• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last single player game that made you cuss in frustration?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
My pick is Fighting Raven beak in metroid dread. It took me about 50 tries to beat this asshole.

It was cruel because every time I thought I beat him, I realized he had another form. Dropped a ton of F bombs and FU's on this jerk.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I REALLY enjoyed Tactics Ogre Reborn but FUUUUUCK that final boss, I beat it but it was super frustrating.

Last night I’m playing MGS, Vulcan Raven 2nd battle. Going in, no health, barely any ammo or resources like Claymores or whatever. We were both down to one last hit left and he got me after about 30 attempts. I finally got my game plan down, I’ll get him soon but fuck. These harder difficulties don’t fuck around. I don’t know I got through them as a much younger man.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

SMB2_Famicom_Title_Screen.png

Some sections of this game are hard as shit. Still, not nearly as difficult as it's reputation would have you believe. It's also a pretty damn good Mario game.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Bloodborne. "It's so good!" they said. In reality? Cheap boss after cheap boss.

"You have to git gud!" they said. Not wasting my time on a game that doesn't respect it. I don't have the level of ADHD required to torment myself. Now I just don't play soulslike games. At least I didn't have to buy Lies of P to learn that I was also going to dislike it.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Wanted: Dead. Solid action game but the lack of polish makes some moments in the game a living hell.

Plus, them checkpoints, amirite ? 😁

Anyway, just got Ghosts n goblins resurrection and...as much as I want to love it I just can't, it's just too mothafuckin' difficult with absolute goddamn bullshit spots...fuck this game , I think I just wasted my money on this, shit's not fun.

Reactions: stn

stn

I forgot to mention Lies of P. Chapter 11 in that game pissed me the hell off, lmao. I even ranted here about it, haha. I was very pleased when I beat it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Lords of the Fallen. Right when I made it to final boss and the game crashed and then erased 4-5 hours of my playthrough .

1/10 garbage ass game.

rapid32.5

Last level and Boss in Lies of P, huge downhill in quality from the start. I will skip the sequel for sure.

Last edited:
The first Assassins Creed which I am playing through right now. Forgot how clumsy the platforming is. Also on my first assassination section so dumb bitch kept following me the entire time asking for money. I found out in the second mission that if you blend in and walk praying they leave you alone eventually.

Pimpbaa

MJ segments in Spiderman 2. Not because they were hard but because of their inclusion to begin with combined with how awful they were.

Krieger

XCOM 2. There were too many times when I took one wrong step and activated at least 3 pods at once including 1 with an Alien ruler. Or trying to run away from a Lost horde while running into another one and somehow ending up with so many Lost that the game can't keep up and crashes. Or the final mission at Legends difficulty spamming me with Sectopods. Or all the missed +90% shots.

Longcat

"You have to git gud!" they said. Not wasting my time on a game that doesn't respect it. I don't have the level of ADHD required to torment myself. Now I just don't play soulslike games. At least I didn't have to buy Lies of P to learn that I was also going to dislike it.
Git gud.

CashPrizes

The most intense shouting of Profanities was Darkest Dungeon 1. I would seriously miss on one swing that would have ended a battle or killed the back line enemy mage, and I would just violently cuss the game out like "FUCK YOU YOU MOTHER FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT GAME! FUCK YOU!" When your team is falling apart and you just need to get out alive, there is no way to save scum, and that one miss which should have been a 90% chance to hit, whether or not it resulted in me losing characters, the injustice of the miss is what worked me up.

Going back in time, Alundra is a good one, certain X-com games, World of Warcraft. Definitely had a few bad deaths in Dead Cells that got me swearing.

Last edited:

Crayon

Oh I start cussing well before any frustration sets in.

But I get what you're saying. The last one that was making me lose my shit was FF7R on hard. That hell house fight. I would never throw a controller but I was definitely acting out and playing all desperate when I needed a break just piling on failed attempts. And yeah there was a lot of yelling and turning to my wife intermittently to rant about the situation while she doesn't flinch from her phone.

SimTourist

Not cuss per se, but while playing Callisto Protocol after just beating AW2, RE4R and DSR an hour or two in I just said "this is kinda shit", turned it off and deleted. A waste of good money.

kikii

AC: Valhalla , simply cuz it was missing 1 collectable fish and missing also some npc's, got plat trophy after 5months of waiting updates to fix it ^^

If you ever think about trying it again, use the whip weapon(threaded cane) for the entire game(and upgrade it) in combination with one of the shotguns and some arcane spells. Then go forth and enjoy the best modern Castlevania experience you’ll ever get to play.

The whip has an incredible range so that you have time to dodge attacks and gain spacing. A Shotgun with the whip will be good for any enemies who rush down and try to spam attacks. Arcane spells here and there will handle things in between. You can platinum the entire game with just these things and not pull your hair out while doing so.

It’s still a shame that none of the other Fromsoft games had a whip as anywhere as good as Bloodborne’s.

Last edited:
Top Bottom