• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Luigi87

What I didn't know until watching icu's latest v-log, and I find surprising, is in spite of each being "UNIQUE Passive: 10% Cooldown Reduction", that Kindlegem and Warhammer still stack with each other. I didn't think things like that could.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
What I didn't know until watching icu's latest v-log, and I find surprising, is in spite of each being "UNIQUE Passive: 10% Cooldown Reduction", that Kindlegem and Warhammer still stack with each other. I didn't think things like that could.

in this case i think it just means it doesn't stack on the items themselves? so you can't get two warhammers for 20% reduction?

zkylon

zkylewd
now that the thread's done, i can go back to playing overwatch hehe

honestly been having a ton of trouble balancing both games

Luigi87

in this case i think it just means it doesn't stack on the items themselves? so you can't get two warhammers for 20% reduction?

Yeah apparently so. I just figured it would be universal for all items, as opposed to self-contained to the individual items.

Edit: Note to self, when the MATCH FOUND appears the second you hit Queue Up, don't click it... Now I'm with a 4-man D=

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Only Unique NAMED passives dont stack.

zkylon

zkylewd
also he hasn't posted in a while but many congrats to ferrio for getting engaged!

and hope everyone liked the ot, idk if removing a bunch of information stuff was a good idea but i really didn't have much time to do anything else and i lost the old psd to like quickly reskin it :<

looks good zky
who's your fave overwatch waifu
i like tracer the best but i also play a ton of reinhardt, lucio, symmetra and mercy. i used to play a lot more d.va on the beta but ppl got really good at fighting her so i struggled a lot on launch until i figured out how the her boost->melee push thing works. now i'm playing her more since she's really fun

but yeah my favorite is tracer, really fun to play, i really like her design and i'm usually a fan of short range weapons in fpses like smgs and shotguns so she works pretty well with me

Luigi87

Edit: Note to self, when the MATCH FOUND appears the second you hit Queue Up, don't click it... Now I'm with a 4-man D=

Well, nvm. It went well
JLjtB06.png

Yeah, Neko's right, she might need some fine tuning... but until then, Imma ride this wave!

I just don't want them to nerf her to a bad spot, 'cause well, main and all that.

I feel Bronze II is the bronze hell, just cant get out

I agree with what I'm seeing right now.

It's like for every W there's 1-2 games with someone like that GP top who just doesn't know wtf to do..

That's why I'm thinking I should go premade with other Bronze folk who I know have some kinda handle on shit.

I agree with what I'm seeing right now.

It's like for every W there's 1-2 games with someone like that GP top who just doesn't know wtf to do..

That's why I'm thinking I should go premade with other Bronze folk who I know have some kinda handle on shit.

I know right, you just simply get paired with someone who is pretty bad or is trying a new champ and became super toxic when he/she fails.

Like thats the purpose of the Dinamic queue to play the role you know to play not to test others role you dont know, thats normal matches are for

killatopak

Time for me to get back to the game. Been playing TESV for a while.

I can finally pick a carry top this patch because of new trinity. Fuck tanky top meta.

faridmon

I really don't know what she offers that others don't do far better. Heals? Raka has you covered. Poke? Most any of the "supports" champs do that better (I say "support" cause they're really mid laners who people take bot for w/e reason). Her CC ult? Her speed boon? Janna is far better in both IMO.

She offers constant harass and sustain. reducing her abilities just to heal and poke is diminishing her quite a bit. She is a very safe champ with great utility in and out of battle. Not only does she heals but offer small shield as well as have a natural ''Exhaust' ability which can turn the battle in lane. Her poke can be very powerful early game, in fact I have had more dmg out put than entire bot in the first few levels.

The thing is, she is a very safe champ which is important. She doesn't rely on skillshots, neither does her timing of her ability feels split second thing. The stress level is minimum which is important in ranked games as you want to focus on helping the team rather worry about your ability. She counters alot champs just because of her lane control, disrupt a lot of last hits from their adc and generally sustain your ally.

The reason why you have tough time with her, is that she requires a good positioning skills which alot of Bronze players lack, or simply used to take dmg just because they are used to playing other supps. She has the lowest HP of any character and simply have no escape. So if you are in the wrong place, you are done for. Also, you need to be good at dodging skill shots from the likes of Blitz, Thresh, Leona, because once connected, it can be fatal.

She is an Jack-of-all-trade. Janna has better shield, Nami has better Heal, Morgana has a better protection, Braum has a better peel, Thresh has a better utility, Bard has a better escape, but what she has is all of above put together, and if your game awareness is up to snuff, she is a viable champ in Bronze/Silver level.

Silver IV and III are actually the worst Bronze hells =P

Goddamn it. Just when I thought Silver V was hellish...

Apparently Riot is in talks with NA pros about Dynamic Q?

It's starting to sound like Riot is planning on doing something similar to DOTA in regards to MMR splitting.

Apparently Riot is in talks with NA pros about Dynamic Q?

It's starting to sound like Riot is planning on doing something similar to DOTA in regards to MMR splitting.

Rumor apparently

The only way they solve high elo woes are one of two ways:
Make D+ solo queue only, no partying, no selecting roles

Release a bunch of Diamond support bots.

in b4 page 3.

Anyone seen this Azir Wukong bug?Last wukong game I was playing cloned to close the gap on Azir, but he must have realised my plan and ulted. He missed me, but my clone just kept bouncing off his shield wall until my clone died.

