• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: reviewer targeted for giving UC4 negative review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile20

That review is missing an 'as'. That's hilarious. It's also pretty terrible, but I'm. Not going to start a petition or anything.

Your post has a random fullstop and capital 'N' but I'm not going to start a petition or anything.

Anyway, gamers seem to get angry over anything, it is a shame.

1- Terrible review
2- More terrible that Metacritic included it
3- Even more terrible that there's a campaign demanding its removal.
4- ????

I am going to take the contrary view here on Gaf and say that while reviewers are allowed to have an opinion, so too are people allowed to have an opinion about a reviewer. If this review really is as poor quality as people are saying (I haven't read it) and Metacritic arbitrarily assigned a score to it, then it deserves to be called out.

Sure, a review can be criticized, absolutely, but doing a petition to remove it from an actual log of critical reviews just because you don't like it is immature and petty.

I mean, gamers are crazy.

But, I mean, it's a JOKE review, that Metacritic just decided was a 4/10. So in all honesty it really shouldn't count.

But who cares I guess.

“This guy doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously by big , crucial sites like Metacritic,”

what's wrong with ya'll?! You gamers are crazy /Pastor Manning

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
we've had enough meltdowns over this already

RalchAC

I don't think there is any need to go that far because of a review, tbh.

But I've just read it and I can help but think I've lost my time.

The game spends an important part of its time doing the following:

A) Saying the game is unnecessary and there shouldn't have been as many Uncharted games.
B) Complaining because its premise is that you are a treasure hunter stealing other countries treasures and stuff.
C) Saying the story is bad and why it's bad.
D) Style over substance.

And others. It felt like an opinion piece about why the reviewer doesn't like the story in Uncharted, not a review. They don't talk much about performance, acting, encounter design, gameplay, the quality of the set pieces...

It's an awful review (in my opinion, of course). But the best thing you can do is just ignore it and hope it gets buried under the other 100 or so reviews this game is going to get. Not giving it so much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom