• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last day for the Smash Ballot votes!

Voted for Zael. I've got a soft spot for The Last Story.

*imagines amazing moveset that will never happen*

ihgeEKo28P7kQ.gif

KingBroly

Banned
Not sure if Ridley will make it in, but I want another Metroid character already.

"In honor of Metroid Prime Federation Force, we are proud to introduce Toon Samus to Smash Bros., who is now the canonoical version of Samus, being better in every way. On top of that, we're nerfing Zero Suit Samus and Greninja to hell because I, Masahiro Sakurai, feel like it. Her amiibo will be in an exclusive amiibo 3-pack with 2 generic Federation Soldiers, available only at Wal-mart."

pizzacat

Banned
If this is the case then I don't understand why they set a deadline at all.

In fact the whole situation is kind of weird. It's set up like a "suggestions," box but it was announced with a ending date and with the goal that whatever character wins would become DLC. In theory a poll with a list of requested characters would make a lot more sense than something like that. Also Nintendo proceeded to never mention it again IIRC.
Who has tho thumbs and doesn't give a crap

Nintendo

And bob kelso

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

In fact the whole situation is kind of weird. It's set up like a "suggestions," box but it was announced with a ending date and with the goal that whatever character wins would become DLC. In theory a poll with a list of requested characters would make a lot more sense than something like that. Also Nintendo proceeded to never mention it again IIRC.

no it wasn't?

Neoxon

That was never the goal.

Ogodei

They could publish filtered results for eligibility: video-game-first characters who have appeared on a Nintendo console and are not currently owned by Microsoft.

Neoxon

They could publish filtered results for eligibility: video-game-first characters who have appeared on a Nintendo console and are not currently owned by a current competitor in the gaming hardware market.
FTFY, now it surely covers both Microsoft & Sony characters. But in all honesty, Banjo suggestions were probably filtered like Goku or Shrek votes.

As for the ballot still being up, Sakurai probably already made his picks months ago.

RomanceDawn

You think ridley won?

Sakurai knocked the wind out of every Ridley supporter as far as the eye could see. They are crushed and defeated. The wimps. Even if he won't be made playable this game, still vote and show your love in hopes that he makes it next game!

Before Sakurai gave his explanation(which in some ways I understand but in many ways I call absolute BS), Ridley supporters were still vocal. For years you would see Ridley at the top of fan polls all the time. Usually only below Mewtwo and always tied up with K Rool or slightly above him. At the very least I'm glad Sakurai knows he is a hot topic and wanted by many.

The idea that Sakurai was hyping hazard Ridley as something for fans to get excited over makes me feel bad for him knowing just how he is with fan reactions. Of course you have the few haters who go "yes, Ridley is a boss, that's all he should ever be!" But then it seems like everyone else and I mean everyone is either disappointed that Ridley isn't a fighter or others who don't care either way, feel he ruins the Pyroshpere stage. It was always going to be a no win situation for Sakurai.

Boss Doggie

I would really find it hilarious if Shrek was that popular.

Imagine Smash Mouth in Smash.

Zubz

Banned
For real, is shrek still popular? I

As an actual series? No. As a meme, however, it is, as it happened long enough ago for it to be weird to see come out of nowhere, but not so long that it's totally forgotten.

And, of course, because of its "meme" status, Shrek (And John Cena, since that wasn't a meme when the Ballot started but is likely Rick Roll-tier in terms of popularity) probably ate up a disappointing portion of the polls.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
As an actual series? No. As a meme, however, it is, as it happened long enough ago for it to be weird to see come out of nowhere, but not so long that it's totally forgotten.

And, of course, because of its "meme" status, Shrek (And John Cena, since that wasn't a meme when the Ballot started but is likely Rick Roll-tier in terms of popularity) probably ate up a disappointing portion of the polls.
So it's not.

Right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

Boss Doggie

For real, is shrek still popular? I
You know DonkeyBoney, sometimes things are more than they appear

I dunno, even the disappointing Shrek 3 and 4 movies sold more than the actual good DW films that came between and after them.

And that makes me angry and sad. :(

Raitaro

Managed to put in one more Simon Belmont vote for good measure. Really hope he makes it somehow, despite being a third party character. Just imagine his unique play-style based on mid-range whip attacks and sub weapons, and also how cool an actual Castlevania stage would be!

If Konami really wants to convince us they still care about using their IP's for actual games, working with Nintendo to put Simon in Smash would be a good start.

(And if not Simon, then Snake, Alucard or even Bomberman would also suffice.)

Top Bottom