• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

TheFlow

Banned
its an elise skin. Elise calls her spiders "her darlings" in game.

elise player here.

plus riot said they had no plans of a zyra skin for a while due the complexity.

or I could be wrong and it is zyra. but Elise incoming

Zyra. The hips don't lie.

Leblanc_5.jpg

Zyra got robbed

its an elise skin. Elise calls her spiders "her darlings" in game.

elise player here.

plus riot said they had no plans of a zyra skin for a while due the complexity.

or I could be wrong and it is zyra. but Elise incoming
Zyra hasn't gotten a new skin in almost 3 years

I think that constitutes as "a while"
how would a zyra skin be complex

just retexture her damn plants.
Her plants need new models so the skin isn't shit

Her plants need new models so the skin isn't shit

protip to riot-make a good model/skeleton for your characters so retexturing in the future isn't a pain.

Hell, World of Warcraft has used skeletons/models that have existed for over 10 years in Legion, and that shit still looks good.

protip to riot-make a good model/skeleton for your characters so retexturing in the future isn't a pain.

Hell, World of Warcraft has used skeletons/models that have existed for over 10 years in Legion, and that shit still looks good.
Didn't WoW recently update their character models because they looked like dated shit lol

Didn't WoW recently update their character models because they looked like dated shit lol

The [llayable character models

However the rest of the models(Enemies, NPCs) tend to be recycled. Xavius, the last boss of the first raid for legion used a 10 year old skeletonl for instance.

JulianImp

Retexturing is never a pain, since you swap a texture for another and it works exactly the same as long as you follow the UV map. The issue with pets is that they tend to get new models, which makes things more complicated than just replacing a png file with another. Something I think I remember from that article detailing the development of the devil Teemo skin is that it said something along the lines of character models not using a consistent notation for bone structures, which often makes things miserable for animators.

Like, if you have a bone structure and export a skinned mesh with it, then you should be able to swap the models at will and still have the animations work fine as long as you don't touch the bones, which would probably work fine for one of the cheaper skins. Still, it'd obviously take the artists longer to make than if they had to deal with a single new champion model, so you could say Zyra, Illaoi, Malz and other pet-carrying characters are considerably harder to develop skins for than your average champion.

You guys are focusing too much on what is shown, and aren't thinking outside the box.

The silhouette in this is a fake-out.

Whoever is standing in front of this egg looks like she is shrugging. Why is she shrugging? She's about to get killed by Dragon Slayer Rengar (the real skin reveal), and that egg is a trophy from one of his kills and she was trying to take it back.

=(

TheFlow

Banned
Think I just hit a personal best with nami

2/4/39

Out of 47 team kills.

I always play Nami with ez because her spells just go beautifully with his.

JulianImp

So our Graves top goes out of lane with a 7/2/3 kda or something, we get all their inhibitors early on and had their back against the wall, but then he and Lee keep jumping in the middle of a heavy CC comp of Ashe, Nautilus, Vi, Lux (guest starring Nasus), and promptly get themselves wiped out over and over (sometimes right after respawning!). My team decides to start baron when we had been spotted, I tell them to gtfo, Graves, Lee and Azir explode to the combined CC and damage, and the tables are turned to the point we're slowly but inexorably losing because our main initiators keep willingly walking into eternal CC chains!

Not even my Nami ults were enough to get people off of my teammates, because often enough they'd be stupid enough to go in deep with the rest of us too far back to actually do anything to stop them. Then we were left with three squishies (Azir, Jhin, Nami) to try and fend back their whole team.

Gotta hate it when teammates get too cocky and somehow believe that while charging head-first into over seven seconds' worth of CC didn't work the last ten times, it might just work now. Like, ffs...

Rek'sai's new ult is "almost" a new ability I have no idea what that could mean

My guess is that the new ult is paired with Burrow, and Rek'Sai can basically swim underground and pass through terrain to get around the map like Aurelion Sol. The second part of the ult can be used to dash to tunnels that she places and has a super long CD.

JulianImp

Got into a game without realizing Twitch was my jungler, but it ended up being the least of my worries. Botlane fed like stupid, mid also fed, and the enemy botlane ended up taking all the bot turrets up to the nexus in sixteen minutes. Why... why?!

Gotta love getting paired up with downright retarded teammates and getting free MMR hits, which in turn will probably result in me getting even dumber teammates for next game. Simply wonderful. I mean, the number of stupid player in my last game was two, and now it's up to four, so I can't help but shudder at what's in store for me the next time I dare to go into soloq (which won't be soon, since I gotta detox from all the salt I've been fed today).

zkylon

zkylewd
smashgizmo leaves riot this week

i forget if he worked in any champion in particular since he's in the balance team but good luck to him, i always liked his balance posts, very clear and easy to read

Rek'sai's new ult is "almost" a new ability I have no idea what that could mean
interesting

reksai tunnels and radar vision are way more interesting elements than her no downtime ult

hope what replaces it is good

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't like this skin, but this is good art (try to ignore the tiny hat lmao)

it's not a risky pic whatsoever but perverts at riot gave mf stupidly large tits and i'm trying to annoy less ppl

don't blame me if you're curious about the tits and get fired drawkak

Elementalist Lux have her skins couta for the next two years
speaking of, chroma lux should be going for 2450 soon-ish i think

i'll pounce when she's cheaper, that shitty minigame alone makes that skin worth like 800 rp less

not that i will ever use it, considering how fucking weak lux feels atm

or anyone that's not a lethality jungler for that matter

zkylon

zkylewd
idk i feel like i may start doing nasty stuff on spoiler tags

i feel very unchained right now

be careful what you wish for

Top Bottom