• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers FREE WEEKEND on Steam

Looks like this will some gamers who were really on the fence and didn't want to plunk down cash due to their concerns with the low playerbase a chance to see if it's truly for them. I've been getting bored playing D2 PVP so it look's like I'll be jumping back in with some fresh new players to play with.

How much longer until the weekend where they pay me to play? Might jump in then.

awww how cute, the shit poster wants attention. If you are going to make a first post for the sake of making a negative comment defend it in that comment itself, otherwise it is a shitpost and just begs for attention and negativity. It's frankly annoying and shouldn't be allowed on this board at all as it deters any respectable form of discussion. It's people like you who make gaming culture so toxic and what makes developers avoid amazing boards like GAF.

Kayant

Happy to see this finally here. Bad timing again with COD(Yes even if COD isn't anywhere as big as it is on console). I would guess they wanted to push for it mainly because of having a discount promo on now which is a good shout.

Looking forward to some new blood hopefully the dozensofus.gif that try it will stay for the ride.

Patrick S.

Banned
It is my opinion that the game is not worth my time on it's own merits and that they would have to provide me monetary gain before I'd be willing to subject myself to it again.

I'm not sure what's unreasonable about that. The game is bad, that's not a neogaf thing, that's pretty much an accepted reality at this point.

Edit: Actually, let's say the game isn't worth many people's time or money, that's a more fair assessment then just saying it's bad.

lolol

Sini

I don't think it's that people dislike Cliffy B., it's that nobody in the PC space - which this game is geared towards - cares about him after over a decade of making console-oriented games. So obviously their marketing campaign of "CLIFFY B'S NEW SHOOTER" fell on uninterested ears.

I don't like him and I don't remember why.

Mendrox

I've seen a few interviews with him and he just seems like a gauche, "look at all my money" dickhead to me. They weren't satirical either.

Wel a few days ago he said that he tries to change though. It really didn't help the game that he shit on Overwatch before LawBreakers released at any chance. Cliffy is still a good guy though, but the game won't recover anymore which is sad for all that work people put in it, but that is the fate of many games on Steam currently.

amdb00mer

Top quality shit post.

The hate boner GAF has for this game is unreal.

I would not say I had a "hate boner", but I was not impressed by all the videos on youtube and the reviews. However, I decided to buy a cheap PS4 key from one of those "sites". I actually ended up liking the game and have added it to my daily MP rotation. I play an hour or so each time. Even though I like it, I think $29.99 is too pricey for what you get. Some of the modes are really the same, with slight variations. Uplink and Overcharge are really the same mode (charge item/download data and then protect until the timer counts down for a score) and then Turf War and Occupy are the same as well with a slight variation (occupy zones for a quick score to 16 or an accumulative score of 200). I hope more people give it a try this weekend and hopefully they will do the same free weekend for PS4.

Wel a few days ago he said that he tries to change though. It really didn't help the game that he shit on Overwatch before LawBreakers released at any chance. Cliffy is still a good guy though, but the game won't recover anymore which is sad for all that work people put in it, but that is the fate of many games on Steam currently.

Nah, he's 11 years older than me. He really should know how to act.

Xater

I don't see thus helping them much. I mean there were a lot of people playing the beta and that didnt convince them.

Ploid 3.0

Man I thought this went f2p for a split second. I would try the free weekends but data caps, unless the game is pretty small. 2-3 days for many gigs doesn't seem efficient.

Beepos

I really really love UT gameplay, but haven't tried this because of all the crazy zero g movement and systems - is it really that heavily used in gameplay?

Marcel

Offering a free few days on a product most people are ambivalent on, unaware of or simply don't care about won't change much. They are just delaying the inevitable.

It is my opinion that the game is not worth my time on it's own merits and that they would have to provide me monetary gain before I'd be willing to subject myself to it again.

I'm not sure what's unreasonable about that. The game is bad, that's not a neogaf thing, that's pretty much an accepted reality at this point.

Edit: Actually, let's say the game isn't worth many people's time or money, that's a more fair assessment then just saying it's bad.

Although I actually think the game is pretty good (that seems to be the general consensus as well), this post is a whole lot more valuable than your edgy hot take of a first post.

I'm not saying I think you should get banned or anything, I just think it's kind of a garbage post.

Tain

This game rules and people should give it a shot.

I really really love UT gameplay, but haven't tried this because of all the crazy zero g movement and systems - is it really that heavily used in gameplay?

It is. It's not as hard to come to grips with as I expected, though, honestly.

N21

BossKey needs a new strategy because the current one clearly isn't working. I knew when Cliffy opened his mouth, things would go south.

Top quality shit post.

The hate boner GAF has for this game is unreal.

Don't really get why since the game itself isn't that bad. But I have never seen a game go down this quickly. Even battleborn had longer legs. Considering all the marketing he doesn't seem to have done anything wrong other than releasing in a saturated market. But he tried at least.

If this were on Xbox I probably would have given it a go but I couldn't so I got overwatch instead this weekend. Actually had genuine interest in this game too.

Great!

I have the game, but I will play it a bit more.

Mind you, I don't have problems with matchmaking on regular times (late afternoon), but I do get wrecked pretty often.

I've always been interested in this game, but waiting for a (major) sale. I'll definitely try it for free. At least that way I'll know whether to continue to keep my eye on it or to let it go.

JWiLL

Banned
Guys, Cliffy never "shit on" Overwatch. He consistently acknowledged how great it was during press tours while trying to distance Lawbreakers from it.

The "none of that $60 mp only" slogan he was using was just that, a marketing slogan.

Anyway, this free weekend could not come at a worse time. No FPS should go up against call of duty even in beta form. I don't expect this weekend to help the player count at all.

xrnzaaas

A bad decision? It's the last chance to do a free weekend before mass number of shooter fans divert their full attention to CoD. Also the idea of a free weekend is generally to convince you to buy on impulse, that's where's there's a sale at the same time (however 25% off is not nearly enough imo).

I played this for free in the beta. Has it changed enough to try it again?

They just added regenerating health on all classes along with some other balance changes. I didn't play the beta so I'm not sure how that compares to launch, but those changes make the matches feel quite different from launch in my opinion.

Sweet! Will give it a shot! The game looks really cool and Cliff is a great game dev, I just haven't had the funds to pick this up. Glad I get a chance to try it considering I got into the betas, but forgot about them and missed out.

Msyjsm

This opinion is well explained and if this were your original post I won't have made my comment at all.

I'd actually say this follow-up post is even more of a waste of time, as there are still no actual criticisms given and reading it just takes up more time than the previous post, which was more clearly "shitposting" and thus was easier for my brain to ignore.

The first sentence just restates the previous post in a less confrontational way, the poster then goes on to state that his opinion is "accepted reality", and then the point is restated in slightly different terms to lend itself more credence.

Anyway, back on topic: this game looks pretty fun, and hopefully enough people will be playing this weekend for me to get a sense of how the game "should" feel. But it'll probably go back to being dead after the weekend is over, unfortunately....

Top Bottom