• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Installing Xbox One games takes way too long; comparison

You make no sense at all. It's a question of data structure. An open world game might still be able to play after a third of the install, rather than a quarter. But GTA is not some vast new software design unknown to man. You would, in fact, have the first mission and the city loaded in first. All later mission data in chunks afterward.

Also SSD owners like yourself are leading technology's curve so you may have to wait for the mass market to catch up before Sony and MS give a facsimile of a flying fuck.

post-24396-Jay-Z-clapping-whew-gif-Imgur-HXZq.gif

jayu26

im sorry but, show me the actual netstats that have 40 gigs of data being transferred in under 1 minute

not even professional file share hosts like Rapidshare can achieve that throughput.

and if its merely the time it lets you "play as we finish installing" then thats crap cause its not the same thing, if those Xbox times are completed installs.

and nice job using NBA Live, rather than 2K, which took a hell of a lot longer than just 1 minute to install during the Giant Bomb stream where they played atleast 2-3 full "quick match" games before it was completed

oh and forgot to add the part of how the entire PS4 ran like hot garbage during the install process, for every game, including during gameplay.

an unstable rocket taking off faster doesnt exactly make it better. but telling the whole story wouldnt work as well with clickbait journalists who also have a comment section in hopes of boosting their "average time on site" Alexa rankings from all the fanboys "burning" the product that performed less in their totally scientific study, which will result in ad companies paying more to get a better chance of exposure on such a popular forum!

What the Shit! Are you drunk?

First: those are not time to complete install on Xbox.
Second: does it matter if they used NBA Live or 2K, as long as they used same game across both platform.
Third: this is first time I'm hearing about games running unstably during playgo. Anyone want to back him up?

martino

Need confirmation with games that take disk data reading into consideration.
Console was full dematerialized at first.

Aj174

Neo Member

Second: does it matter if they used NBA Live or 2K, as long as they used same game across both platform.
Third: this is first time I'm hearing about games running unstably during playgo. Anyone want to back him up?

Lol i've had no problems with playgo, man is drank

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I can safely un-back him up because in my experience what he's saying is total BS.
KZ was downloading and installing while I was playing it, I remember that well, and I haven't noticed a hitch in the framerate or anything unusual.

I started playing KZ:SF about two minutes after I stuck the disc in. I played Resogun while DCUO downloaded and installed; no problems at all. If anything I was amazed at how fast it was. I played KZ:SF while downloading and installing Warframe. Again, no problems there.

If anyone is having a problem with Playgo they should probably get their PS4 replaced.

I will second the unbacking. I've played several games while installing, and not a single hitch that I noticed. I was actually preparing for a bit of chugging during installation, and was surprised when there was none.

johnny956

When I got my ps4 I downloaded Resogun, contrast, DC online, warframe. After I started those downloads I started up Killzone. Not a single performance issue.

Top Bottom