• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

garath

God dammit. I was working so hard to not get spoiled but the TSM vs SK vods weren't up yet so I went to Twitch to watch another stream and on the front page was Riot games with the schedule page showing and showed the Wins and Losses lol.

:(

Oh well. I guess I can keep watching from where we're at. Go TSM! Beating SK was a good step in the right direction.

idlewild_

TPA is looking better than I thought they would; SHRC looks worse, but that might just be from TPA playing well. Not sure if SK can win a game this WC, by the time Sven comes back the team will probably be on tilt from getting stomped repeatedly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
TPA is looking better than I thought they would; SHRC looks worse, but that might just be from TPA playing well. Not sure if SK can win a game this WC, by the time Sven comes back the team will probably be on tilt from getting stomped repeatedly.
This game looks close to me for some of the bad swings SHR took. I think with a different comp SHR would have won.

idlewild_

This game looks close to me for some of the bad swings SHR took. I think with a different comp SHR would have won.

Right, but running up to the WC a lot of people expected SHRC to come out of the groups first and TPA to probably take 4th. I haven't personally watched the LPL or GPL, but these teams look a lot more equal than what people were saying. Makes SHRC look worse and/or TPA look better than expected.

bokn

Banned
TPA made good decisions early game to take the lead, but their slow pace going into the midgame is pretty disappointing.

I dont think TPA can match a Korean team with this conservative type play. Never going for the kill, ever. I mean, mundo just tp'd to hit bot tower a few times instead of cutting off a weak SHRC :/ And with late game rolling around, SHRC become more and more favoured to win

again, wtf!

I think he's just really nervous? He doesnt usually play this poorly from the lpl games I've seen.
I mean, with TSM expected to come first, the winner of this game is basically 2nd place

brian!

it's like
they have this win condition in their head where they need to pick someone in order to do something because they are afraid of teamfighting
which makes sense but you don't have to follow it as strictly when you are 10k ahead
like if bjerg was playing syndra this would be so different

ori didn't even have dcap when tpa was trying to push things down

What an awful match, holy shit. Is this NA LCS or something?

Also Morning sweetie you already have every Large Rod item, get a Void Staff

garath

I don't know if this is first game nerves on a big stage or something but both teams are playing pretty poorly. This doesn't look like world class league.

TPA should have had it. They just failed to close out the game and let the lategame SHR come back.

TPA didn't push for all objectives when they had the lead. So passive and Bebe dying for their support which spiraled to their defeat. Yeah, 3 barons to Royal Club. GG.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
TPA didn't push for all objectives when they had the lead. So passive and Bebe dying for their support which spiraled to their defeat. Yeah, 3 barons to Royal Club. GG.
It's worse that TPA didn't take any Barons when you look at their comp. Mundo/Lee/Lucian should burn Baron like nothing, and Janna can zone the enemy jungler pretty hard.

brian!

they were rightfully careful but held out for super ideal situations i guess they were nervous or something
yeah i thought every baron would go to tpa

brian!

ideally steak would have been on the team
but i feel pretty strongly that they looked at the comps and thought to themselves "this is what winning is going to look like, let's create that situation"
and it mainly revolved around avoiding teamfights where things could be potentially turned
it really looks like they psyched themselves out

they also made some poor itemisation choices.

With the amount of MR on SHRC, there was no reason for Syndra not to have a void staff. Instead she went for another Needlessly Large Rod which would have built into... what? She already had Deathcap, Zhonya's and DFG.

zkylon

zkylewd
they also made some poor itemisation choices.

With the amount of MR on SHRC, there was no reason for Syndra not to have a void staff. Instead she went for another Needlessly Large Rod which would have built into... what? She already had Deathcap, Zhonya's and DFG.

wait this can't be right

wait this can't be right

here's the end of game screenshot:

XzEbGbK.jpg

brian!

can kind of rationalize it as a small boost of power for an expected game changing fight and not being able to afford void
like he had been buying blue pots before this too
but yah prtty questionable
esp since they looked so allergic to fighting

Leezard

What. The mejais on Janna. Where's the locket against a double AP team?

edit: It's rare to straight up call out pros on their itemization but I'm literally scratching my head.
Mejais on Janna is common and is generally good, especially when you start to get a lead.

Top Bottom