• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LA Times: Nintendo's white PlayStation 4 debuts [sic]

Josh378

Sony now spotted it lol, quality.

awquard.png

LOL...Glad Sony Is watching the GAF boards consistently....wondering if MS and Nintendo are watching NeoGAF as well.

acklame

June 12, 9:14 a.m.: In the June 12 Business section, a story about the E3 video game trade show stated that Nintendo Co. was releasing a "glacier white" PlayStation 4. Sony Corp. makes PlayStation.
:lol wtf?

Nintendo games on the PS4 would be game over for Xbox One....and we though gaming journalism was bad.

Note: Nintendo games on the Xbox One would probably put it on top too.

EulaCapra

Photo courtesy of Peter Moore hehe. Headline is wrong. Photo caption is so, so wrong. Newspaper headline summarizes E3 2014 with a color... Thank you.

Decent article though.

Sonicbug

Ha. I remember laying out an article that mentioned videogames once and having to go through it to fix the errors in consol names and stuff. The editor was a 65 year old woman so the conversation was me calling her saying "yeah, I'm just gonna correct this for you."

La times probably outsources their layout to India or has a machine to it. Copy desk probably doesn't care/exist. Prepress/press probably laughed and let it go.

That correction is terrible though.

hachi

Banned
I guess this was written by someone's grandparents. Every game system is a "Playstation"

Nope, that sounds more like a 25-year old. If you're actually in advanced years, every video game is a Nintendo, and those play stations are just more Nintendos.

Articles like this always make me wonder about the rest of the news. How much information is as badly distorted as this, that I wouldn't immediately recognize as wrong?

apana

I am not sure how the financials of it would work but I would like to see Nintendo and Sony team up. Nintendo will retain independence and do their own thing, the games will simply release on PS4 and future consoles. Nintendo remains in charge of the handheld sector. I get all my games in one place.

So now all gaming consoles will be referred to as "Playstation 4's" out of respect of it's complete dominance.

ex. "This game is a multiplat - it'll be on all the current and Next-Gen Playstation 4's"

ex. 2 "The Playstation 4 360 version will allow you to transfer your saves to the Playstation 4 One version."

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
The winner of E3 has been found! To everyone's surprise it was LA Times who emerged as the victor amongst the participants.

I rarely laugh for stuff from the net out loud but this made my day. Absurdly fake, right? But not??

Based on the headline and the photo, I can't even tell if the article is about the Wii U or the PS4. A total failure on all fronts.

Haha wow.

I got real excited for a second when I saw nintendo's white playstation 4, but you know they're just gonna keep cranking out halo sequels on it over and over. Yawn.

zruben

Banned
you guys don't get it... nintendo trademarked the color... as in... the new Playstation 4 will come in "Nintendo's White".

kirby_fox

Banned
Ha. I remember laying out an article that mentioned videogames once and having to go through it to fix the errors in consol names and stuff. The editor was a 65 year old woman so the conversation was me calling her saying "yeah, I'm just gonna correct this for you."

La times probably outsources their layout to India or has a machine to it. Copy desk probably doesn't care/exist. Prepress/press probably laughed and let it go.

That correction is terrible though.

In high school as an editor I let a guy put in that Microsoft was rumored to announce a new console right after they launched the 360. Not really paying attention to gaming news much at the time, I let it slide.

It was only after the article published I looked up his rumor to find he was looking at the code name for the 360.

Top Bottom