• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: The Collapse Of Visceral's Ambitious Star Wars Game

ape2man

Sounds like there were mistakes done by a number people and some poor handling of situations. Doesn't feel it's all on EA's plate.

DNMExLWUQAAssL4.jpg:large

@Neil_Druckmann: False.

Who said that? of course its important

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Fantastic article and from someone who use to work at EA Van this really doesn't surprise me

Something that stood out to me was the demand from producers for "innovation like the gravity gun from HL-2"

Am I odd to think that not every game needs this "innovation"?

jacksrb

Fantastic article and from someone who use to work at EA Van this really doesn't surprise me

Something that stood out to me was the demand from producers for "innovation like the gravity gun from HL-2"

Am I odd to think that not every game needs this "innovation"?

Feel mixed about that idea. I would say that a Star Wars game doesn’t require that unique hook in that “uncharted in Star Wars” would get people pretty juiced, but then you see something like Shadow of Mordor really capture peoples attention with a unique hook (the nemesis system).

What really struck me was the truth that it is unreasonable to expect a new team (for that genre, at least) to compete with uncharted 4 in the first iteration - especially with a smaller staff.

Top Bottom