not a case of "forgot" but just real boneheadedness. Speaking of forgetting about embargos, the Gamespot article on the Platinum Games/Sega deal is mysteriously gone now. :lol

TheChaos

Lambtron said:
C'mon more Bemani in the US
So I can get some more cheap controllers and throw the awful US game disc away
please!

How about they do one better and make a GOOD BMIIDX mix and...
...Oh, who am I kidding? This is Konami we're talking about here.

duckroll

shagg_187 said:
MG1 and MG2 remake for PSP please!!!
Make it happen Kojima-san!!

I dunno what the point of that would be. Instead I would be much more interested in a continuation of MPO showing the early days of Foxhound, the initiation of Solid Snake, and eventually what turned Big Boss.

shagg_187 said:
MG1 and MG2 remake for PSP please!!!
Make it happen Kojima-san!!

If they do remake it, I think PSN for both PSN and PS3 would be ideal for it. Also, keep the same viewpoint and dont update the gameplay (well, make it more fluid and all that, but don't have 3D views found in MGS). Just make it nice 3D over head view and it would be great.

duckroll said:
I dunno what the point of that would be. Instead I would be much more interested in a continuation of MPO showing the early days of Foxhound, the initiation of Solid Snake, and eventually what turned Big Boss.

That would be cool.

I wouldent mind seeing simple mission packs using MGS4 gameplay featuring a young Snake or older Big Boss. Playing as Grey Fox would also kick ass.

Ephemeris

Mike Andrade said:
Metal Gear Ac!d 3 for PSP :D

I wouldn't mind that, or another Portable Ops, or something starring a character named Leo Stenbuck piloting some mecha thing called.. I dunno.. Jehuty?

duckroll said:

Well we ALL know that at some point MPO2 will be released so i didn't wish for that :p

Linkzg said:
If they do remake it, I think PSN for both PSN and PS3 would be ideal for it. Also, keep the same viewpoint and dont update the gameplay (well, make it more fluid and all that, but don't have 3D views found in MGS). Just make it nice 3D over head view and it would be great.

Or why not release it as an expansion pack for MGS4! Imagine, MG1 with MGS4 engine :O Then release packs for MGO and later MG2 with MGS4 engine :O

EDIT: Just read your reply on duckroll's comment. Yes! That too!!

Kandinsky said:
ZOE3 for Wii would be awesome.

Ugh. No freaking way. What Konami did with ZOE2 was amazing, graphically speaking. The game also had awesome particle effects that blended so well with the art. With the PS3 hardware, I could imagine 60 FPS with so many things going on on-screen.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Ugh. No freaking way. What Konami did with ZOE2 was amazing, graphically speaking. The game also had awesome particle effects that blended so well with the art. With the PS3 hardware, I could imagine 60 FPS with so many things going on on-screen.

QFT. Kojima is very passionate when it comes to keeping exclusives to it's original console. That said, Wii will_get/is_getting Snatcher, right?

duckroll

shagg_187 said:
Well we ALL know that at some point MPO2 will be released so i didn't wish for that :p

Well that's true. They should just announce it and get it over with. :)

Or why not release it as an expansion pack for MGS4! Imagine, MG1 with MGS4 engine :O Then release packs for MGO and later MG2 with MGS4 engine :O

EDIT: Just read your reply on duckroll's comment. Yes! That too!!

Using the MGS4 engine would be an interesting idea, but the reason I'm not to keen on "remakes" is that unless there's a huge change in the design and script, it would feel kinda lame. Better graphics, more control options, but it would still be the same game. Kinda like Twin Snakes. If they redo too much, they'll fall into the retcon trap which would annoy some people. We already know the MG and MG2 story, so I would really rather have more original stories than a remake. That's just me though.

* Metal Gear Ghost Babel remake for DS or Wii.
* New Rocket Knight Adventure for PSP. ( The 1st Genesis version
notworthy.gif
)
* Lethal Enforces 3 for Wii.

Ephemeris

Jason's Ultimatum said:

lghq0.gif

duckroll said:
.. so I would really rather have more original stories than a remake. That's just me though.

Ditto. I think I'd enjoy some Portable Ops army-building gameplay with a next-gen shine.

duckroll

Why would anyone want a remake of Ghost Babel on DS or Wii instead of another original Metal Gear game, or a sequel to Ghost Babel since you know, it was actually an open ended ending?

Ephemeris

duckroll said:
Why would anyone want a remake of Ghost Babel on DS or Wii instead of another original Metal Gear game, or a sequel to Ghost Babel since you know, it was actually an open ended ending?

Ask the people who want ZOE3 on the Wii. :lol

duckroll said:
Using the MGS4 engine would be an interesting idea, but the reason I'm not to keen on "remakes" is that unless there's a huge change in the design and script, it would feel kinda lame. Better graphics, more control options, but it would still be the same game. Kinda like Twin Snakes. If they redo too much, they'll fall into the retcon trap which would annoy some people. We already know the MG and MG2 story, so I would really rather have more original stories than a remake. That's just me though.

I Hope It's just you :p

Twin snakes was different since it wasn't a HUGE jump and was pretty much remake of a 3D game (and remake of a game that was only half a decade away). MG1/MG2 remake would be a 2D remade into 3D with voice-overs, better interface (duh), better combat (duh) and better way to explain and show the original vision that low-res sprites cannot show or produce. I have played MG1 and MG2 and i stopped playing it more 30 minutes later cause, quite frankly, its unplayable. That's just me though :p

duckroll

Ephemeris said:
Ask the people who want ZOE3 on the Wii. :lol

Okay, that had nothing to do with what I said at all, and you're going to be the first sacrifice to put an end to this ZoE3 system wars bullshit, sorry. :(

shagg_187 said:
I have played MG1 and MG2 and i stopped playing it more 30 minutes later cause, quite frankly, its unplayable. That's just me though :p

Have you tried MG2 in detail? MG1 is really, really dated and fucking hard for all the wrong reasons, but personally I think MG2 has aged very well. The difference between the two is huge.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
I doubt Mike really cares what ends up on Wii and DS going by his post. >_>

Top Bottom