• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak? Middle Earth: Shadow of War [Box Art, Game Details, tons of DLC]

What do you think the "Gold War Chest" is for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ray Down

Banned
Also this game won't be held back by cross-gen like the first game was. That may help them expand a lot

sonriz3bvdmdrfm7uikj.gif

Yup hopefully they blow it out.

Peroroncino

Game isn't even confirmed and we already hear something about microtransaction, well fuck, eh, I wish people would stop buying it.

Although the first game kind of sucked and the campaign/plot is a travesty to everything Tolkien, the Nemesis system was a great concept in need of refinement. Hopefully this game improves A LOT upon the first.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Holy shit all that "gold" DLC day 1 DLC content, disgusting.

Will wait till this is available used and cheap. Not giving WB any extra money for this shit.

cjp

Never got around to playing the first one.

Didn't they butcher the license and include shit like magic powers and loads of other stuff that just doesn't fit into LotR?

Meh, I wanted to like the first one but the combat is so damn boring. Just button mash and watch your character do cool shit, unless they change it up(which I doubt), I'll pass.

I hate how so many games have now a "Gold Edition".

Dont even know what this is supposed to mean. Am i a hobo silver edition owner if i buy a regular ass version of a game?

I'm playing through the first game right now. It's fun title, with obvious flaws. Hopefully they'll fix those in Shadow of War.

Though, hearing about DLCs and possibly micro transactions before even the game is announced is always off-putting.

Never got around to playing the first one.

Didn't they butcher the license and include shit like magic powers and loads of other stuff that just doesn't fit into LotR?

Yessir.

Also, Gollum shows up for no reason other than to remind people this is a LotR thing.

How cannon is this though?

I can not wait for this and the first games nemesis system treated my play through perfectly.

My nemesis was really the one fucker I hated the most. It was awesome.

Okay, so say they want to set the third game in Rohan, but want it to be clear it's the same series.
I guess. I just don't think Shadow of is a very descriptive title for a franchise set in Middle-Earth. And Shadow of War is the blandest of bland titles.

vareon

Shadow of Mordor gave the title an identity, Shadow of War sounds like a chinese mobile game. There's probably a game called that already.

What I'm most surprised at is that no other game that I'm aware of has stolen/"taken inspiration from" the awesome Nemesis system yet. I would have loved to see it in a more realistic setting such as a Saints Row or Mercenaries style games. I liked Shadow of Mordor entirely in spite of the Tolkien setting.

All that DLC is pretty off putting, hoping the war chest is some sort of exclusive cosmetic content and not speed ups or gameplay advantages...

Gold Edition includes:
• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
• The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
• Gold War Chest
• Over $125 in total value

In Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™, nothing will be forgotten.
QVh0C7C.gif

already forgotten.

AHA-Lambda

Dear lord that's a lot of DLC =/

? Retail PC releases are still a thing, may not be one for this game, but a few games would get retail PC releases this year.

Retail PC releases are much much rarer in the US, and given it's a US site it's not a shock that a PC box is not there.

However, WB does seem to be backing away from PC of late remember. Injustice 2 is not coming to PC as far as we know.

Xero

bought MESoM the other day for $7.

Felt it wasn't worth it 😔 very ugly and repetitive.

Maybe this sequel is much improved.god knows LotR world deserves a great game

Felt the same luckily bought it used frome gs so i returned it and got something else. Very poor game with some decent mechanics. Like assassins creed 1.

Top Bottom