• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Cable and Domino concept art for Deadpool 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

1awHQ5S.png
This is pure 90s

Don't like the redesign for domino ( always liked short haired white powedered face) but I'm open to a new interpretation and the actress isn't a bad choice. So will see how it goes. Cable is cable so it's just on who they cast.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even though the Cable one especially is just...Cable without pouches galore?
You don't need all of the pouches, but there's little of Cable's identity in that art besides a silver arm and silver hair. Might as well be concept art for an aging Winter Soldier.

Doesn't just feel safe, it feels like they went out of the way to make him look boring and generic.

They don't need to do a goddamn thing. They can do what they want with how she looks yo

I don't believe that I used the word need in the manner which your response implies. Obviously they can do what they want.

Having a superhero w/ vitiligo is a great thing to show kids who have vitiligo. (Just like that model and the UFC guy.)

But this doesn't actually look like vitiligo so much as associating the tones of black and white with the skin colors of different peoples, which I think is misguided. It would definitely be interesting if they went with a vitiligo angle, I am just not fond of the idea that people take domino's pallor to indicate that she is caucasian. She shouldn't be assumed to be caucasian in terms of casting or even in the comics, because her white skin should be a mutation and not an inherited trait.

Bruh I hear you, I mean, Domino is fuckin' cool as hell as drawn in the comics and would have been equally as cool if done picture perfect in a movie.

But

Let me raise you this fact

That Domino looks fuckin' cool, way better than she's ever looked, and is now the only way I can imagine Domino going forward.

So there's that.

I think her hair looks cooler than it ever has in the comics, but the actual costume isn't anything impressive. I would be happier to see Zazie Beetz in some purple and black body armor.

Honestly though, I should probably just be glad she doesn't look like the awful picture that is used on her wikipedia page. I was worried they would make her look soft (but secretly dangerous) like so many other waify action girls in movies.

250px-DominoX-Men.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom