• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Episode 10

l5MfImD.jpg
u4PqdCI.jpg

Savage.

Holy crap, that animation :O
Wow.

And funny as always, and as always too many good moments to actually bother listing them : P
And as always, lots of giffable scenes that I can see having great uses. Someone make them and post them here : P

Sad it's already over, next season soon, pretty please?

Linkark07

Banned
How I wish they would take a season break and return with a new season of Konosuba in summer. Instead, most likely we will hate to wait till Winter 2018 :(

Cornbread78

Damn, that little girl and her screams going back and forth between cheering on Aqua and stoning Darkness was hilarious. Wiz was a beast and Aqua finally useful! Also, that
dead Kazuma shifting around in the slime was hilarious, especially when his skull rolled out from inside out past everyone...
It's a shame this show is already done! I really hope they keep adapting the show each year!

Konosuba S2E10 - FINAL
Amazing ending to an amazing second season of Konosuba. They adapted everything perfectly and I was let dying in laughter several moments this episode. Especially every single time they randomly panned to Kazuma's bones in a different position.

The entire season was great, every episode leaving me out of breath. Season 3 when?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Amazing.

Chunchunmaru

The audio gag when Kazuma approached Hans and they both made that noise had me laughing.

Of course Konosuba would defy expectations and make slime one of the most dangerous monster types.

The ending seemed really low key for this group :p

Kazuma should be even richer now since he defeated one of the Demon King's army leaders right?

Dave1988

Wow, Aqua was actually somewhat competent in this ep. What sort of trickery is this?

This hand of mine glows with an awesome power!
Its burning grip tells me to defeat you!

Amazing final ep to an amazing season. Waiting for S3 will be hard T__T

Got a review up today for the series. I really feel it was Konosuba at its best yet. But the way the series went out doesn't give me a lot of faith in a Season 3. God I would love to be wrong though, but I've been burned by too many other half adaptations to believe in it blindly.

Episode 10

That... was... amazing.

There were so many wonderful moments. The pacing at the beginning of the ep seemed a bit quick, but that was the only thing approaching a problem I had with this episode. I knew that
Hans was a bad guy
before watching, but thankfully, with Konosuba, there isn't really much to get spoiled on, and even so, knowing what's coming doesn't detract from the experience one bit. I was laughing so hard this episode.

It was strange seeing the crew be so... competent. It's really unlike them. Also, badass Wiz was great. And Aqua was actually useful and kinda badass for once...
Then she screwed it all up, but hey, who's going to miss the Axis cult anyways.

Skeleton Kazuma was also funny. That life and death gambit was brave on his part.

A wonderful finale, and I can't wait for S3.

Hey guys, was looking on the r/anime subreddit, and I found out there's a Konosuba special event scheduled for April 9th. Here's the poster:

C6-XequV0AAXWf7.png

There's no guarantee a new season will be announced then, as the JoJo event this month showed, but there's a good chance.

Got a review up today for the series. I really feel it was Konosuba at its best yet. But the way the series went out doesn't give me a lot of faith in a Season 3. God I would love to be wrong though, but I've been burned by too many other half adaptations to believe in it blindly.

Considering it's the most successful show of the season when it comes to Blu-Ray sales, and considering that DEEN greenlit S2 because the first season was doing so well, and considering DEEN isn't Madhouse, I think Season 3 is more of a when than an if.

exfatal

forgot this season was 10 eps. A piece of me dead today when i found out today was the last ep. Man such an amazing episode Wiz was awesome

Hey guys, was looking on the r/anime subreddit, and I found out there's a Konosuba special event scheduled for April 9th. Here's the poster:

C6-XequV0AAXWf7.png

There's no guarantee a new season will be announced then, as the JoJo event this month showed, but there's a good chance.

Considering it's the most successful show of the season when it comes to Blu-Ray sales, and considering that DEEN greenlit S2 because the first season was doing so well, and considering DEEN isn't Madhouse, I think Season 3 is more of a when than an if.

I'd definitely like that but I think I'll keep my expectations low, I've been burned before. I would never say no to more Konosuba though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'd definitely like that but I think I'll keep my expectations low, I've been burned before. I would never say no to more Konosuba though.

They've covered 4/11 volumes of the source material. They could probably just keep making them for a couple years if they wanted.

They've covered 4/11 volumes of the source material. They could probably just keep making them for a couple years if they wanted.

Oh definitely, there's more than enough. I've just seen other anime I loved, that seemed quite successful
I have no idea about their BluRay sales
had plenty left to adapt and... nada. I'd kill for them to adapt it all. So I'm crossing my fingers as hard as anyone, I just don't want to raise my hopes only for nothing to come if the worst happens.

Quixzlizx

I was anticipating Darkness' expression when she found out Hans was a slime all episode, and she delivered.

And it's just too perfect that Aqua's final move was powered by prayers extolling the virtues of being an irresponsible fuckup.