Repeatedly bouncing off it. :s

Leezard

Yasuo main who begged for two bans, then proceeded to say that he would need camp since he couldn't play against Ekko. He gets camp but still gives up and flames when he's 2/2. Proceed to go 2/7, blame our team, call for open mid despite that we are ahead as a team.

We carried that sad piece of crap to a win, but the tilt was real.

Tizoc

I'm not on the hall of shame?
Either zky zky-chan is mad at me or I don't post enough in these threads :V

patchday

I asked this in LCS thread but got no response.

Why are we seeing Karma in pro play a lot now? At first I thought it was to counter Zyra but even when Zyra is not played I still see lots of Karma in the NA.

Any thoughts why the sudden shift? I don't recall seeing any direct Karma buffs (pros are on 6.10 patch I believe)

Don't say such horrible things.

I'll try to find a moment to log on before 'horrible' people start banning her. Irelia is quite nasty though in Top and freakin' mid.

* by horrible: I meant 'mean' people! Lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm kind of surprised irelia got really op off that trinity force change alone, maybe she had been secret op for a while and ppl just figured it out

she's due for a minor rework, i don't think she needs that massive of a change, tho probably she needs a less weird ult and probably a more streamlined passive. the rest of her kit could probably just have smaller changes

Why are we seeing Karma in pro play a lot now? At first I thought it was to counter Zyra but even when Zyra is not played I still see lots of Karma in the NA.

Any thoughts why the sudden shift? I don't recall seeing any direct Karma buffs (pros are on 6.10 patch I believe)
she got a bunch of small buffs over the patches during the first half of the year while tank supports been getting nerfed (mainly alistar and i think recently relic shield)

and like ppl at msi seem to have figured out that mage supports are pretty good (nami, soraka and even sona were played at msi) and she seems like the strongest of the bunch thanks to her whos strong her early-mid game is. also she's a flex pick which is really valued in competitive

Luigi87

I'll try to find a moment to log on before 'horrible' people start banning her. Irelia is quite nasty though in Top and freakin' mid.

* by horrible: I meant 'mean' people! Lol.
Lol
No it's true. Like Neko said Irelia actually does need a nerf... I just need to capitalize on this sudden power spike as much as I can.

i'm kind of surprised irelia got really op off that trinity force change alone, maybe she had been secret op for a while and ppl just figured it out

she's due for a minor rework, i don't think she needs that massive of a change, tho probably she needs a less weird ult and probably a more streamlined passive. the rest of her kit could probably just have smaller changes

Anyone who played her def. knew the new Tforce would extremely benefit her (though I hadn't considered her Q becoming so good until Neko pointed out icu's thoughts on it)
The CDR already boosting her abilities to proc Sheen with her already fairly low cooldown on her ult helps, but on top of that the 40% attack speed (up from 15%) means landing several more True Damage autos off with her W.

Just had to FF a game where Bot Jinx and Leona got shat on by ADC Raka and Support Teemo so they decided to just afk mid as they spammed emotes.

Normals in the wooden elo..

Luigi87

Get into queue
Person assigned Mid wants to go Jungle and keeps telling our Jungler to go Mid. The Jungler doesn't, so when it comes to Mid's turn to pick he acts like he can't select, then dodges.

... right...

Get into queue
Person assigned Mid wants to go Jungle and keeps telling our Jungler to go Mid. The Jungler doesn't, so when it comes to Mid's turn to pick he acts like he can't select, then dodges.

... right...

Been trying to get a game for 20ish mins cause people keep dodging. :/

Also long ass que times. 7 mins? really?

Luigi87

Well just won. Enemy Poppy was AFK so it was easy for me. Enemy couldn't requeue 'cause of an early kill on the enemy Akali.

Into Silver I! Hopefully I make it through this without much difficulty.

Edit: Also passed 250k mastery points with Irelia.

Edit 2: Well just learned that still vs. Nasus... BotRK is still pretty much needed to dual him. One I just faced, new TForce + Ionian boots, ugh, QQQQQQQQ. Fortunately we won the game.

patchday

she got a bunch of small buffs over the patches during the first half of the year while tank supports been getting nerfed (mainly alistar and i think recently relic shield)

and like ppl at msi seem to have figured out that mage supports are pretty good (nami, soraka and even sona were played at msi) and she seems like the strongest of the bunch thanks to her whos strong her early-mid game is. also she's a flex pick which is really valued in competitive

Thanks for the detailed response. As always you guys rock

Been loving Karthus, feel like the absolute dream late game build for him would be ...
RoA, SE, RCS, LT, and a Death Cap or Morell.

Wanna see if I can get that build in a game. Seems like it would have to be a long ass nightmare game to get to that point though.

Wow, just had a fucking game where the JG Diana and Teemo top were premade and both went afk after she fed the enemy JG a kill.

Shits annoying .. I don't see how Riot thinks this is only a high elo problem. I simply don't like playing with or against premades if I'm not in one. There's tons of things like this that happen when you mix premades with reg solo people.

patchday

Shits annoying .. I don't see how Riot thinks this is only a high elo problem. I simply don't like playing with or against premades if I'm not in one. There's tons of things like this that happen when you mix premades with reg solo people.

probably not the right attitude to have though. Playing with a premade can be an audition of a sort giving you the chance to get invited into their group.

Now playing against one.... I'm not going to comment. I have no idea if I'm going up against a premade in LoL. * Most games put stars by their names to indicate this but never noticed this in LoL

Top Bottom