• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kororinpa 2 Thread of Spelling Eror

batbeg

I never did buy the first one (always £40 in shops which I found hard to justify next to the price America was getting) but I'll probably pick it up now that it can probably be had for cheap. I'm excited for this simply because the genre is fuck awesome though.

Day one for me too. Love love love the first one.

Is there a release date for the sequel? It'll be the first time I used my Wii in months...

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hot damn. I loved the first one... It took me almost a year to track down a copy.

This one just looks infinitely better.

Day 1.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
First game was fucking awesome, one of my favorites on the Wii... the graphics have been markedly improved in this game, and the new features sound great (Balance Board, WiiConnect24, Level Editor, Marble Designing)! I just hope the music is great and the levels have some of the charm of the original (i.e. that dessert level)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm glad they listened to my suggestion for balance board support. :) How can Wii Fit come out with the marble minigame, and then Kororinpa 2 not support the balance board? It just makes no sense.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Aw hells yeah. Day 1.

Hopefully there are more stages than the first. Or maybe online stage sharing since they added an edit mode. :eek: That would be great. I'm going to make some hardcore platforming levels. Jumping around the levels was very satisfying but there was only 1 level that required you to do it.

edit: Oh, so there is WC24 support?! Awesome.

fernoca

Nice..the first one was cool...
Anyway, maybe Neigbor is just a random name...or some kind of abbreviation..or created name ..or something to fit in a possible 7 characer limit.

Amir0x

Banned
Sounds reaaaally improved. It'd have to do a lot to top Marble Meltdown Revolution - and without the mercury physics and color mechanics it'd be hard to top the complexity - but it is taking some very nice steps.

Will buy, although I hope this comes in at 19.99. No excuse not to after Meltdown.

Amir0x

Banned
Akai said:
It'll probably be 40, just like the first one...

i know the first one was super overpriced. I wouldn't feel quite as bad as paying that for this version of Kororinpa given the features, but they should settle at 29.99 at the most.

Amir0x said:
Sounds reaaaally improved. It'd have to do a lot to top Marble Meltdown Revolution - and without the mercury physics and color mechanics it'd be hard to top the complexity - but it is taking some very nice steps.

Will buy, although I hope this comes in at 19.99. No excuse not to after Meltdown.
No offense about MMR, but after picking it up based on your impressions from that other thread, I can safely say that Kororinpa absolutely blows it out of the water. The main reason for this is how INCREDIBLY SLLLLOOOOOWWW the gameplay is in MMR. Even at full tilt, it takes your blob a painfully long time to travel across flat surfaces - and don't even get me started about travelling up inclined slopes. This is further compounded by the much-ballyhooed puzzle elements, which so far have offered very little in the way of thought-provoking challenge and have only served to slow down the pace of the game even further. (I've completed the first four labs, which I understand is around half of the game). It does have a few admirable qualities, such as a larger variety of obstacles and gameplay elements in the levels, but mechanically its so far inferior to Kororinpa that to suggest that it even deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence is quite frankly, a little insulting.

Amir0x

Banned
nincompoop said:
No offense about MMR, but after picking it up based on your impressions from that other thread, I can safely say that Kororinpa absolutely blows it out of the water. The main reason for this is how INCREDIBLY SLLLLOOOOOWWW the gameplay is in MMR. Even at full tilt, it takes your blob a painfully long time to travel across flat surfaces - and don't even get me started about travelling up inclined slopes. This is further compounded by the much-ballyhooed puzzle elements, which so far have offered very little in the way of thought-provoking challenge and have only served to slow down the pace of the game even further. (I've completed the first four labs, which I understand is around half of the game). It does have a few admirable qualities, such as a larger variety of obstacles and gameplay elements in the levels, but mechanically its so far inferior to Kororinpa that to suggest that it even deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence is quite frankly, a little insulting.

Since your post is factually incorrect (edit: I thought before anyone gets e-OUTRAGED I should state this is only a joke) I can only assume that you didn't play it at all. But if you did, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, I appreciate your opinion but if your feeling is it's too slow you're not going to get much sympathy out of me concerning your viewpoint.

The gameplay is deliberate, obviously, because it's far more complex and difficult - and as a result, is incalculably deeper and more rewarding than Kororinpa. But even considering that deliberate pacing, once you become good at the game you can shave literal MINUTES off your time by taking daredevil shortcuts and whatnot.

That said feel free to disagree as you would, but most people seem to have rightly been more than a little disappointed by Kororinpa's outrageously overpriced contentless challengeless marble rolling, which stood out only by contrast to its lack of comparable third party offerings at the time.

With that in mind, I enjoyed it a lot as a more leisurely ballroller and intend to buy this which seems dramatically improved and so much more packed to the brim with gameplay.

j0nchan

the story/narrative looks reminds me of pikmin now.

for the sake of everyone mangling the name, i would propose renaming the game 'marble mania 2'.

Linkup

The first one had some awesome designs for the levels, especially the first half of them. This is the kind of game that should be on wish lists, it's the wii's KD if you ask me. Hopefully it turns out really good and doesn't flop.

Top Bottom