Trojita

C6-XequV0AAXWf7.png

The girls on that cover

3yo9fTz.gif

There will definitely be an OVA and a new season at some point.

Trojita

Freeing, with their lazy creativity, is making a Megumin figure. Megumin is looking good at least.

Yunyun seems like she would have been more appropriate for one of their figures.

Phu

Banned
Can't believe the season is over already. They really pulled out all the stops on that last fight though.

Dead* when the final prayer for the god blow was "eris pad her chest"

Don't change konosuba.

Well near perfect adaptation of this arc , they really nailed this season

Damn that last scene with every member saying why they are in this cult was freaking amazing.
And Wiz kicking ass was also very well done.

I need a S3

C6-XequV0AAXWf7.png

Is this show decently popular outside of Gaf, etc?
I need more.

spiritfox

Man this season totally blew the first season out of the water. Especially the entire hot springs arc, it was perfectly done.

i felt this last episode a bit too weak, a lot of shit felt forced and they should stop listening too much to the fans and just keep doing what they were doing right in the beginning

cant wait for season 3 though

only saga of tanya the evil and acca 13 left for me to watch

Puruzi

Banned
i felt this last episode a bit too weak, a lot of shit felt forced and they should stop listening too much to the fans and just keep doing what they were doing right in the beginning

What?

Things that happened in this happened in the novels. This isn't an original series so fans didn't change anything.

I thought this ep was supposed to be pretty faithful to the original material?

In what way?

What?

Things that happened in this happened in the novels. This isn't an original series so fans didn't change anything.

the animations looked even worse and the jokes a bit too forceful, so i guessed they were doing what they said they would do when they received all that feedback by the fans to make the animations look worse and what not because that gave it a certain charm

now, i havent read the novels if that how it happens then i dont know what to say other than i didnt enjoy the last episode as i did the rest i suppose

Quixzlizx

the animations looked even worse and the jokes a bit too forceful, so i guessed they were doing what they said they would do when they received all that feedback by the fans to make the animations look worse and what not because that gave it a certain charm

now, i havent read the novels if that how it happens then i dont know what to say other than i didnt enjoy the last episode as i did the rest i suppose

I can tell you that the animation was not a huge factor in the novels.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

?

The animation is amazing and fluid as always. And I say that as someone who worked in animation/CG/VFX for years. Staying on model and having pretty screenshots does not equate to good animation.

https://youtu.be/5HsNmUYUhf0

https://youtu.be/-KQBCsDSNr8

https://youtu.be/oC2HqRS1qjo

Come again?

I can tell you that the animation was not a huge factor in the novels.

?

The animation is amazing and fluid as always. And I say that as someone who worked in animation/CG/VFX for years. Staying on model and having pretty screenshots does not equate to good animation.

https://youtu.be/5HsNmUYUhf0

https://youtu.be/-KQBCsDSNr8

https://youtu.be/oC2HqRS1qjo

The animation looked worse??? What the hell? The animation was great this episode like factually

maybe im not using the word animation right

i mean reactions these two for example

https://j.gifs.com/KOyDYx.gif
https://j.gifs.com/ElpwZg.gif

Relceroi

Neo Member
maybe im not using the word animation right

i mean reactions these two for example

https://j.gifs.com/KOyDYx.gif
https://j.gifs.com/ElpwZg.gif

It seems you just dislike the way the characters and their actions are sometimes drawn in an exaggerated manner. Anyone else is welcome to correct me if I'm mistaken but strictly speaking that is not what animation is. Animation basically refers to the sense of movement that you get from showing still images in close and rapid succession, and a lot of the time Konosuba has very fluid and lively animation. There's lots of movement.

As far as I see it, any animated work should aim to use strengths of the medium, such as exaggeration, to its benefit whenever possible.

Puruzi

Banned
It seems you just dislike the way the characters and their actions are sometimes drawn in an exaggerated manner. Anyone else is welcome to correct me if I’m mistaken but strictly speaking that is not what animation is. Animation basically refers to the sense of movement that you get from showing still-images in close and rapid succession, and a lot of the time Konosuba has very fluid and lively animation. There's lots of movement.

As far as I see it, any animated work should aim to use strengths of the medium, such as exaggeration, to its benefit whenever possible.

3TP5uW4.jpg

Fantastic finale. Everyone who went to the hot springs got a chance to shine in an epic way this episode. I thought the balance between the humor and the action was great too, because I busted out laughing several times this episode.

In the end, this season actually surpassed the first for me. Looking forward to more, and now that Yen Press has released the first volume of the LNs, I'm looking forward to reading the series too.

I thought this ep was supposed to be pretty faithful to the original material?

They did change the very last sequence so that there wasn't a cliffhanger, probably because they weren't sure if there was going to be a Season 3

If they do go ahead with another season, it would be easy to begin it with that cut scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom