• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the trailer to the Konosuba video game that's coming out: Judge This Sinful Game

And courtesy of /u/Potastic on r/Konosuba, here's a translation:

Kazuma : Why did I pick up that ring..?
Kazuma : Why did I put the ring on so carelessly?
Kazuma : The ring has a troubling curse cast upon it...
Kazuma : It's a curse that steal panties against my will (AUTOSTEAL technically)
Kazuma : FURTHERMORE, IT MAKES ME STEAL WORN PANTIES
Kazuma : Which means...they are FRESHLY WORN PANTIES
Kazuma : From the Popular TV anime, KONOSUBA proudly presents!
Kazuma : In order to pay for the fee to dispel the curse, 30,000,000 Eris is required thus one portion of the game will....
Kazuma : Will be managing maid cafe and idol projects to raise the fees!
Kazuma : Of course, we can't ignore the stolen panties as well..
Kazuma : Of course, the girls can't own up and say they are the owners of the panties, so taking care of their feelings, we will find the true owners of the respective panties!
Kazuma : AND THEN WITH THE PANTIES TRIALS
Kazuma : By cross-examining the testimony, we will find the true owner of the pantie!
Kazuma : That's right, like a proper gentleman, I will return the panties like a proper gentleman.
Kazuma : In the case of returning the panties to the rightful owner, I will be receiving a reward!
Kazuma : If I made a mistake, there would be a punishment awaiting!
Kazuma : For the other half of the game, you can interact with the other characters to develop relationship for their routes!
Kazuma : Uhmm..Let me say this in the beginning...
Kazuma : This isn't meant to be a galge so there wouldn't be any of those twist plot.
On screen : Character Introduction
Kazuma : Supposedly , the god of water....who can't seem to stop getting into debt, Archpriest Aqua
Kazuma : The wielder of "Explosion" Magic! but... her MP is so low that she can only fire off one shot per day, Archwizard Megumin!
Kazuma : Supposedly, one with plenty of defensive skills...but with her weird habits and ability to somehow never hit anything accurately, The perverted crusader, Darkness!
Kazuma : What a useless bunch, however they are my friends.
Kazuma : There are others too, like Darkness's friend.
Kazuma : The first victim of my pantie stealing~! The thief, Chris (Kurisu was written in Japanese so I'm not sure which name to use)
Kazuma : There's also a lich that runs a "tools" shop, Wiz! She's a one of the executives of the Demon King!
Kazuma : There's also Megumin's self proclaimed rival, The archwizard YunYun who is capable of advanced magic! Who is always lonely!
Kazuma : They are all eccentric people but if you want to talk about that.... they will all come to my rescue if needed...
Kazuma : As I expected! Having friends are great!
Kazuma : For the first press edition, it comes with DLCs! which also comes a shooting game as a present!
Kazuma : In addition, you can only hear it if you buy it! Original Drama CD and original game OST comes along with it!
Kazuma : These are pretty rare items arne't they?
Kazuma : I'm sure you guys will buy this won't you?!
Kazuma : Exclusively for PS4 and PS Vita, [Return The Panties] Adventure game~! KONOSUBA ~ Judge this sinful game! Goes on sales 7th of September!
Kazuma : Adventures of paying off the debt~!

Testimony? We going full Ace Attorney, boys.

Maximo

After I kept seeing EXPLOSION! edited in numerous videos I decided to check out what the fuck it was coming from....and I may have binged the two seasons in a few days. Glad I did genuinely funny anime that even at its most blatant fan service or cringe worthy bits I can't stop cracking a smile at the sheer absurdity of it all.
Darkness's comment of *What are you doing to do with my leftover bathwater* killed me.

Cornbread78

After I kept seeing EXPLOSION! edited in numerous videos I decided to check out what the fuck it was coming from....and I may have binged the two seasons in a few days. Glad I did genuinely funny anime that even at its most blatant fan service or cringe worthy bits I can't stop cracking a smile at the sheer absurdity of it all.
Darkness's comment of *What are you doing to do with my leftover bathwater* killed me.

