• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koreans all looking the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

100116-30259.jpg
Was about to post that

GabDX

Banned
They have all been photoshopped to have the exact same skin tone. I think that's the main reason why they all look so similar.

Az

My wife enjoys Korean TV shows and I swear all they talk about is skin care. Cream this, exfoliate that.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
US for reference:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/gallery?section=news/entertainment&id=8950903&photo=1

damn, how many pounds of makeup were used in the making of those photos... jeez

I'm always amazed by the amount of girls in these competitions that are unattractive to me. I guess maybe its because of the type of girl that gets into these pageants, but damn.

Also holy photoshop batman.

Photoshop smoothing and the roundest chin I've ever seen.

Is that bloom and clown makeup?

What are you looking at?

Not exactly attractive.

I don't find her all that attractive enough to be a Miss America competitor either.

MrHicks

Banned
these competitions should ban plastic surgery ones outright
isn't the point of these peagaents to find the most "natural beauty"

its like a body builder entering a contest with bicep/sixpack/ass implants

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Has this picture been doctored? No to be insensitive, but the younger children look affected by some sort of syndrome.
It is "fake" because those aren't their children. It was made for some public message, not a real family photo. It has been said a million times but it is posted without fail in any thread discussing how Koreans look. It also so happens that such topics are made pretty often, which is strange to me since plastic surgery is also very common in other places. South Korea has a "higher rate" but it is mostly from very common small procedures, not a majority doing complete face overhauls.

I remember talking to some girls from Hong Kong and they were talking shit about how Korean girls get double eyelid surgery but they have them naturally, so they are prettier than Korean girls. That's a load of shit because some Koreans have double eyelids naturally and some in Hong Kong have mono eyelids, but even if it were true as exclusive ethnic traits, it just goes to show how widespread the cultural preference for them is and how some minor surgeries become very common.

Americans often like to act like they're hot shit being so enlightened, but let's see you grow up in a 1000x more homogenous (in all respects, not just ethnic) and hypercompetitive place and see how you think the nature of beauty works then.

Ok without makeup they don't look too strange.
3rd from the left bottom row, omg qt3.14.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Americans often like to act like they're hot shit being so enlightened, but let's see you grow up in a 1000x more homogenous (in all respects, not just ethnic) and hypercompetitive place and see how you think the nature of beauty works then.

3rd from the left bottom row, omg qt3.14.

In response to the bolded, there are other countries just like this that don't have such an obsession with cosmetic surgery. It seems like a pretty uniquely Korean thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom