• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyle Bosman is Leaving Easy Allies

iconmaster

Banned
EZA's pledges have been declining for a year and are now at levels not seen since 2018. I'd genuinely be concerned that Kyle leaving could represent an existential threat to the business.

In the Q&A, Kyle revealed that all 9 team members have equal stakes in the company (about 19:30 in). I think that was a mistake, in retrospect.

Last edited:
EZA's pledges have been declining for a year and are now at levels not seen since 2018. I'd genuinely be concerned that Kyle leaving could represent an existential threat to the business.

In the Q&A, Kyle reviewed that all 9 team members have equal stakes in the company (about 19:30 in). I think that was a mistake, in retrospect.

Having equal stakes was definitely a mistake and should've had to be rectified after the first year. If Kyle decided to open up right away a patreon account to do whatever, EZA is doomed right away. That's probably why he dodged the question when asked repeatedly last night.

There are taxes involved and production costs that eat a lot into that number. Those guys are probably not making much money at all if that patreon is all they have and it's supposed to be for 9 people.
IDK how much they make but it's Patreon, Youtube, Twitch and merch.

Azurro

Banned
IDK how much they make but it's Patreon, Youtube, Twitch and merch.

Regardless of the source, they have to be paying taxes on the income received from Youtube, Twitch, etc, plus whatever deductions they have to make for having 9 people on the payroll, plus production costs, if they have to spend money on inventory storage of that merchandise and many other hidden costs.

That 42,000 per month minus all those costs divided by 9 means no one is making all that much money.

drganon

Regardless of the source, they have to be paying taxes on the income received from Youtube, Twitch, etc, plus whatever deductions they have to make for having 9 people on the payroll, plus production costs, if they have to spend money on inventory storage of that merchandise and many other hidden costs.

That 42,000 per month minus all those costs divided by 9 means no one is making all that much money.
Not to mention they live in California. Ain't exactly a cheap state to live in.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I have 3 post graduations in engineering and 2k usd is like 6 months of work for me in my country. Please,let me know if this gas station is still hiring. I'm not joking.

I think you might not be taking cost of living into consideration, that might sound great but every single other expense is multiplied. They also don't give out visas to work at a gas station.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I have 3 post graduations in engineering and 2k usd is like 6 months of work for me in my country. Please,let me know if this gas station is still hiring. I'm not joking.
wow man that is a shame. What country do you live in? Is your cost of living high? I have an associate degree and make 65k a year plus benefits and pension. I'm also far from rich where I live.

Top Bottom