Lol.
In soo many ways this show is so wrong, but ohhh so RIGHT and hilarious as fuck.

Quixzlizx

DDLiPK1U0AAqBEW.jpg:large

Because there is NEVER ENOUGH INFORMATION :

アニメ新企画、始動! ラジオで告知させていただきましたが、ファンの皆様の応援のおかげで、アニメ新企画が始動しました!本当に本当にありがとうございます!今後の続報と、このすばキャラたちにまた会える日をお楽しみに! この素晴らしいファンの皆様に祝福を!

https://twitter.com/konosubaanime/status/889772748150423552

Beware , this has spoilers for Vol 5 & 6 of the books and possibly of the new project

The chances of this being a recap movies are Very very slim... this is new content

Hell yes! Please be a season 3.

I've held off on reading the novels until they get an official translation, so I don't know what happens in them, though I do know a bit about their premise from what little I've heard. I also heard that Volumes 5 and 6 are when the series becomes amazing, and seeing how I already thought Seasons 1 & 2 of the anime were amazing, I'm excited to see how it gets better.

Looking forward to it.

Hell yes! Please be a season 3.

I've held off on reading the novels until they get an official translation, so I don't know what happens in them, though I do know a bit about their premise from what little I've heard. I also heard that Volumes 5 and 6 are when the series becomes amazing, and seeing how I already thought Seasons 1 & 2 of the anime were amazing, I'm excited to see how it gets better.

Looking forward to it.
The novels are already being officially translated! I own the first couple volumes. They're pretty amusing, as you can probably guess :p

The novels are already being officially translated! I own the first couple volumes. They're pretty amusing, as you can probably guess :p

I'm aware. Earlier in the thread I gave my review of the first novel. I haven't been able to read Volume 2 yet, but am planning to get it soon and Volume 3 when it comes out. I was referring to the official translation of the volumes after the anime ends.

Cornbread78

Konosube OVA2
LOLOLOL.
Hrw9VFK.png

Qgq6k4T.png

Hmm, on purpose? hmm...

W8e6NDz.png

tM3CQeS.png

How's this design Nintendoman?

wMrbEqL.png

The reaction faces in this episode were on point!

Not as good as the epic OVA1, but still a pretty funny adventure for this useless crew. Also, the end boss of the mission was something straight out of a lot of Anime Gaffers dreams...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Some new large size tapestries were announced.

MFiWWSJ.jpg

lL0Abop.jpg

RQs1yGP.gif

Those things are huge.

Worst goddess got a shit tier figure announced.

K9U6s9i.jpg

List Price
16,740 JPY
Our Price
16%OFF13,980 JPY

q0iPtB0.gif

Eris pads her chest 👏

Konosuba OVA 2

This was hilarious. I agree with those saying its not as good as the first, but it's still great, and certain moments had me laughing hard. I like how Mitsurugi showed up and Kazuma made fun of him for how their fight went the first time.

I also liked the added backstory to the Golem's creator, and the final boss was great. Seriously, Kazuma? You just read the guy's diary. How could you not expect that?

Also, there's a pretty funny Konosuba meme that's been going around r/anime for a while where Kazuma is referred to as "the guy" instead of his actual name. It's a reference to a pretty funny thread (found here) where the OP called Kazuma "the guy". Everybody liked it, since it shits on Kazuma the way the show constantly does, and him being called "the guy" is something I could see happening in the show as a joke. They liked it so much they started referring to Kazuma as "the guy" a lot from then on.

Yeah, the OVA was still pretty neat.

When the diary for the golem's creator was being read, I saw the guy's appearence and said "wait, isn't this guy...?" Then it progressed, and I started going "oh no" mentally increasingly loudly until The Reveal, which ended up basically being mental screams of "OH MY GOD". And we haven't seen the last of that guy's stupidity, either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom