• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga ARTPOP |OT| It could mean anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
I'd love to go see Gaga live but the tickets for the pit are something like 100 euros and Idon't have the money for that right now... Seats are much cheaper but there's no way <i'm sitting during a concert.

I remember back when Madonna was charging like $300 dls for an entry to a concert on one of her last tours and people were complaining, she answered back saying she's worth it and that people spend that money on random shit all the time and why won't we all spend that on a great night and a great show.

at the time, I read it and said "mmhh.. no Madonna, disagree".

but then I watched the "sweet and sticky" tour videos on Youtube and holy shit... what a show, the dancers, the virbations, the music. Absolutely worth it. Besides being like 55, those tours were probably the last time people were going to see a fit and active madonna on stage

to summarize, if you have the chance to see a pop star of that caliber live, think twice before dismissing the idea based on pure financial reasons.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
While obviously paying top dollar to see somebody that can actually perform is a must, especially if they only come around once every couple of years, iirc Madonna's comment was in relation to that 'intimate' Paris gig she did where she turned up late, was only on for like 45 minutes and spent ages ranting at the audience. If you're going to charge that much you best bring it not hype shit up and bring your C game like she did.
I'd quite happily pay ~£150 to see my faves in good seats, I just need friends with better music tastes and actual money management skills
ih6wDtCUYpiKj.gif

Subaru

I remember back when Madonna was charging like $300 dls for an entry to a concert on one of her last tours and people were complaining, she answered back saying she's worth it and that people spend that money on random shit all the time and why won't we all spend that on a great night and a great show.

but then I watched the "sweet and sticky" tour videos on Youtube and holy shit... what a show, the dancers, the virbations, the music. Absolutely worth it. Besides being like 55, those tours were probably the last time people were going to see a fit and active madonna on stage

to summarize, if you have the chance to see a pop star of that caliber live, think twice before dismissing the idea based on pure financial reasons.

Sticky and Sweet was awesome, but the last tour was kinda boring. Also, she didn't sing two songs in Brazil and never explained why.

About the price, shows are very expensive in Brazil, the "Premium area" for MDNA Tour was about 400 USD and if you're not there you can't see shit.

EDIT:
madonna_sp.jpg

That large cyan area is the Premium area

Alrus

Well I sure as hell wouldn't pay 300 bucks to see the MDNA tour, that album was shit, as much as I love Madonna. And even then, that kind of pricing is a bit much imo, no matter what kind of artist you are.

Also, the issue is more that I just don't have the money to spare and not I'd prefer to spend my money on other things. I spent much more on concert/festivals in the past for the exact reasons you pointed out :) But this year I'm just too broke to go see anything (I'm missing Tomorrowland too, despite that festival being the best experience I've ever been to in the past) :(

Nemesis_

Well I sure as hell wouldn't pay 300 bucks to see the MDNA tour, that album was shit, as much as I love Madonna. And even then, that kind of pricing is a bit much imo, no matter what kind of artist you are.

Also, the issue is more that I just don't have the money to spare and not I'd prefer to spend my money on other things. I spent much more on concert/festivals in the past for the exact reasons you pointed out :) But this year I'm just too broke to go see anything (I'm missing Tomorrowland too, despite that festival being the best experience I've ever been to in the past) :(

I really blew the bank this year. I basically said fuck it and just bought all the tickets to shows I was remotely interested in.

Gaga (M&G), Ellie Goulding, Janelle Monae & Kimbra, Justin Timberlake and Kanye. Crazy year for me for shows. Good touring season I guess.

The artRave is only two weeks away. Kind of excited to see if she's still got it. Roseland got me semi excited but of course it wasn't enough.

FatBaby

After Hatsune Miku, it looks like a group called Crayon Pop will be the warm up for shows starting from June 26th to July 22nd. At least according to the Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom