• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Layoffs Begin Next Month at the Site of Trump’s Famed Carrier Deal

netBuff

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...month-at-the-site-of-trumps-carrier-deal.html

By the end of the year, Carrier will have laid off 600 workers from the plant and moved the work to Mexico. That will leave the Indianapolis plant with 730 manufacturing workers — significantly fewer than the 1,100 jobs Trump said were staying in the U.S. The plant will also continue to employ several hundred technical workers who were never slated to lose their jobs. In exchange for keeping the factory open, Carrier is getting $7 million in tax incentives.

A secondary part of the deal Trump struck with the company called on Carrier to invest $16 million in the Indiana factory. This, Trump said, would lead to more jobs. “The 1,100 is going to be a minimum number.”

That was wrong too. The $16 million has been earmarked for increased factory automation.

netBuff

Trump visited this Boeing factory to celebrate jobs. It just announced layoffs
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ate-jobs-it-just-announced-layoffs/?tid=sm_tw

Five months ago at a Boeing factory in South Carolina, President Trump proclaimed, “We are going to fight for every last American job.”

On Thursday, workers at the North Charleston plant learned they’d soon face layoffs.

The South Carolina plant was Trump’s first company visit outside the Beltway after he became president. The point of the trip was not to unveil a major economic policy or promote a new White House initiative, though. Rather, Trump celebrated the launch of the company’s new Dreamliner model.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Anyone tired of winning yet?

Mr Swine

Banned
So what's new? His die hard supporters don't and won't believe this, they will scream FAKE NEWS until their heads turn blue :/ but then again I hope that the ordinary people wake up and throw his ass out of the white house

Blader

So what's new? His die hard supporters don't and won't believe this, they will scream FAKE NEWS until their heads turn blue :/ but then again I hope that the ordinary people wake up and throw his ass out of the white house
His supporters in these communities will believe it when they're still laid off.

I'm surprised. This is one of those rare times when he didn't make good on a promise.

That's because he promised to help people there, which is a thing Trump is incapable of. The promises he's kept are all about hurting other people, which is arguably his biggest talent.

VariantX

I'm surprised. This is one of those rare times when he didn't make good on a promise.

He only makes good on promises that tend to fuck people over if it helps give you perspective on his "promises". Coal miners bout to learn his promises aint worth the coal dust stuck under their nails at the end of a days work.

Oh well, he tried.

I wonder if Trump will even save one single coal or manufacturing job by the time he's done in office. And y'all can talk like his supporters will still support him but after months/years of unemployment or significantly worse paying jobs... I think not.

Top Bottom