• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest ‘Muppets’ Video Features New Voice Of Kermit The Frog

Asked a friend of mine who's a Muppet fiend and he said he felt the new voice sounds much closer to Jim Henson than Whitmire did in his last few years.

Sounds like Kermit to me!

Ivan 3414

Wouldn't have noticed a difference if it wasn't pointed out to me; granted, I didn't exactly grow up with the Muppets

Matt Vogel sounds more like Jim Henson's Kermit, as opposed to Steve Whitmire's Kermit. Not bad and I'm sure he'll get better in the role as time goes on.

I've listened to thousands of Kermit recordings and can tell you that Matt's Kermit is subpar at best.
But seriously it sounds like Kermit making one actor out to be the end all be all of a character is just silly

DJ_Lae

Sounds good to me.

My daughter has been watching the last couple of Muppet movies on repeat recently and there are quite a few parts in Most Wanted where Kermit sounds terrible. This is an improvement.

Cool. Now can I have another season of The Muppets?

Sometimes it feels like I'm one of only a handful of people who actually liked that show. I'd take more!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Cheryl Henson, a Jim Henson Co. board member and daughter of the late Muppets creator, followed the Muppets Studio statement with a Facebook post about the firing of Whitmire, claiming that his version of the story was “ridiculously self serving” and that he performed Kermit as a “bitter, angry, depressed, victim.”

Anyone have any examples of this?

Camjo-Z

Don't like it yet, but it was just a short clip and I could warm up to it. That said there are a few other recasts I could never get used to, Statler and Waldorf just sound terrible now.

Anyone have any examples of this?

In recent Muppet material (the 2011 movie, Most Wanted, the ABC series) Kermit was pretty depressed a lot of the time but it was kinda ridiculous to blame Whitmire for it. If they don't want Kermit to act like a victim maybe stop writing stories where he loses touch with all his friends, gets thrown in a gulag, and has constant relationship drama with Miss Piggy?

Yeah, he definitely sounds more like Jim Henson's Kermit.

Must be weird for people who got used to Steve Whitmire's Kermit and distanced themselves from the original Henson performance only to now be closer to the memory they tried to leave behind.

maruchan

Is he still the voice of Ernie? It seems he has been doing Kermit and Ernie since hensen died. Did he do the Despacio parody..

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
iaOvsIF.gif

Okay.

Credo

I just want seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet Show released on disc. It's been over 9 years since season 3 was released, so I think it's basically hopeless at this point.

Top Bottom