• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 8

This is great and continues to be great. There were so many great laughs this ep. From Darkness basically having an orgasm as she's dragged behind the cart (I love her reactions; and Kazuma's horror towards them). Aqua attracting the zombies and nearly killing Wiz was also funny; she really does have low intelligence.

Also, we got to see Verdia/Beldia again. Anyone know if it was the same VA as S1?

The Axis cult really is a cult. I was laughing so hard at their frequent and blatant attempts to convert Kazuma and Darkness. The woman screaming out for help, and the child, were the best ones. The cult so completely fits Aqua's character; it's not even funny (It's absolutely hilarious).

I love how they left the bone for Darkness. Joke's on them; that probably turned her on.

And finally, poor YunYun.

tumblr_om5u5y7eB61tqsu3ro1_540.gif

Quixzlizx

I knew what was coming because I've read the novels, but lmao.

I love how Aqua turns into a smug, arrogant piece of shit whenever she does anything, good or bad.

And I can't decide whether the "don't I know you from somewhere?" scam or the dog bone for Darkness was better.

LotusHD

Banned
I knew what was coming because I've read the novels, but lmao.

I love how Aqua turns into a smug, arrogant piece of shit whenever she does anything, good or bad.

And I can't decide whether the "don't I know you from somewhere?" scam or the dog bone for Darkness was better.

Definitely the dog bone.

convo

I love that Aqua's pathetic aura and character is reflected so well in her followers. Spitting whenever Eris comes up must have been a core rule she wrote down for her cult.

Hastati

Kazuma not hesitating to drag Darkness from a carriage during their great escape, and of course she intentionally starts spinning in place to cause herself more pain. Talk about a destructive relationship lol

This show is an Aqua-style blessing.

Rad-

Best parts were the dog bone part and that none of the crazy Aqua followers seemed to wear any panties like Aqua.

So I dropped this early in S1 because I wasn't completely feeling it and didn't understand why it seemed popular.
Every time I see this thread bumped I consider giving it another shot.

Finally got back going on it and man the haunted house and succubus episode back to back completely sold me.

Cornbread78

So I dropped this early in S1 because I wasn't completely feeling it and didn't understand why it seemed popular.

Finally got back going on it and man the haunted house and succubus episode back to back completely sold me.

The show is definitely an amazing spectacle of comedy, lol. Welcome back aboard. If you think that episode 9 was interesting, make sure you watch the OVA before starting season 2, lol.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Glad you're back!

Crayolan

Wasn't too hot on the first half of the episode (though I liked how overly dramatic it got) but the Axis cult is amazing. The fucking dog bone killed me.

Man I think one of the things im liking is that there is no clear best girl.
Like it is Darkness and then Megumin comes in and steals it.
Aqua is the worst but then she slips in and takes it.

So I just finished ep 6 of season 1. I can't say that it's the best thing ever, and the gags seem to repeat themselves, but I'll keep going. EXPLOSION!

I am constantly surprised at how the art can look amazing one episode, and yet so derpy in another. If only the show looked as good as these gifs 100% of the time

Ascheroth

If that was the case, it would be the case all the time I would think. I'm pretty sure the true reason is budgetary constraints... and Deen
No, it's intentional. Pretty sure I've read a translated interview with the director about this.
And I don't think 'Deen' as a derogatory term has much meaning now that they're knocking it out of the park with both Konosuba and Rakugo :p

Quixzlizx

yes, the director does it on purpose.

It's actually a creative decision for the show to appear that way at times. There was an article about it on ANN prior to this season being aired.

I mean, Studio Deen is known for shitty animation, even when it wouldn't be a "creative choice." But I'm sure they'll happily say it's a creative decision.

yes, the director does it on purpose.

It's actually a creative decision for the show to appear that way at times. There was an article about it on ANN prior to this season being aired.

No, it's intentional. Pretty sure I've read a translated interview with the director about this.
And I don't think 'Deen' as a derogatory term has much meaning now that they're knocking it out of the park with both Konosuba and Rakugo :p

I mean, Would the director really come out and say the real reason is because of x y and z. "Creative Decision" is an easy cop-out answer for these types of things, especially when they want to make it seem like it was their decision without angering their employer or claiming something they really had no control over such as when it comes to things like budgetary reasons.

But hey, if it truly is creative decision all to them for hitting their mark.

Ascheroth

I mean, Would the director really come out and say the real reason is because of x y and z. "Creative Decision" is an easy cop-out answer for these types of things, especially when they want to make it seem like it was their decision without angering their employer or claiming something they really had no control over such as when it comes to things like budgetary reasons.

But hey, if it truly is creative decision all to them for hitting their mark.
Just read the interview

Hastati

I didn't think much of Darkness in the first half of S1 but now she may be my favorite character. All of them have come into their own crazy in S2 though.

Although Aqua will forever be worst girl (worst everything). Mind you, she's hilarious.

I really can't wait to see where this nutso story goes.

Also as a casual sakuga fan, despite the overall animation quality being low it's a very pleasing show. So many great visual gags and striking expressions done on a low budget.

Actually I have no idea what the budget is for this show, but it definitely doesn't always work, even if intended. Still majorly loveable.

blakep267

Man I think one of the things im liking is that there is no clear best girl.
Like it is Darkness and then Megumin comes in and steals it.
Aqua is the worst but then she slips in and takes it.
Nah it's still darkness and I say that having nothing against Megumin. But since Darkness came back she's had the most screen time with Kazuma aside from Aqua but yea that's aqua

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I mean, Studio Deen is known for shitty animation, even when it wouldn't be a "creative choice." But I'm sure they'll happily say it's a creative decision.

Even when the artstyle goes derpy, the animation is still smooth and fluid. I'm pretty sure it's more a creative thing, even if part of it is to maximize on what budget they have.

Nah it's still darkness and I say that having nothing against Megumin. But since Darkness came back she's had the most screen time with Kazuma aside from Aqua but yea that's aqua

From what I heard about the Light Novels, if there is a season 3 it will end up being heavily Megumin focused.

From what I heard about the Light Novels, if there is a season 3 it will end up being heavily Megumin focused.

Season 1 is getting the main 4 together and getting you used to their characters
Season 2 is the Aqua and Darkness arc.
Season 3 would be the
Megumin, Chris and [redacted] arc.

Lets all pray to Eris for Season 3, because VN5/6 is where the series jumps onto an even more upward trajectory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom