• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evlar

Banned
After 5 episodes, I've decided that I hate the announcer's voice and the old-timey intro short videos. They look terribly out of place and weird in that world.

They're news shorts, in the style of actual news shorts run before silent films. The narration is done in the style of old radio news broadcasts. It seems completely in line with the quasi-20's Gilded Age styling of the show.

Jintor

It's in line, but I still don't like it. ATLA's old 'burst through the clouds onto the scene' thing holds a better grasp on my memory.

especially with the Flamio reference.

wait, did I miss this?

After 5 episodes, I've decided that I hate the announcer's voice and the old-timey intro short videos. They look terribly out of place and weird in that world.

Also, and this is a general gripe, I don't like that everyone already knows how to bend really well. I like that everyone had something to learn in the original series.

Korra needs to become more spiritual, learn airbending, and adapt to the realities of society after living a sheltered life. Bolin's earthbending isn't rigid enough, also he's kind of a man-child(naive, but in a different way that Korra). Mako and Asami need some more development, stat.

It's in line, but I still don't like it. ATLA's old 'burst through the clouds onto the scene' thing holds a better grasp on my memory.

wait, did I miss this?

After Bolin vomited the announcer started advertising flamio noodles.

Satch

Banned

Also, and this is a general gripe, I don't like that everyone already knows how to bend really well. I like that everyone had something to learn in the original series.

Everybody we've seen fight so far has been terrible.

Lin and Tenzin haven't fought yet.

lmaooo
tumblr_m3oa40c2p11qz5n67o1_r1_400.gif

WE IN THERE

This is amazing.

Actually probending serves as one of the links to the brothers as well plus i can don't mind the ep being relationship focused since they are teenagers and its been a white elephant in the room for a while now.

With this played out
and more likely whats gonna happen the next episode
it can be placed on the backburner for a bit.

Also In TLA the fire nation was actually doing something but (for now) Republic City's main threat isn't doing anything....yet.

Well, we are hearing that Republic City has a lot of problems. The triad is led by benders (or I guess WAS led by...). Hell, I think a vigilante Korra - Mako - Bolin team fighting the Triad would have allowed us to see some bending action along with the same kind of character development.

Imagine what Sokka would've been like if they didn't make every age appropriate girl fall into his lap

You mean like in S1, episode 4 where the Kyoshi Warriors beat him and we get some nice comedy and then he goes to see if he can learn from them?

Veelk

Banned
Thiiiiiiiiis. I'm still waiting for a really awesome airbender battle. Aang only used kind of boring moves. I want to see air blades damn it! AIR BLADES!!

I somehow doubt that Tenzin is going to be any more bloodthirsty than Aang was.

Ezalc

I somehow doubt that Tenzin is going to be any more bloodthirsty than Aang was.

I can see Korra doing Air Blades. Am I the only one that wants to see more avatars that go against their homelands' ideologies? We already have Korra who doesn't seem to be very waterbender like, I want to see an aggressive airbender, calm firebender, and a more "light" earthbender.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can see Korra doing Air Blades. Am I the only one that wants to see more avatars that go against their homelands' ideologies? We already have Korra who doesn't seem to be very waterbender like, I want to see an aggressive airbender, calm firebender, and a more "light" earthbender.
Already got 'em.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait, I thought you were talking about personalities?

Fuzzery

Reuenthal

Banned
The show aint bad, in fact it is good but it is not as good as the first series. I also think that the first season of TLA is a bit underrated.

Omikaru

lmaooo

WE IN THERE
Right click --> Save

Amazing.

Thiiiiiiiiis. I'm still waiting for a really awesome airbender battle. Aang only used kind of boring moves. I want to see air blades damn it! AIR BLADES!!
Somehow I think Tenzin will be like Aang. However, the longer they put off showing someone but not having them fight, the bigger the badass people expect them to be. To be fair, I think that Tenzin will kick some Equalist ass, but only in defence.

I imagine Amon will perceive airbending as a big threat, since his Equalists probably don't have a defence against it. I reckon he may attack Air Temple Island and try to take away Tenzin and his children's bending, which would make it even more difficult for Korra to learn the skill.

GCX

should i watch the legend of aang before the legend of korra? i'm new to this.
It's one of the greatest animated shows out there so there's certainly no harm in doing that.

Also it makes you understand the mythology and bending and stuff better in Legend of Korra.

Violet_0

Banned
Somehow I think Tenzin will be like Aang.

I don't think so - I can't even imagine him using Aang's trademark air ball technique. He'll probably be less mobile, but can dodge like a champ and toss his opponents around with powerful air blasts.

And if Korra doesn't have her bending stripped away by Amon at the end of this season, then it'll totally happen to Tenzin.

marrec

Banned
I think Korra's response to that nose-rubbing not even 5 minutes in the episode summed up my reactions.
KuGsj.gif

Seriously though, that was fucked up on Korra's part. But that's enough about that subject from me. Episode was pretty good, ESPECIALLY the Bolin tiebreaker.

YES!

I want a Bolin Pro Bending Tee and I want it NAO!

lmaooo

WE IN THERE

That GIF is the greatest thing to come out of anything ever. I'mma use it for everything.

jasonng

Well, consider the fact that they're constantly teasing their fans with stuff like "TEAM Makorra or TEAM Masami?!" on twitter, and when taking into account the nature of this episode, I think it's safe to say that they were intentionally trolling the shippers (shipping was HUGE in TLA).

they also kind of have a history of doing this

I'm glad I'm a late ATLA fan then. I never even heard of shipping before this thread. I had to unfollow the Legend of Korra tag on tumblr because of all the plethora of shipping people were posting.

Right click --> Save
I imagine Amon will perceive airbending as a big threat, since his Equalists probably don't have a defence against it. I reckon he may attack Air Temple Island and try to take away Tenzin and his children's bending, which would make it even more difficult for Korra to learn the skill.

I kinda expect this to happen. We know that the Avatar can physically manifest their previous lives as Anng did both Roku and Kyoshi. If the attack on Air Temple Island does take place I should hope to see a really pissed off Korra/Anng.

Blackhead

Redarse
I kinda expect this to happen. We know that the Avatar can physically manifest their previous lives as Anng did both Roku and Kyoshi. If the attack on Air Temple Island does take place I should hope to see a really pissed off Korra/Anng.

Air Temple Island has the Order of the White Lotus guards besides Korra and Tenzin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom