• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life |OT|

Me too! His best album without doubt

Man, Heroin is really THAT song, I love it so much

i never thought i would see another hardcore kissland fan on GAF lol.

and yes. definitely his best album. captures everything about trilogy in a more commercial release sort of way

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Did not expect Stevie Nicks wtf

Change is stunningly understated for her. This is what is what I want out of a piano ballad. Obscene doses of melancholy.

NateDog

Just listening to it now, getting very heavy Blackest Day (and Yayo, actually) vibes from 13 Beaches, Cherry and White Mustang. That was my favourite track on Honeymoon but hard to dig these since they sound so similar, at least on first listen.

Jzero

I only liked the first two and last two songs on this album unfortunately.

Paradise and Born To Die are more my type

NateDog

Had a full listen over the course of a few days (not ideal but the only time I had for it), not a fan so far. Generally with Lana's stuff it takes me two to three listens before I properly like it, but even then there is always at least 2-3 tracks that I like a lot or that I think stand out and honestly there's very little that stands out to me on this album. Two of the last 3 songs are OK, still don't like Love (after a brief period of telling myself I did) and Lust for Life is OK for a "play in the background" kind of thing but I don't think it's good at all. Even with Honeymoon (which I actually like a fair bit unlike most, although I do think it's weaker than BtD and Ultraviolence) there were a few tracks I liked on my first listen. Maybe I'm just becoming a bit desensitised to some of the recurring themes and lyrics in her music. Some that would be something I'd normally ridicule I would let pass on the first couple of records but I almost felt here like I'd heard most of this before. I also feel like she rarely pushes her voice to her limit on this record, personally I can't remember one stage where she did.

I won't completely come down on the album just yet anyway and will give it a proper listen again soon and see where I am, but this time I'm doubting my mind will change.

Majmun

Album of the year so far for me. The quality is constant.

The only track I don't like is God Bless America.

Some tracks are very powerful. I love Change

Agram

Melon gave her 6/10
His previous reviews were BTD 3/10, UV 2/10, HM 5/10

I'm so happy her album is well received and is selling well.
Coming for that #1
ojNj1DY.gif

NateDog

A little over halfway through it again, liking it a little more but still don't really think it's that good. Sticking with thinking 13 Beaches and White Mustang are very similar (and not as good as) Blackest Day and the same for Cherry with Yayo. Little else has stood out.

Fjordson

I've gone through it a bunch since last weekend and I love it. Don't know if I like it more than Honeymoon, but at worst it's her second best album for me.

Only nitpicks are the Weeknd and Rocky features. Still not feeling them.

Ratrat

I've gone through it a bunch since last weekend and I love it. Don't know if I like it more than Honeymoon, but at worst it's her second best album for me.

Yeah, I really dont care for them.

The latter sounds really bored.

Finally having listened to it, it's pretty good. I can say objectively it's probably top two of her discography so far. First half of the album in particular is really strong, but right after Groupie Love I feel like the album is really boring and too lowkey, which sucks because Stevie is on this part. Should have given her something to chew on. Feel like it doesn't pick back up again until the last three songs.

That being said, Ultraviolence is still my favorite from her and I'd probably still reach for BtD before this as well. Idk, I really dig her ballads and stuff but I wish she would mix it up more. Sometimes guitars, drums or even synths fit her really well. Someday she's gonna put something out that will blend all of her styles and everyone is gonna cream themselves.

Give us Go Go Dancer and Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight next to all these ballads Lana!

wtf for some reason I missed her 3rd album let alone know she had a 4th. Strange that this thread is not big too, i thought she had a lot of fans here.

Top Bottom